Score Updates!!!!!

Bulldogs52

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I made the trip over to Grundy today...have to say congrats to the boys...they played their hearts out...that's one thing that I like about this team, they play hard...win or lose they played hard...and they made the most of what they were given...thats all you can ask for...good job and keep it up guys.

Was it them same refs again? Did they get out of Mitchell Stadium in time to go to Princeton and do the eager Beavers in again?

I think they used AOA (Virginia) officials for the graham/beaver game.. I could be wrong though... Just throwin it out there, u can take it in or throw it back haha..

It is a real possibility at this point. I’m not kidding at all. That team was horrible tonight. Couldn’t hold onto the ball, couldn’t throw the ball to the right guys, and couldn’t make a tackle to save their lives. And to beat it all they got every break they could possibly get. All of the calls went their way, and they had missed opportunity after missed opportunity. It was painful to watch. I am really starting to dread the Tazewell, Graham, and Bluefield games. It could be embarrassing.

That's what I always remember about Grundy teams, prior 06, they had more heart than anybody. Some of the most hardnosed football anybody's ever seen. I hope it's true that they're back on track, I look forward for some nasty nasty teams from the swd, best district in the state if you ask me.

Imagine if they had a Tazewell County school.

It is a real possibility at this point. I’m not kidding at all. That team was horrible tonight. Couldn’t hold onto the ball, couldn’t throw the ball to the right guys, and couldn’t make a tackle to save their lives. And to beat it all they got every break they could possibly get. All of the calls went their way, and they had missed opportunity after missed opportunity. It was painful to watch. I am really starting to dread the Tazewell, Graham, and Bluefield games. It could be embarrassing.

Pay backs are a Mother-Trucker!!!!!

ok,tazwell and graham are good so i hear..but wait just a sec my friend..there is a team that might give both of you trouble..the canes keep improving and we do have speed.i'll be waiting to see if we can hold it together next week against the g-men.remember,in the playoffs last yr we kinda pulled it off against the g-men.tazwell scares me the most. richlands might be in for a long season but hey,they been good for a few yrs now.GO CANES

that was last year.this is 2008 with a very much faster Graham G-Men team.i would say its gonna be a long nite for the CANES.

Pay backs are a Mother-Trucker!!!!!

The game hasnt been played yet. I saw a bunch of Tazewell players at the game last night. I hope they took it all in, maybe start overlooking Richlands. I can tell the fans are already getting a little cocky, maybe that will rub off on the team. Would it be an upset if Richlands beats Tazewell?

I guess we will have to wait and see. This is 2008 and the Canes have more speed than last year as well.

Yes, Graham is much improved...but I think the Canes are more dimensional this year...and yes more speed.

I hope to see a high scoring, competitive game.

Graham's offense will be hard to stop, but Graham hasn't shown me that they've been able to stop anybody else's offense yet. We'll see how they do against a somewhat down Blacksburg team.

Would it be an upset if Richlands beats Tazewell?

Thats a good question. I don't think it would be a upset either way. Although Tazewell is a whole lot better than what they was last year and will probelly have a better record than Richlands goin into that game you have to remember Richlands has been to the state title game two years in a row i don't care what there record is.

I can't really give you my opinion on whos better team between Richlands, Graham, and Tazewell because I have not seen any of them played...the only team I have saw in the SWD is Grundy. But from what I have read in the papers and things like that Tazewell got a beast of a team.

The game hasnt been played yet. I saw a bunch of Tazewell players at the game last night. I hope they took it all in, maybe start overlooking Richlands. I can tell the fans are already getting a little cocky, maybe that will rub off on the team. Would it be an upset if Richlands beats Tazewell?

I state a old time saying and that is being cocky? I have not been cocky in anyway!!! I am a true DAWGS fan, through the best and rough times, I am surprised like everyone else with the way Tazewell has fared this year......

i think tazwell fans got somethin to brag about.lol..you guys seem to be pretty good.i'm ready to see sum diff teams go to the playoffs..and i don't mean the first round.things might get interesting in the swd..

Tazewell needs to stay grounded here...they beat GW by 2 and Gate City was coming on strong in the second half...both good wins, but it's not like they are blowing people away here...they have some work to do on the offense still and the defense seems to wear down as the game goes on a little....they are a very good team, but not a powerhouse yet like a few of the Richlands teams that won state a few years back.

The question is...and the challenge for Tazewell that they will be measured by is...how much can you improve from week to week (assuming everyone stays healthy)....Gate City put the ball on the ground a LOT in that game and they were able to take advantage of that...the question is going to be when you get up on a team like Richlands can you stay focused and not make the mistakes that let them hang around long enough to sneak one out at the end...Richlands is FAMOUS for doing just that...even in down years...as a Grundy fan, I have seen Grundy have them beat with just a couple of minutes left and they somehow manage to sneak out with a win...why? Because Grundy lost focus and got wrapped up in what was going on...it happened to Abingdon last year as well. So for me...the next 3 weeks are going to tell the tale for Tazewell...if they can improve from week to week and get to be the team that puts people away when they smell blood...could end up being the best team they have put on the field since 1986.

True lance, but there has not been anyone on these boards but fans since the season started from Tazewell, and there may have been one person being cocky about Tazewell and I dont even know who that person is.... I know most of the Tazewell people that post on here and no one has been cocky....

I state a old time saying and that is being cocky? I have not been cocky in anyway!!! I am a true DAWGS fan, through the best and rough times, I am surprised like everyone else with the way Tazewell has fared this year......

I am very happy for Tazewell and their early success. Sorry for using the word cocky. I don’t think you are being cocky, it just sounded like you were guaranteeing a Tazewell win by saying they would pay Richlands back. I wasn’t trying to call you out or anything. But I am still nervous about that game...it should be interesting.

Hey guys, sounds like the same Tazewell county bickering Rivalry between

the 'Dogs and Tornado! >> What happened in this weeks games? Went to scores,

but didn't see a thing for Tazewell, Graham or Richlands!