Student Behavior at RHS/THS game

8ball

I haven't seen any besides the Mafia at RHS. Those guys are fun to watch and the games wouldnt be the same without them. The student section has been strong at RHS since the late and great Rife's Raiders. Richlands' teams may not be the best but their student section certainly is. So keep talking smack about them because you know what, THEY CAN'T HEAR YOU because you are scared that there fearless leader will hunt you down and gangbang you.

haha wow that was a little homo hahaha but whatever

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only time I think they got out of line was at the cc game when the cc players were announced and they said you suck that was a personal attack. I think somebody said something to them and they didn't do it at this game.

In fact, I recall a definitive display of "student behavior" at Tazewell one year in which a certain Bulldog cager offered us the one-fingered salute during a free throw.

Probably was well deserved...lol

In fact, I recall a definitive display of "student behavior" at Tazewell one year in which a certain Bulldog cager offered us the one-fingered salute during a free throw.

I can definately believe that, cant say thought i havent thought about the same thing the past couple years haha

Most of you will be too young to remember this, but back in the mid 1960's there was a chant that was birthed at basketball games that created quite a stir. I attended R.B. Worthy High School in Saltville, Va, and at the time played on the J.V. basketball team for the R.B. Worthy Shakers. (I moved to Richlands in my sophomore year). That's right, we were called the Saltville Shakers. Our game was over, and our J.V. team had dressed and we were sitting in the stands. This happened during the District 6 Championship game. Every time someone got fouled on the opposing team, our group would point at the player committing the foul and yell "YOU, YOU, YOU, YOU ,YOU, YOU, YOU, YOU, YOU!!!" I know this would be mild by today's standards, but at the time we were considered poor sports for doing this. I just remember at the time this was the most fun I had ever had with my clothes on!

By the way, Saltville varsity went 16-2 that year (1966), and won the District 6 championship. They scored over 100 points twice during the regular season, both times against Holston. 107-34, and 119-47. The two games they lost...both to Richlands, my future alma mater.

Edited by blueinbama

honestly i dont see what the big deal is, it happens in ever sport not just basketball...about 3 years ago when i was at a football game between Richlands and Tazewell guys from tazewell had some bad saying painted on their chests and next monday at school they all got introube for it. Same thing went on with Graham against tazwell last few years at the soccer games. I dont see the big deal its a way to support the team or poke fun at the other team, its all just for fun

Richlands has the best fans in the district hands down they could be o and whatever and their fans would still be there supporting them but graham if they have a bad season theyd be lucky to get support from the cheerleaders sad but true

The only time I think they got out of line was at the cc game when the cc players were announced and they said you suck that was a personal attack. I think somebody said something to them and they didn't do it at this game.

I thought it was pretty funny but if that is a personal attack i guess they can't do the h-o-m-o you can't make a free throw chant anymore?

Richlands has the best fans in the district hands down they could be o and whatever and their fans would still be there supporting them but graham if they have a bad season theyd be lucky to get support from the cheerleaders sad but true

ya kind of like last year when the girls games had 2 to 3 times as many fans as the guys

• 2 weeks later...