Muncy gets offer from Wake

jets

getting offers is a lot better than not. some of our players cant accept those for personal reasons, like Eric's which I completely understand, and it's a shame. I am still very happy with how he has managed his tough situation.

speaking of attention, Will Cole was just invited to a Nike combine in North Carolina sometime in May.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

if you have such a D-1 caliber receiver, youre team should do a lot better than 1-9. The only way I can see this not working out is like with Bluefields situation. Ansel Ponder, a D-1 caliber wideout, plays on a team with a tremendous amount of weapons. This Muncy kid doesnt play for a team filled with weapons, so why didnt he put up numbers and lead his team to more wins or an all-state selection?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe somebody from Bluefield High School needs to be sending some videotape of Ansel Ponder to Wake Forest...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

if you have such a D-1 caliber receiver, youre team should do a lot better than 1-9. The only way I can see this not working out is like with Bluefields situation. Ansel Ponder, a D-1 caliber wideout, plays on a team with a tremendous amount of weapons. This Muncy kid doesnt play for a team filled with weapons, so why didnt he put up numbers and lead his team to more wins or an all-state selection?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe somebody from Bluefield High School needs to be sending some videotape of Ansel Ponder to Wake Forest...

[/ QUOTE ]

And send some game tape of Matt Muncy too while you are at it......

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you can compare their grades and take into account why they are really in college.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you can compare their grades and take into account why they are really in college.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then he needs to go there on academics not athletics...

From what i have heard this guy sounds like a T-shirt All-American. A player who has great workouts and combines, but when he gets on the field it is a different story.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Ansel was at a Wake camp this past summer, so i'm sure the coaches know of him. But Muncy has the offer,so congrats to him. I'm sure the caches at wake know what they are doing.

congrats muncy. i honestly dont understand all the slop slingin here. stats of an individual are directly attributed to the quality of the team around the individual. fuller at rlands is undeniably a great athelete but had much better stats as a jr than a senior. i'm sure that the guys making the bucks at wake see the ability of muncy reguardless of the stats. anyway congrats and good luck and if you'd like to trade the green for blue we'd love to have ya!!grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

What number is he for Tazewell #8 maybe?, I really don't remember seeing any good WRs in the game vs GW. And maybe that contributed to a bad QB but I honestly don't remember him?

[/ QUOTE ]

That seems to be a common problem.......

I think they look at potential in some cases...they see a good frame and starting point that they think they can work with...and roll the dice.

I hope he takes advantage of it...awesome to see another local kid move on to the next level...congrats!

Couldn't agree with you more, mudmaker. The kid has potential, he just hasn't had any help. I know when Richlands played Tazewell last year, the coaches had Austin shadow Muncy a great deal of the time. I don't understand why people are downing this kid. I wish more kids in this county would get attention from a school like Wake. Good Luck Muncy!!

yeah matt made second team quaterback and brusier moore made 1st team defense and raz made 1st team running back and cameron young made second team offesive line go dawgs

Muncy is number seven. Possibly the reason you don't remember him this year is because he was moved all over the place until the last four games--played defense AND offense for most of them. Only in the last four did he play quarterback, and those games scored more points than any of the previous ones.

I've got a couple of things to say:

First, to note MY credibility, I've spent more than 30 years watching Bulldog football, good and bad. I'm not a coach, but I'm a student of the game and I call 'em as I see 'em. Usually I don't weigh into these debates, but I think many of you are straying from the intended topic and it's doing nothing but delivering needless low blows to a hard working and deserving kid. Think about it--if we're reading this muck, what's to say he isn't?

Muncy is as good as anything I've seen come through Tazewell's program; he's fast, he can throw, he can catch, and he can scramble. In my opinion, which counts no more or less than any of yours, the reason he didn't put up more impressive stats this year is because the Tazewell coaching staff took half the season to figure out he belonged at quarterback. Also, as one of you so aptly put it, it's a game of 11, not one. Tazewell had reworked their offensive and defensive lines completely, and the results were less than desirable. I personally hope they go back to the way they played ball in fall, 2006.

FYI, Muncy has no family connections to Wake Forest. (That was a low blow, too.) The kid is out at the field house every night, lifting weights and working out, day in and day out. He works hard, has done so since he was in Little League, and that work seems to be paying off now. I, for one, wish to congratulate him and wish him the best.

You know, lots of people complain about nobody from this area going off and making something of themselves. Bradshaw has, Miller has, Compton has, Wagner has... It's really pathetic that some of the people on this site are so petty and possibly jealous that they would rather needlessly bash a kid they don't even know than to have the decency to wish him good luck. They ought to be ashamed of themselves. Maybe that's why more people from this area DON'T "make it big"--too many naysayers holding them down...

Good luck, Matt. Follow your dream, and don't believe ANYONE who says you aren't good enough to achieve it.

[ QUOTE ]

I've got a couple of things to say:

First, to note MY credibility, I've spent more than 30 years watching Bulldog football, good and bad. I'm not a coach, but I'm a student of the game and I call 'em as I see 'em. Usually I don't weigh into these debates, but I think many of you are straying from the intended topic and it's doing nothing but delivering needless low blows to a hard working and deserving kid. Think about it--if we're reading this muck, what's to say he isn't?

Muncy is as good as anything I've seen come through Tazewell's program; he's fast, he can throw, he can catch, and he can scramble. In my opinion, which counts no more or less than any of yours, the reason he didn't put up more impressive stats this year is because the Tazewell coaching staff took half the season to figure out he belonged at quarterback. Also, as one of you so aptly put it, it's a game of 11, not one. Tazewell had reworked their offensive and defensive lines completely, and the results were less than desirable. I personally hope they go back to the way they played ball in fall, 2006.

FYI, Muncy has no family connections to Wake Forest. (That was a low blow, too.) The kid is out at the field house every night, lifting weights and working out, day in and day out. He works hard, has done so since he was in Little League, and that work seems to be paying off now. I, for one, wish to congratulate him and wish him the best.

You know, lots of people complain about nobody from this area going off and making something of themselves. Bradshaw has, Miller has, Compton has, Wagner has... It's really pathetic that some of the people on this site are so petty and possibly jealous that they would rather needlessly bash a kid they don't even know than to have the decency to wish him good luck. They ought to be ashamed of themselves. Maybe that's why more people from this area DON'T "make it big"--too many naysayers holding them down...

Good luck, Matt. Follow your dream, and don't believe ANYONE who says you aren't good enough to achieve it.

[/ QUOTE ]

great post.... well i think i know him better than anyone on here... long about the time we beat a bluefield team 48-0 in midget league when Matt was my QB... after everyone else in the league wanted to make him a tight end...A guy from Tazewell came to me and said he would love to be able to spend some time with Matt... said Matt would be the next great QB to come from the area... i of course being family agreed with him.... his father played for BigCreek as well as his grand father... oh by the way that guys name..... Jesse Davis.... now you know the rest of the story... hope these youth league championship footballs he signed i still have are worth something one day

I've got to know this kid and I know his father as well. Matt I wish ya the best of luck, don't worry bout what the fools on here have to say, if u are reading it.. Like I told ya all last season KEEP THAT HEAD UP HIGH.. GOOD LUCK BRO...

...all i can say is that from my experience around here, the better you are the more people put you down...so if you are on the receiving end of the jealousy and hate of some of the morons around here, consider it a badge of honor and wear it with pride...seems like if you can make people that jealous that they have to put you down, you did something right.

again...i wish the kid the best of luck and it's good to see another area kid move on to bigger things...just take full advantage of it...because it's a very rare opportunity.

I am not trying to put the kid down in any way. I am just shocked that he would get such an offer from a D-1, ACC school when he really isnt all that good. I wish him the best of luck for his senior season and luck if he does sign at Wake.