Female seeks to play football for Bluefield...

Bluefield_Rules

I have been waiting for a boy to want to play softball or volleyball. If a girl is entitled to play football, which she is, then a boy should be able to play volleyball or softball if they choose to. It would ruin female athletics but it would be sexual discrimination if not allowed. I read about a boy in New York years ago who sued to be on a girls swimming team because his school did not have a boys team. He won the case and won the state championship that year in girls swimming. It would be interesting to see what would happen if a boy ever tried it.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

not only I, but so was a few of my friends. We felt we could beat the girls on the team, who were actually good, for a starting job. Unfortunately it never really happened, we stuck with soccer and never really pushed the volleyball thing...

I still think we would have won... lol

[ QUOTE ]

I have been waiting for a boy to want to play softball or volleyball. If a girl is entitled to play football, which she is, then a boy should be able to play volleyball or softball if they choose to. It would ruin female athletics but it would be sexual discrimination if not allowed. I read about a boy in New York years ago who sued to be on a girls swimming team because his school did not have a boys team. He won the case and won the state championship that year in girls swimming. It would be interesting to see what would happen if a boy ever tried it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know about a boy being allowed to play softball, because most schools that have a girls softball team would also have a boys baseball team. But if they didnt have a baseball team then I could see that happening.

I would have liked to play volleyball in highschool. I love to play volleyball. Actually I wish we had a badmiton team in HS...that would have been sweet.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you are being serious and not making jokes... The paper said offense guard.. read don't just look at pictures.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with you bulldogs52 my daughter and kayla are very good friends and shes a nice young lady,and i hope people dont start that crap.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you are being serious and not making jokes... The paper said offense guard.. read don't just look at pictures.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with you bulldogs52 my daughter and kayla are very good friends and shes a nice young lady,and i hope people dont start that crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

They won't because it will not be tolerated.

haha alot of people might know jacob singleton he played basketball for carroll but he is really good at volleyball plus he's like 6'3 or 6'4 he always used to kid around about playing but would you really be allowed to do that surely someone would complain right?

this has been done at other schools many times for years and years now...just not much around here. Football is a great game and if she can handle the hits, I say good for her and I think it's a good thing a girl wants to play...especially a 9th grader.

If she's interested and is playing for the right reasons and not because someone is pushing her to do it, she should be fine. There was a set of twin girls a year behind me that played little league football with us and definitely started on the line and owned but their mom pushed them a little hard because she wanted to make some kind of feminist statement and they eventually quit. Had they been left alone and played in high school, who knows, I'm sure they would've done fine.

Hopefully that won't happen in this girl's case.

[ QUOTE ]

How are they going to handle locker room accommodations for her at home and away games? Hope she stays healthy and is not injured.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard a couple of ladies behind me at the scrimmage say that she dresses in the girls lockerroom at the school...now how they handle the away games is another matter.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

How are they going to handle locker room accommodations for her at home and away games? Hope she stays healthy and is not injured.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard a couple of ladies behind me at the scrimmage say that she dresses in the girls lockerroom at the school...now how they handle the away games is another matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe me they will have something for her to be by herself.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe me they will have something for her to be by herself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think that if the staduim is at the high school then I would venture to say that they would let her use the ladies locker room at the school.