Muncy gets offer from Wake

jets

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Combines and camps help you trmendously. Star Jackson, I know I use him as an example a lot but its because im close to him, wasnt receiving hardly any attention until he started going to camps right before his junior year. He had since been a top recruit in the nation, was invited to the Elite Eleven qb camp this past summer, and was an All-American this year. He had received some letters of interest from small schools in d-2 and d-3 but once he put himself out there, every D-1 school showed interest in him and started offering.

I know for a fact that you cant just go into a combine, do well, and expect offers. You have to show up in your actual games. I saw Tazewell play against Graham this year and for anyone from that game to get an offer from a D-1 school just blows my mind. Maybe it was his worst game of the year where he didnt perform his best, idk, but no one there showed me anything to be impressed with.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

if he had played for richlands as austin fuller did where would his stats be now...

jets send muncy down & while your at it throw in raz - the bluenecks would be loving that idea

[/ QUOTE ]they would probably do alot better playing behind the o line rlands has coming back

Wake hasnt signed anyone. He has been crazily offered, thats it. After watching Bluefield play against Richlands and getting to see Tazewell play against Graham, I would gladly take anyone Richlands has to offer over a Bulldog.

if you have such a D-1 caliber receiver, youre team should do a lot better than 1-9. The only way I can see this not working out is like with Bluefields situation. Ansel Ponder, a D-1 caliber wideout, plays on a team with a tremendous amount of weapons. This Muncy kid doesnt play for a team filled with weapons, so why didnt he put up numbers and lead his team to more wins or an all-state selection?

But if he is that good to get an offer from Wake Forest 4 days after signing day and he starts both ways and plays and important postion like QB he should be able to impact the game enough to win more than 1 game espcially since they play a weak schedule.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Muncy is better than anything richlands has and wake signing him proves it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You lost all credibility with that comment...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have watched that kid play against Graham 4 or 5 times, and I have never saw anything that would make me think he could play at Concord, muchless Wake Forest. If they offered him a full ride, then recruiting has went WAY down.

I don't get it either. He may be a great athlete....but as a junior...I don't understand why he was signed already. Is there any family connections or anything? I'm sure the kid will be productive with his frame and speed. I guess that is why we don't get paid to recruit. I'm sure they saw something in him or they wouldn't be putting out a scholarship.

this board is so funny......a local kid gets rewarded for working hard and having the potential to be the best recruit to ever come out of the area and all anyone can do is put him down......sounds like a big lump of jealousy to me.....Muncy may be rough around the edges but what the WF coaches are looking at is potential....Muncy with some college coaching can become a great football player

Also, for whoever made the "with ansel ponder you could have a better record than 1-9" has never seen ponder get hit.....when he does, he wilts....maybe thats why there were so many D-1 offers.....wait a second

[ QUOTE ]

But if he is that good to get an offer from Wake Forest 4 days after signing day and he starts both ways and plays and important postion like QB he should be able to impact the game enough to win more than 1 game espcially since they play a weak schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weak schedule?!?! Hahaha...seriously do you even keep up with football around here??

[ QUOTE ]

this board is so funny......a local kid gets rewarded for working hard and having the potential to be the best recruit to ever come out of the area and all anyone can do is put him down......sounds like a big lump of jealousy to me.....Muncy may be rough around the edges but what the WF coaches are looking at is potential....Muncy with some college coaching can become a great football player

Also, for whoever made the "with ansel ponder you could have a better record than 1-9" has never seen ponder get hit.....when he does, he wilts....maybe thats why there were so many D-1 offers.....wait a second

[/ QUOTE ]

potential best recruit to ever come out of this area???

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

maybe you are forgetting about a few people from around this area that have already gone bigger and better than Muncy will probably ever go....

Key word bro....POTENTIAL.....He has the potential

Why are we all even questioning the WF coachin staff anyway?? Thats why they are where they are and we all are here on message boards

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know for a fact that Wake Forest was very interested in Ponder during the late part of spring/early part of summer last year. Bluefield went and competed in the 7 on 7 tournament on Wake's campus, and from a very reliable source, they almost offered him on the spot. Now why it was not pursued, I have no clue. If it were my guess it may have fallen on Ansel's academics. He is a a steady student but Wake has very challenging prerequisites in order to be accepted. And as for your comment on Ponder not being able to take a hit, well, Wake Forest was recruiting to dish them out. They had plans for him to be playing in the secondary.

In closing, in my opinion, for what it's worth, I think that our area's best recruit ever wears #44 for the NY Giants and just won a Super Bowl ring...

[ QUOTE ]

I don't get it either. He may be a great athlete....but as a junior...I don't understand why he was signed already. Is there any family connections or anything? I'm sure the kid will be productive with his frame and speed. I guess that is why we don't get paid to recruit. I'm sure they saw something in him or they wouldn't be putting out a scholarship.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha..I wish our family had some kind of connection there

Ansel Ponder not being able to take a hit? he went shoulder up with two very much larger than he guys from James Monroe and laid them both out, once on offense at Mitchell and again on special teams in Wheeling. The kid also broke about 5 tackles in one kick off return for a td against Mount View. IDK when or where youve watched him play, but you are dead wrong. The kid is 6'3, 185 of solid muscle and I havent seen him once back away from someone who is bigger than he.

To compare offers from D-1 is pretty stupid. Id rather Ansel play D-2 ball or attend Hargrave than somehow squeeze out an offer from Wake. Muncy clearly hasnt impressed anyone except for those from Tazewell. Go onto a WVU based forum and ask about Ansel Ponder and I gurantee you will see some great posts and conversation from people all over the state wanting him at WVU. I would also gurantee you go anywhere else and bring up this Muncy kid and youd get a whole lot of crickets.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Ansel Ponder not being able to take a hit? he went shoulder up with two very much larger than he guys from James Monroe and laid them both out, once on offense at Mitchell and again on special teams in Wheeling. The kid also broke about 5 tackles in one kick off return for a td against Mount View. IDK when or where youve watched him play, but you are dead wrong. The kid is 6'3, 185 of solid muscle and I havent seen him once back away from someone who is bigger than he.

To compare offers from D-1 is pretty stupid. Id rather Ansel play D-2 ball or attend Hargrave than somehow squeeze out an offer from Wake. Muncy clearly hasnt impressed anyone except for those from Tazewell. Go onto a WVU based forum and ask about Ansel Ponder and I gurantee you will see some great posts and conversation from people all over the state wanting him at WVU. I would also gurantee you go anywhere else and bring up this Muncy kid and youd get a whole lot of crickets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ansel Ponder also had many solo tackles on Jordan Roberts both times they played... And Jordan roberts is not a lightweight...

he had to have at least 5 or so tackles against Jordan Roberts in the game at Charleston...about 4 or so of those were touchdown saving tackles where he just used very good tackling with getting lower than Roberts and wrapping up which isnt seen very often with the big play type safety he was for Bluefield...usually with the "big play" guys on defense they dont wrap up...they go for the big hit and if they bounce off of the big hit they are gone...very good fundamentals on defense for Ansel..i wish the best for him in college and the same with Muncy...whether Muncy goes to WF or somewhere else...its always good to see a local player do good at the next level...

and also about me, who did make that comment about Ansel but didnt say what you think I said, I know Ansel personally. Im a friend of Ansel's, talk to him everyday, and have watched him play football and basketball for three seasons now. If Ansel wasnt as a good a player as people make him out to be, explain the triple teams that every team played against him this year and yet he still ended up with 800 yards receiving and 13 td's?