Tazewell vs. Richlands!!!

Gym

Who do you have in this one?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you have in this one?

• Tazewell
    • Richlands

Congratulations to the Blues and hats off to the Dawgs they both played a great game. The one issue I have, is the field, it was horrible. Neither team was able to play to their capability with the mud.

Now for a good day if the Sooners beat Texas Tech. Go Bradford!!!

Life has many choices---eternity has two

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A hater from Ghent? Jesus I didn't know anybody lived over there anymore!

Ghent West by God Virginia ??? I would have thought that ol WVURaider would have been out on the Winterplace ski slopes or watching his Mountainyears beat up on Loserville. Just proves...this game had international appeal!

Congratulations to the Blues and hats off to the Dawgs they both played a great game. The one issue I have, is the field, it was horrible. Neither team was able to play to their capability with the mud.

Now for a good day if the Sooners beat Texas Tech. Go Bradford!!!

Life has many choices---eternity has two

Richlands' fans don't have much room to talk when it comes to muddy fields. We have had some pretty muddy ones in the past. Even been accused of watering it down.

Removing the snow was about all they could do with the field. It was frozen solid until about noon then thawed just enough to make it muddy.

The officials were terrible all the way around. Just one of those crews who wanted to make sure everyone knew who's football game it was. When they gave that sideline warning early in the game (which was ridiculous) I knew they were going to be bad all day. I've seen a lot of good officials. And I know some good officials... But that crew today needs to find a new hobby.

Someone said earlier in the week that this game had the makings of a classic. Well you couldn't ask for more than what this game was! It will fall in line with a handful of other games that I will never forget. Neither team deserved to lose. They both left it all on the field!

Removing the snow was about all they could do with the field. It was frozen solid until about noon then thawed just enough to make it muddy.

The officials were terrible all the way around. Just one of those crews who wanted to make sure everyone knew who's football game it was. When they gave that sideline warning early in the game (which was ridiculous) I knew they were going to be bad all day. I've seen a lot of good officials. And I know some good officials... But that crew today needs to find a new hobby.

Someone said earlier in the week that this game had the makings of a classic. Well you couldn't ask for more than what this game was! It will fall in line with a handful of other games that I will never forget. Neither team deserved to lose. They both left it all on the field!

Couldn't agree with you more -- I enjoyed watching this game and really hated to see either team lose -- I live in Tazewell but graduated from Richlands -- so I was torn and would have loved to been able to figure out a way both teams could have made it -- but I am not magical.

As for the officials they were really bad -- the official who had the mic obviously did not know what any penalty was called because everything was either a live ball infraction or a dead ball infraction. I was standing on the goal line on Tazewell's side during overtime and the official down on that corner was too busy talking to a buddy of his he had not seen in several years to call the game -- I really wish that both coaches involved in a game could actually choose the officials -- maybe set down together and go over a list and at the very least mark off the really bad ones.

Tazewell had a very bad crew at Marion -- they were really just too old to make it up and down the field and again we saw bad calles on both sides.

Student-Athletes work too hard and give too much time for their sport for the outcome of a game to be determined by officials. The call at the end of the game was correct - but there were others calls both ways that were outrageously wrong.

Couldn't agree with you more -- I enjoyed watching this game and really hated to see either team lose -- I live in Tazewell but graduated from Richlands -- so I was torn and would have loved to been able to figure out a way both teams could have made it -- but I am not magical.

As for the officials they were really bad -- the official who had the mic obviously did not know what any penalty was called because everything was either a live ball infraction or a dead ball infraction. I was standing on the goal line on Tazewell's side during overtime and the official down on that corner was too busy talking to a buddy of his he had not seen in several years to call the game -- I really wish that both coaches involved in a game could actually choose the officials -- maybe set down together and go over a list and at the very least mark off the really bad ones.

Tazewell had a very bad crew at Marion -- they were really just too old to make it up and down the field and again we saw bad calles on both sides.

Student-Athletes work too hard and give too much time for their sport for the outcome of a game to be determined by officials. The call at the end of the game was correct - but there were others calls both ways that were outrageously wrong.

Good post. I agree with everything you said.

Whats sad is RHS once agains wins based on an Officials call............seems to be a pattern here......

If thats the only way I could win I would quit ..........absolutely sorry as can be........I would hang my head in shame if I had anything to do with this "win"

too bad officials have to call penalties, isn't it?

So, you're saying, if the stripes had NOT of called the procedure penalty, and Tazewell had later won, you would quit, right?

------

Let me clear up some things here...

Nobody seems to remember a penalty on Tazewell that COST Richlands, what, 20 yards, on that re-punt?

Tazewell did NOT miss a field goal ... it was an extra point kick

(and they weren't the only team to miss an XPK today, either).

The refs did NOT cost Tazewell the game ... TAZEWELL did. Sorry to say that, and I know that's going to tick some ppl. off, but it's the truth, so suck it up.

Let's review what happened.

After the TD, confusion. Were they going for 2, or 1? Players scrambling. AT LEAST one player wasn't where he was supposed to be. This wasn't "excessive celebration". This wasn't a phantom pass int. or hold. This wasn't an in-bounds or not guess. This was a PROCEDURE call. NO guessing/judgement required here.... it was cut and dried.

THEN, Tazewell had a choice (again) to go for the tie or the win, and the play failed. (And IF you think the kick was good, look at the WVNS video at the 2:10 mark - I think that'll change your mind).

http://www.boomboxradio.net/boombox/PlayerSetup/Players/WVNSTVPlayer.aspx?FileId=133480_wvnstv

Now, either celebrate your 9-win season (which was, what, 8 more than last year?) and quit complaining, or move to Grundy!

Edited by VHSLhelper

Dude.....its RIchlands.....where class is not taught.....just the win at all costs mentality.....Trust me, they start them that way in Pee wee football

That was a trashy post. Our kids are taught the fundamentals of football. You, my friend, are clueless and do not know what you are talking about. Richlands Midget Football League, Inc., requires all of our coaches to submit to a criminal background check. Does the youth league in Tazewell, NO. Our League conducts a draft to ensure that our teams are evenly matched to eliminate "stacked" teams. Does the youth league in Tazewell, ha ha, far from it my clueless friend. As a matter of fact, our League has not only fed Richlands program in the past, if you take the time to investigate, there are players from numerous schools in SWVA that have learned football in our League. We teach our youth to win with class, and to lose with class. A lesson that you have yet to learn my friend.

I kinda figured things would go this way if Richlands won this game for the past few weeks it has been the normal trash talk but nothing to bad and I started to think well maybe we can have a great game and the loser will lose with some class and that would have happend except Richlands won the game so that means that we have to hear all kinds of crap come from the some of the folks up that way crying about how something got taken away by a ref. Keep this in mind bulldog fans those that are quick to blame others are the ones that are to be blamed.

You talk about class. I had set on the Tazewell side during the game and a man that was standing on the rail talked like he was a little league coach, was cursing aloud about how he could coach the team, with children setting all around.

That was a trashy post. Our kids are taught the fundamentals of football. You, my friend, are clueless and do not know what you are talking about. Richlands Midget Football League, Inc., requires all of our coaches to submit to a criminal background check. Does the youth league in Tazewell, NO. Our League conducts a draft to ensure that our teams are evenly matched to eliminate "stacked" teams. Does the youth league in Tazewell, ha ha, far from it my clueless friend. As a matter of fact, our League has not only fed Richlands program in the past, if you take the time to investigate, there are players from numerous schools in SWVA that have learned football in our League. We teach our youth to win with class, and to lose with class. A lesson that you have yet to learn my friend.

And Richlands little league, HAHA my kids play Tazewell Little League, and played the Richlands Little teams last year, you are far off on what you posted there...... It wasn't the kids, its just how the hell they run things...... As for the reason Tazewell didn't play with them this is pretty funny, why should a team have to turn their plays and cheers into the ring leader to get the approved.... I'm ready for ya to come on back and tell me I know nothing about what I am talking back.... You just need to realize that your no different then the people 16 miles up the road.....

Guys!!!! Both teams played well. Richlands won......stop the silly barbs back and forth and support the SWD next week against Brookville. If u guys really cant settle your differences...I suggest a face to face meeting, I bet the tunes change then!

yes u are right.my son got his start at the age of 5 at richlands because honaker never had the funds or offer football to kids that young at that time .he definetley got an early start thanks to richlands program.now he is a freshmen and had quiet abit of playin time on the varsity team at honaker .i apprecite what they done .he played jv and varsity againt richlands this yr and against some of his former teamates from 10 yrs ago.the only beef i have aginst richlands is some of the men i wrkd with in the early to mid 90s had to run off at the mouth about how richlands was it and honaker was nothin.well ye kno thats got to leave me feelin a little bitter because of some of the fans.good luck to the blues the rest of the way.

I'm from Tazewell and coach at Richlands on the pee-wee level Honaker won the championship this year so how can we coach to win at all cost. That is a stupid post to bring pee-wee football into this. Tazewell played there hearts out today don't make it to any less than that.

Whats sad is RHS once agains wins based on an Officials call............seems to be a pattern here......

If thats the only way I could win I would quit ..........absolutely sorry as can be........I would hang my head in shame if I had anything to do with this "win"

Youll only had 4 penalities the whole game. Back when Taezewell went 1-9 and only beat Richlands by Richlands missing a field goal, you didn't see Richlands blaming the refs and saying, "We'll if they hadnt called this we could have won." Both teams played a hard fought game, that will go down as a classic, and if anything the refs were for Tazewell. If you cant handle the heat, then stay out of the Playoffs.

I didn't expect that many points to be scored in this game or even to go to overtime, Tazewell seemed lost on pass coverage in the first half but came out in the second and made adjustments, which one of them was getting pressure on the QB, he took some hard hits in that game, and we were right by stating that it would be hard for him to run it up the middle with Rhudy there..... Good Luck Richlands next week.

Muncy good luck at Wake next year, there a lots of people on here that say you don't deserve, but I think you may have changed a few of there minds yesterday.. Good Luck Bud.

TJ, may God still bless you in every way, forget that kick and finish your senior year out strong, you have been a blessing to watch over the past 4 years... Good Luck..

Good Luck to the rest of the seniors, in football or in life in general...

To all the underclassmen, you see what hard work in the off season does for you and you guys proved that. Good Luck to all and we will be back next fall.....

The fact is even if we had made that kick and it wasn't negated by the penalty, there is nothing saying that we would have won. As much as I would like to beleive that we got robbed, the fact is the next overtime it could have been a completely different result. We might have missed a field goal and richlands could have won by 6. I hate that it ended that way (more so for Rasnick after the year he has had) but it was a hard fought game and what happened, happened. To all the Dawgs a great season you had and what a miracle season Rasnick had. Best of luck to the Dawgs of next year!

One you are not going to sit there and say that they out hit Richlands we did not fumble and if i do recall there was a hit laid on a player from tazewell that a fumble did happen on. Both teams hit really hard and there is no clear cut winner in that. If you outplayed Richlands then the score would not have been as close as it was be teams were very even. My last thing and probably the biggest thing is how in the world can you say we got out coached you are not going to come on here and say that the coach for tazewell outcoached Mance are ya because i just do not see that ever going to happen if he was going to out coach anyone he should have made sure he had enough players on the field.

In the middle of the game I saw multiple hits that were embarrasing to richlands. when our qb was running, he stiff armed a lineman and got away, I saw a bunch of people getting laid out by our blockers like #9 and #34. and then one man on our line took 2 people down by himself. the only hitting you did was late and unnecessary. and the enough players was a mistake, but im sure that richlands would have gotten away with it because they brought thier refs with them.

In the middle of the game I saw multiple hits that were embarrasing to richlands.

And after the game I have read multiple comments that are embarrassing to Tazewell (such as this one). Stop crying like a little girl and accept the loss.

Richlands beat Tazewell TWICE this season, it isn't like this was some sort of fluke, it happened TWICE!! Richlands was the better team this year, it may be different next season, but get over it for now!!

Edited by BigBlueAlum