Tommy Tuberville is available...

fieldgeneral

This goes under the "WTF" is Auburn thinking category. Tuberville did more at Auburn than 99% of the coaches they've had there. And you're going to fire him after one bad season, did I miss something? Some program will be thanking Auburn for their boneheaded decision for years to come.

This goes under the "WTF" is Auburn thinking category. Tuberville did more at Auburn than 99% of the coaches they've had there. And you're going to fire him after one bad season? Did I miss something? Some program will be thanking Auburn for their boneheaded decision for years to come.

Let it be UVA. If Craig Littlepage had a sensible bone in his head, he's on the phone to Tuberville IMMEDIATELY. I'd go up to $4M/season. I truly would.

This is what happens when you lose to Alabama. Dumb, dumb, dumb move by Auburn.

That's the problem with Auburn. As long as they go 8-4 or 9-3 and beat Bama, their fans and alumni are happy. Tubs is a good coach, and he will land on his feet. Auburn has made a huge mistake.

I'm anxious to see where he ends up. He's a good coach and as much as I'd like to see him go somewhere to start from scratch, such as Syracuse or Washington, I don't want that disrespect of going there to come his way. All of us know that a coach with his profile going to schools like those mentioned would only present problems, as fans, alumni, spectators from across the country would be all over him if there wasn't instant success.

The real shame is that Auburn has never shown Tuberville the love he deserved. Don't forget that the AD and boosters met with Bobby Petrino on a provate jet jsut a few years ago plotting to get rid of him. All he does is win.

The real shame is that Auburn has never shown Tuberville the love he deserved. Don't forget that the AD and boosters met with Bobby Petrino on a provate jet jsut a few years ago plotting to get rid of him. All he does is win.

Bobby Petrino? What a joke. If Auburn fired Tuberville to hire the overhyped, overrated Petrino it'll be the dumbest move in sports since the Sox traded the Babe to the Yanks.

Well....it is about time for Petrino to move again. I don't think Auburn will go down that road again in trying to hire Petrino. It was a fiasco for the President and AD of Auburn that eventually was one of the factors, I believe, that had them eventually seeking employment elsewhere.

The local sports talk shows are saying the Miss ST. job could be the next move for Tuberville.

Bobby Petrino? What a joke. If Auburn fired Tuberville to hire the overhyped, overrated Petrino it'll be the dumbest move in sports since the Sox traded the Babe to the Yanks.

apparently Petrino's contract says that he can't go to another SEC school in the same division. I would look for Texas Tech's Leach to go. Some Tiger folks have already been in contact with Leach and I believe that he was in Washington for an Interview already.

I would look for Texas Tech's Leach to go. Some Tiger folks have already been in contact with Leach and I believe that he was in Washington for an Interview already.

I don't think Leach would leave TT to go to Auburn. Heck, he's got that situation in TX. Texas is the big dog....w/TT playing behind the Longhorns for fan appeal; would be the same situation in AL. The Tide is the big dog there now (w/Saban and his recruiting capabilities) and he would just be trading the state of TX for the state of AL IMO.

As far as the Washington job, rumor is that Jim Mora Jr has a desire for the job though he is supposed to be in line for the Seahawks HC job after Holmgren. His (Mora) stating the desire to be the HC at Washington someday while he was still the HC with the ATL Falcons did not set favorably with Arthur Blank. Thus the wheels were set in motion with other events for Mora's departure from ATL.

Edited by trublue

This goes under the "WTF" is Auburn thinking category. Tuberville did more at Auburn than 99% of the coaches they've had there. And you're going to fire him after one bad season, did I miss something? Some program will be thanking Auburn for their boneheaded decision for years to come.

Who said he was fired? He resigned his position.

Who said he was fired? He resigned his position.

Whether Tuberville was technically "fired" or not, he was definitely feeling the heat from the Auburn administration. I haven't researched any articles but I think he has been quoted in saying that he didn't feel welcome there anymore.

Well....it is about time for Petrino to move again. I don't think Auburn will go down that road again in trying to hire Petrino. It was a fiasco for the President and AD of Auburn that eventually was one of the factors, I believe, that had them eventually seeking employment elsewhere.

The local sports talk shows are saying the Miss ST. job could be the next move for Tuberville.

petrino shouldve stayed in louisville