Richlands field?

Lance

I heard some idiot has screwed up Richlands field? were they able to get it fixed and is it going to be ready to go by Friday? I hope they find out who did it...that's BS.

But, when I went to watch the Midget League Football Jamboree, all I could see was soccer markings. I had heard that someone had done donuts on the field. If it was true they fixed it before those games! Looks good, although the shade of blue is lighter than what Richlands wears. Still it's very nice!

Tons of rumors going around this season...people messing up fields, players getting arrested, coaches trying to change grades...NONE OF THEM ARE TRUE...

Richlands' field was not messed up, no one did donuts on it. What everone is seeing is where they have brushed in the rubber pellets...it leaves tire tracks with the pellets sitting on the surface until they get worked into the "carpet". Once the pellets settle into the field, no one will see any tracks. This was all discussed two weeks ago on the Big Blue Board...

http://bluetornadofootball.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1218421997

The only way the field has been messed up is by putting down all those stupid soccer lines on a football field...

it could also have been people seeing those "stupid" soccer markings. They seem to be a little different position on the field than on Honakers or I just seen it wrong. Anyway I thought that was bs, but had not been on anyboard or talked to anyone that really knew. Thanks for your clarification!

well cool...glad there was nothing wrong...I haven't been to Richlands lately and people keep saying someone messed up the field...just wondered what the deal was...i figured that would be about typical that someone would try to screw it up.

The field looks great.

Went by the field today after church, field looks fine. Had crew there steam cleaning bleachers on both sides. Expect a big crowd there Friday night if weather is favorable.

The field does look really nice; FieldTurf is certainly the way to go. However, I cannot believe you guys allowed them to put down soccer lines on that beautiful football field. Isn't there a grassy field down there somewhere they could play soccer on?

just wondering because i have not seen it in person yet, are those just lines on the field or is there a seam just outside of the 50 yd line? cant really tell from the pics?

just wondering because i have not seen it in person yet, are those just lines on the field or is there a seam just outside of the 50 yd line? cant really tell from the pics?

Yeah, the mid-filed soccer line doesn't match up with the 50-yard line. It’s because the size of soccer field is obviously bigger than a football field, but for some reason they decided to extend it at one end of the field instead of extending it past both ends of the field. I really wish they would have made it symmetrical. I still think it looks very nice. The new score board is pretty sweet too. Another plus of the new field is that I think the visitors view will be much improved since the hump is gone from the center of the field.

with the hump gone that will be a huge help on the visitors side....i never liked sitting over there...i'd always just go down on the track since you couldn't see anyway...once they get all of the current stuff completed I hope they go after some taller visitors seats.

The mountain in the field helped add many W's in the Richlands history nothing like running a sweep down hill. lol ... I remember back in the late 80's you couldn't see the other teams from the knee down when standing on the sidelines. lol ... I hate to see the old field gone; seems like it takes away from tradition of richlands football. Fake grass just seems to belong in the big city not, here in rural southwest Virginia.

For those of you that attended, what did you think about the Midget League Jamboree? Looking for some feedback.

Thanks,

Brian Mitchell

First one I had been too since I played years ago. It was great to see kids out there playing if they wanted to. If they did'nt the coach just let em set over to the side. I don't know how it normally goes but the officiating was really loose at times especially away from the ball, but that's always gonna be the case. Consecions were crazy you guys need some more vendors there and the PA system needs hooked up. Was this your first Jamboree? If so not a bad job. If it's the fifth still not a bad job. Either way just a few fine tuning things and it's great. Good job.

First one I had been too since I played years ago. It was great to see kids out there playing if they wanted to. If they did'nt the coach just let em set over to the side. I don't know how it normally goes but the officiating was really loose at times especially away from the ball, but that's always gonna be the case. Consecions were crazy you guys need some more vendors there and the PA system needs hooked up. Was this your first Jamboree? If so not a bad job. If it's the fifth still not a bad job. Either way just a few fine tuning things and it's great. Good job.

Thanks WileyX. Coaches pitched in to officiate the games. It was called very loosely due to the fact that all of the games were scrimmages. I thought the concession people did an outstanding job, having said that I know the waiting line was a little long and we will look at ways to improve that in the future. We would have used the PA, but it was not operational (due to work on the field and scoreboard) It was our first jamboree, and not only did every team in every camp participate (24 total teams) we also did team pictures and cheerleader pictures, thanks to Steve Lane. I am happy with it, there are always things to work on. I appreciate that you came out to watch and your input.

Edited by old_school_blue