Muncy receives second offer

bandit

[ QUOTE ]

And most of the plays on his highlight film are against the second and third strings of the other teams since Tazewell was getting blown out in most of those games...

[/ QUOTE ]

While that may be correct, the point is that you can't blame him for his team not being good and it has no bearing on his individual ability.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is, he may have gotten his name out at these combines, but I still don't see how a DI school would be interested in him after watching game film. Everyone knows football takes 11 men, but if you are DI caliber, how does your team only win one game?

The facts are he is going to a D1 school it does not matter if we have seen what we feel is a D1 athlete its school that recruited him. I wish him nothing but the best and hope he takes full advantage of this chance of a lifetime.

Why is everybody hatin on this cat soooooo much. Everybody on here that's 25 or older from anywhere but tazewell just talks smack! and says he isn't all that. If he wasn't "all that" fellas he wouldn't be getting the OFFERS, as a JUNIOR. So you can just keep on cryin those rivers about how he's not "as good" as Austin Fuller or Ponder. And "nobody else thinks he is the same caliber as them either".....Ya'll make me sick...Time to grow up.

But "ohhh most of his highlights were against the 2nd and 3rd teams of other teams".....awwwww boooooo frikin hoooooo. Nobody takes any time to realize that this kid did NOT ....have a line in the slightest way to protect him from ANYTHING.....Hell he mighta done better without one period!

Bottom line is....quit hating on this cat.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Why is everybody hatin on this cat soooooo much. Everybody on here that's 25 or older from anywhere but tazewell just talks smack! and says he isn't all that. If he wasn't "all that" fellas he wouldn't be getting the OFFERS, as a JUNIOR. So you can just keep on cryin those rivers about how he's not "as good" as Austin Fuller or Ponder. And "nobody else thinks he is the same caliber as them either".....Ya'll make me sick...Time to grow up.

But "ohhh most of his highlights were against the 2nd and 3rd teams of other teams".....awwwww boooooo frikin hoooooo. Nobody takes any time to realize that this kid did NOT ....have a line in the slightest way to protect him from ANYTHING.....Hell he mighta done better without one period!

Bottom line is....quit hating on this cat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny thing is, I swore he was a bulldog.

In general, VERY FEW people from this area go on to play D1 ball, and according to many of the people who have been watching SWD and WV football for a long time, im gonna say longer than you were alive, don't see the D1 talent in this kid. There is no denying that. He has yet to prove himself to the people of this area, however the lucky thing is he did impress a few coaches at a higher level.

Bottom line, something just doesnt add up.

[ QUOTE ]

I bet he could care less what any of you think, besides he has already signed to play at the next level so good luck Matt.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he didn't care, why did he keep PM'ing me asking why I have posted what I've posted???

As I said in another post, I'm glad he took the WFU offer. Not only did he take my advice, but he's going to get a GREAT, FREE EDUCATION from an EXCELLENT University...

oh my dear lord somebody made a funny about me sayin "cat" about a bulldog!....wow....you are just the funniest little beaver i ever did see! but no wait! i'm not gonna sink down to your beaver/gman kiss each other level yet! cause i'm a little younger than you 'big mature guys!" and i see what is atcually going on in the high school football today....hahaha.....really though....bottom line......is.....this CAT....yeah CAT....yeah i said it, crack your jokes.......this cat can out play anyone of these 25 year old "moderators" on here so......i don't even see why beaver and G man are even talking.......how old are ya'll anyway??? if you're older than 25 than don't even post back!

"oh i've watched these kids since they were 13" shut up already, i've played with these boys since they were in little league......and i'm not tryin to start some shat.....just tryin to keep ya'll "i know everthing" moderaters from ruling this board...........

And like he took YOUR ADVICE G-man....cause you're soooo respected around here right? hahaha kick me off man.....I'd love to see yah on the field.....thats right....you're like 40 so you can't!....but....enough of that...

Thank you for your support.......

Fighton_3

ok first of all Beaver graduated last year...so dont talk about something you dont know...and second of all..Gman and many many others have congradulated him numerous times...you just seem to skip over those posts and make wise cracks and bash others...if you read Gman's post he said good luck to him and cherish the more important thing...the education...read into what you are talking about before you go posting on here...

Sincerely,

Beano

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

oh my dear lord somebody made a funny about me sayin "cat" about a bulldog!....wow....you are just the funniest little beaver i ever did see! but no wait! i'm not gonna sink down to your beaver/gman kiss each other level yet! cause i'm a little younger than you 'big mature guys!" and i see what is atcually going on in the high school football today....hahaha.....really though....bottom line......is.....this CAT....yeah CAT....yeah i said it, crack your jokes.......this cat can out play anyone of these 25 year old "moderators" on here so......i don't even see why beaver and G man are even talking.......how old are ya'll anyway??? if you're older than 25 than don't even post back!

"oh i've watched these kids since they were 13" shut up already, i've played with these boys since they were in little league......and i'm not tryin to start some shat.....just tryin to keep ya'll "i know everthing" moderaters from ruling this board...........

And like he took YOUR ADVICE G-man....cause you're soooo respected around here right? hahaha kick me off man.....I'd love to see yah on the field.....thats right....you're like 40 so you can't!....but....enough of that...

Fighton_3

[/ QUOTE ]

ahh man... I forgot there was a age requirement for posting.

If you really wanted to support your friend, which you seem to be, I would start by not calling out all the people on the board, who like i said earlier, dont see the D1 ability just yet. Some old, some young, but all have an opinion just like you little buddy. Maybe by posting some stats or something to get Muncy's credibility up, cause like I said earlier many people think his play doesnt add up to D1 talent.

Go ahead and bash my post, but its only gonna make you and Muncy have less credibilty.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I bet he could care less what any of you think, besides he has already signed to play at the next level so good luck Matt.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he didn't care, why did he keep PM'ing me asking why I have posted what I've posted???

As I said in another post, I'm glad he took the WFU offer. Not only did he take my advice, but he's going to get a GREAT, FREE EDUCATION from an EXCELLENT University...

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess he would have to rape someone and do jail time and still owe some jail time to be good in your eyes.

[ QUOTE ]

Fighton_3

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a complete dumbsh!t. Judging from your annoying rant, I am going to trust "old guys" like Gman because he knows what he is talking about.

Oh yea, if you want to take a hit from me, feel free to come up anytime little boy. I am not going to stoop to your level and threaten people, but if you are going to offer, be my guest.

Sincerely,

Bogeavers

P.S. If you are a reflection of the kids playing high school ball now, I am really depressed. You are a joke and I might go to the book store and get you the Maturing for Dummies book.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess he would have to rape someone and do jail time and still owe some jail time to be good in your eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alrighty, alrighty, I have seen Muncy play once and I was impressed. This is nothing against you Matt, but I honestly think players such as Ansel Ponder and Shaun Brook showed more D1 ability. I am really happy that a local kid is getting to go to a good school and I am not bashing you at all.

Ansel's physical and on-the-field stats match up with many of the top 25 recievers prospects in the nation. But he did not recieve offers from places anything like WFU. I just don't understand any of this.

Now I know someone is going to post "So I guess they have to be from Bluefield to have D1 talent." But I don't give a [censored].

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he would just have to make the NFL and be an important part of his team's Super Bowl victory to be good...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he would just have to make the NFL and be an important part of his team's Super Bowl victory to be good...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yes! That was great Gman, I am going to have to go to Wal-Mart to get some tissues for the poor guy.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yes! That was great Gman, I am going to have to go to Wal-Mart to get some tissues for the poor guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, and I forgot something in that comment...

...and for Mr. Muncy, I don't see that happening...

Guest JJBrickface

This whole thread is funny. None of us know what the hell we are talking about...thats why we are posting on a message board.

The Muncy kid must be doing something right to be able to impress these guys at the camps he's going to, HOWEVER, if he isnt impressing anyone here in this area on the field against this competition, what is he really proving? I'll tell you what it is; he can impress when no one is on him or when no one is pressuring, but when the pressure is on and/or someone is in his face, he is nothing. I watched the Tazewell/Graham football game this year and not a soul impressed me out there on that field (maybe Barerras, but thats about it). Now until I see this kid dominate and completely take control of football games like Shaun Brooks, Austin Fuller and Ansel Ponder were famous for doing, I wont give him any credit. I'll be on the lookout for this kid and go see some of his games just to maybe catch what some of the hype is, but im not completely sure if I want to waste my money on gas or a ticket.

Ansel is 6'3 180, but his 180 is solid. Not an ounce of body fat. Hargrave's coach is talking with him about how they are planning to get him bigger. They like his frame, like his initial size, and want to concentrate on getting his weight up.

the whole point of the "rant", buddy, was to show how everybody just says he isn't good and for ya'll to compare him to somebody FROM bluefield, is a little bias don'tcha think? I guess time will tell though won't it.

And you talkin to be about bashin people? Mr. maturing for dummies did nothing but talk smack about me in that last message. And as for this "little boy" here. I hold my own and always will. But don't getcha panties in a twist. This is a message board, for god's sake!

So long for now!

[ QUOTE ]

the whole point of the "rant", buddy, was to show how everybody just says he isn't good and for ya'll to compare him to somebody FROM bluefield, is a little bias don'tcha think? I guess time will tell though won't it.

And you talkin to be about bashin people? Mr. maturing for dummies did nothing but talk smack about me in that last message. And as for this "little boy" here. I hold my own and always will. But don't getcha panties in a twist. This is a message board, for god's sake!

So long for now!

[/ QUOTE ]

The reference was to someone who was a divison 1 athlete, in Ahmad Bradshaw who happens to be from Bluefield. Austin Fuller is a division 1 athlete also. I have watched Muncy over a half dozen times in the last three years, and he has shown me absolutely nothing that would make me believe he is a divsion II athlete muchless division 1. He is very fortunate to have recieved the offers he has. Too bad once he gets there they will realize what a mistake it was to offer.

If you are speaking of comparing Ansel and Muncy, then im sure anyone on this board after seeing what Ansel did this past year would choose him over your Muncy. The thing is, Ansel proved himself in games against good competition, not the second string and third string of teams like Muncy did. Im also sure that we all would agree that if Ansel didnt put just as much work into basketball with summer leagues and such and actually go to the camps he was invited to for football, he would have had the surplus D-1 offers Muncy has received. He may be smaller than Muncy, but he is much faster, and after seeing him man-handle two 6'8 215+ pound guys in basketball season, I would put big money on Ansel showing up Muncy one-on-one. Just my bit, fighton.