i remember grundy had a tough team in 1996

zack

[ QUOTE ]

anybody else remember that!

[/ QUOTE ]

Watching that game as a neutral observer it was the first time I ever watched a Salem team that when both teams left the field that I did not feel that Salem was the better team. Quite ironic, with all the close calls Salem had before they finally broke thru and won that first state title. If I remember correctly, Grundy had two turnovers that day, both inside the Salem 10 yard line. One in regulation, and the other in overtime. Salem recovered the first to send it to overtime, and the second to win the game. It was a real battle, probably one of the best defensive games I ever watched.

[ QUOTE ]

The 2004 loss to Va high was another one that you can say "what if".

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember that, my bro played that year, the refs was awful that game. I remember the Grundy-Bluefield (i think it was 2005) Grundy scored a touchdown with no time remaining on the clock and they was down by one, they went for two (i think it was a hb sweep) and didnt get it. I remember last year at East Ridge when Grundy scored a touchdown on a halfback pass under 15 secs in the game to give us the lead.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember that, my bro played that year, the refs was awful that game. I remember the Grundy-Bluefield (i think it was 2005) Grundy scored a touchdown with no time remaining on the clock and they was down by one, they went for two (i think it was a hb sweep) and didnt get it. I remember last year at East Ridge when Grundy scored a touchdown on a halfback pass under 15 secs in the game to give us the lead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluefield defeated Grundy 42-34 in 2005 and 60-7 in 2006. They wasn't a game between the two decided by any less than eight points.

CC is the only game in the past few years that was even close that Grundy has lost...other than that game it's been more than a TD? I'm lost on that one myself..maybe it was a JV game or something.

i still remember the salem players-they used 4 running backs that year with chris stuart,brandon poff and matt anderson and dennis haley was a freshman, who now plays foe the 49ERS.the next week in the state championship gameplayed at now torn down victory stadium,the quarterback for sherando, now a wide out in NFL, THREW A TOUCHDOWN IN SECOND QUARTER TO SEAN BURNS,and then sherando did not score to late in the game.they put 8 men in the box so we had to make short passes now and then eventually winning 20-12.

[ QUOTE ]

i dont remember the year but i remember a Graham-Grundy game that was in Grundy and Graham won in double overtime or triple overtime...that was a great game

2001 and that was one of the best games ive seen in a while.a perfect nite for HS football.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluefield defeated Grundy 42-34 in 2005 and 60-7 in 2006. They wasn't a game between the two decided by any less than eight points.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I could be wrong but I thought i remember that. Even if you go to schedules on here and go to Grundy in 2005 it says the score was 34-32. I thought it was a 1 point game, but like I said i could be wrong cause i was only in the 6th grade I think.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I could be wrong but I thought i remember that. Even if you go to schedules on here and go to Grundy in 2005 it says the score was 34-32. I thought it was a 1 point game, but like I said i could be wrong cause i was only in the 6th grade I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure where you are seeing 34-32 in 2005 because I just checked both Bluefield's and Grundy's page and both say 42-34 in favor of Bluefield in 2005...

http://www.swvafootball.com/Football/Schedules/Grundy.htm

http://www.swvafootball.com/Football/Schedules/Bluefield.htm

Grundy scored very very late in the game to make it 35-34 Bluefield and opted to go for 2 and the lead instead of the extra point to tie. We didnt get it and Bluefield then went on to add a score near the final buzzer. Excellent game all the way up but the game was over after Grundy didnt get the conversion.

[ QUOTE ]

Grundy scored very very late in the game to make it 35-34 Bluefield and opted to go for 2 and the lead instead of the extra point to tie. We didnt get it and Bluefield then went on to add a score near the final buzzer. Excellent game all the way up but the game was over after Grundy didnt get the conversion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember that now...Tigh is right.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember that now...Tigh is right.

[/ QUOTE ]

that was what i was talkin about, i forgot about the late TD