Israeli-Gaza War

MavsRock

I hope people are paying attention to this situation and not being fooled by the press. This is a matchbox in a room full of gunpowder and it's something the new President will have to deal with. As per typical, we've got a terrorist organization in Hamas putting it's own people in harm's way to make them look like the victims of the big bad Israeli's.

Israel's being crucified in the press for attacking schools and hospitals where rockets are being fired from. Hamas is like a gunman with a baby strapped to their chest, breaking into your home and firing on your family. Painfull as it may be, you're going to have to shoot back at this guy to protect yourself and loved ones, this is exactly the situation Israel's in.

Those of us who've studied what the Bible has to say on this know that 1 major reason the U.S. has been blessed like never before in the last 60 years is our support of the Israelis. When I hear about Pres. Bush not "allowing" them to attack Iran last year, I get concerned. In case anyone didn't notice, 2008 wasn't exactly a banner year for this country. God-willing some of the concerns about Obama not supporting Isreal are not true, unfortunatly, the answer to that question may have to come sooner than later.

i hope people are paying attention to this situation and not being fooled by the press. This is a matchbox in a room full of gunpowder and it's something the new president will have to deal with. As per typical, we've got a terrorist organization in hamas putting it's own people in harm's way to make them look like the victims of the big bad israeli's.

Israel's being crucified in the press for attacking schools and hospitals where rockets are being fired from. Hamas is like a gunman with a baby strapped to their chest, breaking into your home and firing on your family. Painfull as it may be, you're going to have to shoot back at this guy to protect yourself and loved ones, this is exactly the situation israel's in.

Those of us who've studied what the bible has to say on this know that 1 major reason the u.s. Has been blessed like never before in the last 60 years is our support of the israelis. When i hear about pres. Bush not "allowing" them to attack iran last year, i get concerned. In case anyone didn't notice, 2008 wasn't exactly a banner year for this country. God-willing some of the concerns about obama not supporting isreal are not true, unfortunatly, the answer to that question may have to come sooner than later.

hope everyone is ready, because every thing is unfolding like the book says it will........

I hope people are paying attention to this situation and not being fooled by the press. This is a matchbox in a room full of gunpowder and it's something the new President will have to deal with. As per typical, we've got a terrorist organization in Hamas putting it's own people in harm's way to make them look like the victims of the big bad Israeli's.

Israel's being crucified in the press for attacking schools and hospitals where rockets are being fired from. Hamas is like a gunman with a baby strapped to their chest, breaking into your home and firing on your family. Painfull as it may be, you're going to have to shoot back at this guy to protect yourself and loved ones, this is exactly the situation Israel's in.

Those of us who've studied what the Bible has to say on this know that 1 major reason the U.S. has been blessed like never before in the last 60 years is our support of the Israelis. When I hear about Pres. Bush not "allowing" them to attack Iran last year, I get concerned. In case anyone didn't notice, 2008 wasn't exactly a banner year for this country. God-willing some of the concerns about Obama not supporting Isreal are not true, unfortunatly, the answer to that question may have to come sooner than later.

is bush not allowing them to attack iran a bad thing though? i mean that would not just put israel into war but also us and if iran possibly has nuclear (or nuklar weapons) i don't think they'd be afraid to use them.

is bush not allowing them to attack iran a bad thing though? i mean that would not just put israel into war but also us and if iran possibly has nuclear (or nuklar weapons) i don't think they'd be afraid to use them.

in my opinion absolutely, the only way it isn't would be if he's planning on having the u.s. do something about it before the 20th, I simply doubt it's even a thought, otherwise, someone has to, and I agree they won't be afraid to use them, they're terrorist, they kill as many people as possible whenever possible, there's not any reason to think they wouldn't use the biggest weapon they had.

That isn't a situation that's going to end without either a big attack on iran and a bigger war afterwards or a nuclear disaster in Israel with a possible world war afterwads as a result of the fallout in the middle east. Bush likely considers his time to short to concern himself with such a big matter, obama likely wishes bush or someone would so he won't have it looming over him himself.

Edited by buzzsawBeaver

I got a feeling once Bush steps out of the Oval Office, all hell is going to break loose in the Middle East...consider Gaza a "scrimmage game"...

As much as I hate to agree with the G-man, he's 100 percent correct. Get ready boys!

Nowhere in the Bible does it say the word "rapture." I found that out in a Bible study a while back when someone asked "How will the world end?" and the someone in the room, not the intructor, rudely followed with "The Rapture..it says so." Only he was corrected soon after his mistake by the actual instructor, who pointed out that he doesn't exactly know where the term "rapture" was coined, but it does not say it in the good book.

Not trying to make any arguments...just throwing this out there.

Nowhere in the Bible does it say the word "rapture." I found that out in a Bible study a while back when someone asked "How will the world end?" and the someone in the room, not the intructor, rudely followed with "The Rapture..it says so." Only he was corrected soon after his mistake by the actual instructor, who pointed out that he doesn't exactly know where the term "rapture" was coined, but it does not say it in the good book.

Not trying to make any arguments...just throwing this out there.

Rapture....is a translation of the latin word rapturo/raeptius.....which is a translation of the greek word harpazo ......"caught up" used by Paul in 1 Thess 4:17.

Jerome's latin Vulgate text (a translation of the Hebrew OT and Greek NT) in the early 400's was the main Bible of the medieval western church until the Reformation. It continues to this day as the primary latin translation of the Roman Catholic Church.

The word rapture is not found in the King James Bible but the words "caught up" used in above referenced scripture ....come from a latin word ...translated from a Koine Greek word ....harpazo (snatched up, taken away, to seize).

I got a feeling once Bush steps out of the Oval Office, all hell is going to break loose in the Middle East...consider Gaza a "scrimmage game"...

because Obama is worse than Bush? We've overstayed our "welcome" in the middle east. It's time for us to come home regroup rebuild and be ready to prevent and protect. Iran, North Korea, and a slew of other places with terrorist like activity is going to have to be under a watchful eye for years to come. We need to take the warning signs and act then not after it happens.....thanks Bush.

I too get sick and tired of this the world is ending crap. Noone knows. People have said many dates and they have past, now there is another one. Someone is bound to get it right eventually.

You want RAPTURE, here's RAPTURE...and I'm positive this isn't in the Bible...

that may be your opinion...but to me it's when the skies will open and a trumpet will sound and the Lord will come back

Guest BEAVERTAIL

First off, Bush did not know about 9/11. At that time the CIA wasnt allowed to talk to the FBI, and the CIA or FBI, both had information and couldnt talk to the other. Maybe if they did, lives would have been saved. But that was Pannetta's, Obama's appointed CIA leader and Clinton's policy. You blaming it on Bush after just months after joining office is rediculous. Bush got rid of that policy.

Bush has led the next 7 years without a terrorist attack. His pollicies however, are being taken down because the liberal left is against the Patriot act and so on. All the time US Homeland security officials are picking up terrorist talks and actions. No one can deny that. Look, you have right to bash Bush for some things, NCLB, economy, but not this.

Now here is the scary part. Obama is probably getting rid of the all the new policies Bush has put in to prevent against terrorist attacks. They are even considering taking Bush to trial for his invasive strategies such as waterboarding, interrogations, and Gitmo. Guantanomo Bay, a prison for terrorists, has already been said to be shut down by Obama.

Im all for Obama succeeding, but he is already putting all of his chips on the table. One thing Bush has done is keep this country safe after 9/11. And by Obama taking away all his policies that have kept us safe, the next terrorist strike, if it happens inside the USA, will scar his Presidency forever.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Oh, and the Bible says no one will know when Jesus Christ is coming and the end of the world...

Edited by BEAVERTAIL

because Obama is worse than Bush? We've overstayed our "welcome" in the middle east. It's time for us to come home regroup rebuild and be ready to prevent and protect. Iran, North Korea, and a slew of other places with terrorist like activity is going to have to be under a watchful eye for years to come. We need to take the warning signs and act then not after it happens.....thanks Bush.

I too get sick and tired of this the world is ending crap. Noone knows. People have said many dates and they have past, now there is another one. Someone is bound to get it right eventually.

No, becasue the Israelis have wanted to rip a new one in the Palestinians and Muslims for a long time...and I think they will take the attitude "no better time than the present" once Bush leaves office. Knowing Obama is in favor of a US troop withdrawl from that part of the world, escalating the "war" will more or less force a continued US presence in the Middle East.

No, becasue the Israelis have wanted to rip a new one in the Palestinians and Muslims for a long time...and I think they will take the attitude "no better time than the present" once Bush leaves office. Knowing Obama is in favor of a US troop withdrawl from that part of the world, escalating the "war" will more or less force a continued US presence in the Middle East.

that I jumped the gun on your thought. Your scenario is very possible. I get sick and tired of this crap in the middle east. People can't handle other religions influencing thier people. I guess I am spoiled by the melting pot that we live in here. I just can't stand religious fighting. It's been around for ages I know, I just think that being tolerant and coexisting is a lot better than being an extremist and blowing S&*$ up.

Oh, and the Bible says no one will no when Jesus Christ is coming and the end of the world...

That is why we are supposed to be "ready." If I sat here and worried about it, I would have an awful life. This crap about are you ready , it's near is crazy. It's been "near" for years and years. Just be the best person you can be and you have no need to worry about a thing, whether you are a religious person or not.

Because historically the democrats, particularly liberals, are very weak in terms of foregin policy, it isn't time to exit the middle east either, we have a strong military foothold in the middle of a region that is vital to world peace and the u.s. interests in oil. China or russia would overwhelmingly be for having the middle east and it's resources to themselves, you think it's an area that the U.S. can afford to ignore?

thanks Bush? Unfortunately clinton ignored osama and al queda's increasing threats all throughout the '90s, even ignoring a direct attack on a u.s. warship, the u.s.s. cole, that claimed the lives of around 17 sailors. Their final act before the war on terror started, 911, only happened 8 months into Bush's 1st term, he hardly had anything to do with it..

"First off, Bush did not know about 9/11. At that time the CIA wasnt allowed to talk to the FBI, and the CIA or FBI, both had information and couldnt talk to the other."

Which has been a huge problem for the U.S. national security for decades because there are so many different agencies that are charged with different types and areas of intel gathering.

The FBI, U.S. military intelligence, department of alcohol tobacco and firearms, secret service, U.S. marshal service, State police, ect., all collecet intell in different ways and from different areas, and as beavertail wrote, hardly any share or are able to share their info they gather with any of the others. It would be like having 10 detectives out working on 1 big crime and none of them permitted to share any evidence or info they gather with anyone else.

The other even bigger problem before with U.S. intel before 911 was that 90% of the resources of intelligence gathering combined went to gathering the intel, only 10% of the resources actually went to interpreting or reading the intel.

Combine all that and you have very poor intel gathering by 1 of the world's greatest superpowers, government at it's best.

A lot of people complain about the efforts Bush put into the deparment of homeland security, but these are exactly the type of issues it is intended to overcome, another reason so many ignorant have bashed bush yet it's been just that, in ignorance. The department of homeland security is far from without flaws, especially in it's early stages, but it's a big step up from the intelligence community that was full or holes that the U.S. had leading up to 9 11.

"First off, Bush did not know about 9/11. At that time the CIA wasnt allowed to talk to the FBI, and the CIA or FBI, both had information and couldnt talk to the other."

Which has been a huge problem for the U.S. national security for decades because there are so many different agencies that are charged with different types and areas of intel gathering.

The FBI, U.S. military intelligence, department of alcohol tobacco and firearms, secret service, U.S. marshal service, State police, ect., all collecet intell in different ways and from different areas, and as beavertail wrote, hardly any share or are able to share their info they gather with any of the others. It would be like having 10 detectives out working on 1 big crime and none of them permitted to share any evidence or info they gather with anyone else.

The other even bigger problem before with U.S. intel before 911 was that 90% of the resources of intelligence gathering combined went to gathering the intel, only 10% of the resources actually went to interpreting or reading the intel.

Combine all that and you have very poor intel gathering by 1 of the world's greatest superpowers, government at it's best.

A lot of people complain about the efforts Bush put into the deparment of homeland security, but these are exactly the type of issues it is intended to overcome, another reason so many ignorant have bashed bush yet it's been just that, in ignorance. The department of homeland security is far from without flaws, especially in it's early stages, but it's a big step up from the intelligence community that was full or holes that the U.S. had leading up to 9 11.

Bush did recieve info that there were credible threats to our country well before it took place and he was also aware of the ones that were made while Clinton was pres. The only reason communication or lack thereof was the problem is because both FBI and CIA were told to back off any investigations into the Saudis and key members of Bin Ladens family. Sure we screwed up there. Watch Farenheit 9-11 I know it's a one sided movie, but some things are what they are.

Bush did recieve info that there were credible threats to our country well before it took place and he was also aware of the ones that were made while Clinton was pres. The only reason communication or lack thereof was the problem is because both FBI and CIA were told to back off any investigations into the Saudis and key members of Bin Ladens family. Sure we screwed up there. Watch Farenheit 9-11 I know it's a one sided movie, but some things are what they are.

You had my attention until I read the last sentence and then it lost all credibility. It's truly sad that some people believe Michael Moore's propaganda.