Muncy receives second offer

bandit

with all due respect to ansel, he did have a much better team around him. put matt on bluefield's team last year and i wonder how he would have done? there's all these what if questions but the point is he has proved himself to d1 colleges, enough to get offers from more than 1, so why can't we all just be proud of him?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

with all due respect to ansel, he did have a much better team around him. put matt on bluefield's team last year and i wonder how he would have done? there's all these what if questions but the point is he has proved himself to d1 colleges, enough to get offers from more than 1, so why can't we all just be proud of him? [/quote

I am proud of him, the other one can't be because it takeing the spotlight at the time being off their school and players, Big [censored] deal I'm glad all the area guys are getting looked at, and no one should be saying well he don't deserve it. Some of you younger punks will releaize this [censored] when you get older and have your own kids.. Muncy, Fuller, and anyone else getting to go to the next level, good luck, dont listen to what these numb nuts have to say.

Well i mean, hypothetically speaking, if i WAS comparing the two.......which i wasn't.......then you could post your opinions about how good ponder is....in...innnn....oh yeah!....the basketball forum, about two clicks away.

EH knows what he's talking about.

Alright...i'm gonna break it down right now, for everyyyybody on here that apparently doesn't get my point. Muncy has offers because of his potential, this is true, but not strictly because of it. The people who do the recruiting are there to watch the "big players", but they don't overlook the team that they are playing with either. They saw muncy doing what he was supposed to be doing, things such as being a leader, going to the combines, and just straight work ethic. Which to me, would be SOME of the things to look for in a football player. I don't know what everybody else thinks on here though. Maybe that's just, some things that I would look for.

Bottom line is they know what he's capable of and so do alot of other people, but you's guy's on here will never second guess your first judgement on this kid. So hell, I guess this whole thing was pointless after all.

Oh and getmoney, when you say "that anyone would choose ponder over your muncy"......I hope you don't think I own him.

Yup. That's it.

Look I'm glad for the Muncy kid, I really am, and I truly wish that more area kids were to take the approach that he did and be assertive towards attending camps, combines, and the like to get their name out there. However, he hasnt proven himself to anyone here, in this area, in a game where it matter, and until he does so, expect to have the majority of people from this area doubting what the hype is.

I refered to him as "your muncy" because apparently, as you've stated, you play with him, grown up with him, shower with him, idk what else...therefore he is your case to be stated so I addressed him as "yours." I'm sure everyone here is happy for him, I know I am for sure, that he is receiving this much attention for his hard work, however, he hasn't proven to anyone here, myself included, on what this hype is when he is in a game, when someone is in his face, pressuring him. As I said earlier, until that happens expect people to continue doubting him. I wish him all the best in this upcoming season to shut people up like myself and others, and I wish him the best at the college he decides to sign with.

Guest JJBrickface

Like I said WHO CARES what he has proven to anyone here??? He proved himself to the people that matter, and for that he is going to have a chance to play D-1 football and get a free education.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

Listen JJ, this is an opinion based forum where opinions of others are posted. If you dont like it, you can ignore what others have to say. Get over yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fact is, in this situation your opinion doesn't mean a damn thing. You aren't the one giving out scholarships, you are posting on a message board.

You seem to not like anyone's opinion unless it has something to do with WVU being the best in the world at anything in the world. Like I said, people post their opinions on here because it is an open sports opinion forum. No one likes when you get on here and cry about it. I understand that my opinion doesnt mean much, but this is an open forum where others are posting theirs and I will do mine. No one likes a cry baby, JJ. If this Muncy kid wants to shut people up, he can do it on the field. He doesnt need big brother JJ standing up for him and handing him tissues.

Guest JJBrickface

A few things here...

1. This thread has nothing to do about WVU

2. I don't know the Muncy kid at all, but I do know that he has a scholarship to play D-1 football, so for that I am giving the kid credit.

3. You are mad about my opinion on your opinion?

Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]

Some Bluefield fans truly embarrass me, but that's the nature of the beast....

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you..this topic has exploded from what the meaning was supposed to be..Congrats to the Muncy kid...Drop the opinions and be proud of him whether he is good enough to play d-1 or if he is not good enough to play d-1

Guest JJBrickface

Beaverbaseball and JamesL,

Thank you!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

When in Rome...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, please go on...

[/ QUOTE ]

..do as romans do?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's an old expression.

Well, I've never heard of it.

[ QUOTE ]

JJ's got it. Munc doesn't need to impress anybody, on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

But as it has been stated numerous times, not only on this thread but many threads. This is an opinionated forum. We can voice our opinions if we so desire whether it means something or not. Congrats to Muncy. Make the SWD proud! I personally haven't seen him play so I cannot make any judgements. Maybe I will catch the Graham-Tazewell game this year to see what he has.

There's something that many on this board and this area should understand. While college football programs at all levels actively recruit “position†players, all colleges seek out and recruit athletes. Most do so with the understanding that these athletes have yet to mature physically. There has been and will continue to be guys who play positions at the high school level, move on to play college ball at unexpected positions. Muncy is an athlete. He has been recruited for his physical attributes and possible potential. Once he gets into a college conditioning and workout program his coaches will determine where best to try and play him and then groom him for such positions. The same will hold true for Fuller and for Ponder. At this point no one knows if or where any of these guys will play.

By now everyone should know that most of the posts on this board are in fact just “opinionsâ€. They will always vary and be opposed by someone. That’s the purpose isn’t it? A friendly discussion of the sports events in the area, the fortunes and misfortunes of local teams and athletes. Again, I praise all teams and athletes from “OUR†area that either by skill or determination manage to find recognition at the higher levels. It is my hope that the trend continues to improve and that the opportunities for “OUR†kids to plays sports at the next level expand.

• 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Virginia Tech, UVA, UNC...that makes 3. He also had Marshall, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Coastal Carolina, East Carolina and a few other smaller schools.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubt he received actual offers from all those schools...probably had great interest from all of them but not offers...

[/ QUOTE ]

why are ignorant people such haters?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

the whole point of the "rant", buddy, was to show how everybody just says he isn't good and for ya'll to compare him to somebody FROM bluefield, is a little bias don'tcha think? I guess time will tell though won't it.

And you talkin to be about bashin people? Mr. maturing for dummies did nothing but talk smack about me in that last message. And as for this "little boy" here. I hold my own and always will. But don't getcha panties in a twist. This is a message board, for god's sake!

So long for now!

[/ QUOTE ]

The reference was to someone who was a divison 1 athlete, in Ahmad Bradshaw who happens to be from Bluefield. Austin Fuller is a division 1 athlete also. I have watched Muncy over a half dozen times in the last three years, and he has shown me absolutely nothing that would make me believe he is a divsion II athlete muchless division 1. He is very fortunate to have recieved the offers he has. Too bad once he gets there they will realize what a mistake it was to offer.

[/ QUOTE ]

too bad you are an idiot who dont mater. i watch bradshaw play 3 games and he fell on his face in all three of them. does that make me say he is no good?... nope cause im not an idiot like you. and if ponder had been good enough he would be play d1 as well.

[ QUOTE ]

If you are speaking of comparing Ansel and Muncy, then im sure anyone on this board after seeing what Ansel did this past year would choose him over your Muncy. The thing is, Ansel proved himself in games against good competition, not the second string and third string of teams like Muncy did. Im also sure that we all would agree that if Ansel didnt put just as much work into basketball with summer leagues and such and actually go to the camps he was invited to for football, he would have had the surplus D-1 offers Muncy has received. He may be smaller than Muncy, but he is much faster, and after seeing him man-handle two 6'8 215+ pound guys in basketball season, I would put big money on Ansel showing up Muncy one-on-one. Just my bit, fighton.

[/ QUOTE ]

how much you got?... you think Wake will ever play an naia school thats the only way we will ever know

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

If you are speaking of comparing Ansel and Muncy, then im sure anyone on this board after seeing what Ansel did this past year would choose him over your Muncy. The thing is, Ansel proved himself in games against good competition, not the second string and third string of teams like Muncy did. Im also sure that we all would agree that if Ansel didnt put just as much work into basketball with summer leagues and such and actually go to the camps he was invited to for football, he would have had the surplus D-1 offers Muncy has received. He may be smaller than Muncy, but he is much faster, and after seeing him man-handle two 6'8 215+ pound guys in basketball season, I would put big money on Ansel showing up Muncy one-on-one. Just my bit, fighton.

[/ QUOTE ]

how much you got?... you think Wake will ever play an naia school thats the only way we will ever know

[/ QUOTE ]

No we will never know, cause Muncy won't be seeing the field either. Unless he is bringing water out to the guys on a timeout.....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Virginia Tech, UVA, UNC...that makes 3. He also had Marshall, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Coastal Carolina, East Carolina and a few other smaller schools.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubt he received actual offers from all those schools...probably had great interest from all of them but not offers...

[/ QUOTE ]

why are ignorant people such haters?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm neither ignorant nor being a hater, only posting the truth...Ponder did not have scholarship offers from any of those schools except Coastal Carolina...