Blues @ Bees

old_school_blue

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most don't understand what the flag was for. All that most knew was what came across a hot mic from the official and that was that the dogs only had 10 on the field. While this is not an infraction the fact that Tazewell did not have enough on the line of scrimmage is a penalty. Sad that flag ended the game/season? No sir, simply sad that a game of this quality will only be remembered by a flag(the right call) that negated the first PAT.

I wish that Tazewell would have won and moved on but it didn't happen. Richlands always has a chance to win this game. The defense will hit you and the offense is simple and effecient.

Most don't understand what the flag was for. All that most knew was what came across a hot mic from the official and that was that the dogs only had 10 on the field. While this is not an infraction the fact that Tazewell did not have enough on the line of scrimmage is a penalty. Sad that flag ended the game/season? No sir, simply sad that a game of this quality will only be remembered by a flag(the right call) that negated the first PAT.

I wish that Tazewell would have won and moved on but it didn't happen. Richlands always has a chance to win this game. The defense will hit you and the offense is simple and effecient.

Exactly right. But some think the rules shouldn't apply when there team is trying to win the game.

I heard a funny story yesterday. A guy at work told me that he was talking to some guys from Tazewell and they said the Ref that threw the last flag was from Richlands and that is why he did it. :rolleyes:

Everyone seems to forget the flag that was "waved off" after a meeting of the minds after Tazewell's 2nd or 3rd down play. But the Refs were doing a good job at that point....riiiight...

Edited by BigBlueAlum

It was very sad and unfortunate...but still a legitimate call...if it hadn't of been called then their would be reason to complain.

Those of us old enough to remember the hose job we received against Virginia High way back in the '87 playoffs can chalk this one up to karma.

I am favoring the Region IV Champs in this one. Experience is hard to beat!

I will go with Richlands 28-20 in this game. Experience will be the difference in this game and the bees know the blues can beat them. Good luck tornados get another ring!

And I'm favoring the Region III champs in this one. Solid talent and solid coaching are impossible to beat.

Brookville by 21+

Are you kidding me? You must be thinking of the other game Saturday the Hokies will win by 21!

Are you kidding me? You must be thinking of the other game Saturday the Hokies will win by 21!

Uh, no, I'm not kidding. It's going to take a LOT more than that 28-27 (OT) performance to keep it close this weekend.

Were it legal to bet on this stuff, I'd take Brookville -20.5 all day long.

And if you're wanting to stir up crap about college football, take it to the other board.

The call was correct, the ref just could not relay to the fans what the call was. We did only have 6 on the line and that was a penality.

If we had a good coach that penality would have never happened. Blame the confussion and not having the right players on the field and in position on the coach.

Whichever coach made that mistake ought to step up and apologize to the team and the fans for maybe costing the Dogs the game.

The call was correct, the ref just could not relay to the fans what the call was. We did only have 6 on the line and that was a penality.

If we had a good coach that penality would have never happened. Blame the confussion and not having the right players on the field and in position on the coach.

Whichever coach made that mistake ought to step up and apologize to the team and the fans for maybe costing the Dogs the game.

Get over it! If he would have gone for 2 and got it you guys would be talking about how great he is. Just jump on board with the Blues this week as they represent the SWD. You guys had a good season.

Uh, no, I'm not kidding. It's going to take a LOT more than that 28-27 (OT) performance to keep it close this weekend.

Were it legal to bet on this stuff, I'd take Brookville -20.5 all day long.

And if you're wanting to stir up crap about college football, take it to the other board.

I guess that a nerve was struck with the Hokies comment. Listen last year, all I heard was how great Brookeville was and they came to Richlands and didn't fare so well. That's why they play the game. By the way, I hope uva can score at least 1 td this weekend.

And I'm favoring the Region III champs in this one. Solid talent and solid coaching are impossible to beat.

Brookville by 21+

Solid coaching??...you have been in PA way too long if you are questioning Richlands coaching.;) They may very well get blown out of the water next week, but you have to admit they do have one of the better coaching staffs in the state in Div. 3.

But Brookville hasent slipped all year,and are playing like a well oiled machine in overdrive.i hope richlands can perform some miracle.the will be the underdogs in this one.my heart says richlands 45-0 but my brain says brookville 31-13.good luck blues.and win or lose you guys had a great season.

Who was the player on the field in charge of counting the players, I believe that is one of thems responsibility isn't it.

Edited by mrb

Guest nameuser
Who was the player on the field in charge of counting the players, I believe that is one of thems responsibility isn't it.

the worst part of it for Tazewell is that they brought off two players, then sent one back on the field, I don't even think it was one of the two that came off, he got on the field and started looking at where to line up, as the rest of the team was in formation, he turned around and looked at the coach and the coach waved to him to come off the field, which he did. IMHO the difference here was just the inexperience of players and coaches who just hadn't been in this type of situation before. It happens, it's just the difference in having been there before or not. Tazewell should not be ashamed, they played a hard fought game as well as Richlands. Both teams should be proud of themselves for representing Tazewell county with such determination. Even if the kick had been made, they would have had to do it all over again. Richlands had the experience and that is what made the difference.

Get over it! If he would have gone for 2 and got it you guys would be talking about how great he is. Just jump on board with the Blues this week as they represent the SWD. You guys had a good season.

If he would have went for 2 and won, you still wont catch me saying he's great. He's predictable and has no creativity when it come to offense. He makes almost no adjustment during a game and I think there was about 2 new plays added to the offense from the beginning of the season until the end.

Tazewell has more talent on there team than Richlands but Richland has the best coaching staff by far!!!!!! And great coaching with decent talent will take you further than medioaker coaching and great talent, Saturday is proof of that.

I wish RHS the best Saturday, I hope they win!!! Mance knows how to prepare for a game and he know how to adjust play by play. His record and all the trips to Lyncyburg speak for that.

Not throwing blame around here, just posting what I saw...

Wyatt was holding up two fingers after the TD. After several seconds went by he then signaled for the kicking team. This is when the 11th player, or who would have been the 7th man on the line of scrimmage, came running off the field. I remember at that point asking the person next to me if Tazewell had only 10 men on the field.

I believe Wyatt said in one of the newspaper stories that he was going for two but realized he didn't have any timeouts left and changed his mind.