Old area football helmets

hogo_sportz

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://helmethistory.tumblr.com/post/8522645918/grundy

I brightened it up a bit. About as yellow as I can get it without it becoming orangish.

i think you are going to have to go more orange then...lol....oddly enough, there is a star to the left on that page to return to the home page that is about the correct color lol....go figure.

Bruce Evans copied Penn States uniforms

Thats cool, man. Who is Bruce Evans? What school?

i think you are going to have to go more orange then...lol....oddly enough, there is a star to the left on that page to return to the home page that is about the correct color lol....go figure.

Fair enough

how now brown cow?

http://helmethistory.tumblr.com/post/8522645918/grundy

I also fooled around with making concepts for the whole Southwest District for kicks..

http://helmethistory.tumblr.com/post/8560688956/southwest-concepts

Personally I dont like te ones for Abingdon or Richlands but the others are nice, espicially Tazewell.

A tornado is a freaking hard mascot to design, although I do like Elizabethtons Cyclone.

I think Abingdon would look good w/ something like what Auburn(HS) uses now but still w/ the A they currently use and a more "swept" looking wing.

JMO

Edited by redtiger

Personally I dont like te ones for Abingdon or Richlands but the others are nice, espicially Tazewell.

A tornado is a freaking hard mascot to design, although I do like Elizabethtons Cyclone.

I think Abingdon would look good w/ something like what Auburn(HS) uses now but still w/ the A they currently use and a more "swept" looking wing.

JMO

Thats fine.

They took me about 2 minutes each while I was waiting on the pizza guy. Wasn't trying to change the world or anything. I sent you an email the other day, btw.

Here is what Tazewell used while Hart was there. Although I do not remember exactly what year Hart started. The 2003 helmet still had the green shell with a white stripe.

Does that 2002 helmet say "Dogs" "Dawgs" or "Bulldogs" lol I can't tell.

Thanks

its still got a metallic gold look to it...the one i have is flat and is kinda closer to the color of Tang lol. It's a flat bright yellow with some orange to it.

LOL...

If you get time, point me toward a helmet on MGHelmets.com that has a similar yellow. I clearly fail at yellow.

LOL...

If you get time, point me toward a helmet on MGHelmets.com that has a similar yellow. I clearly fail at yellow.

i dont see one that isnt metallic...even the old green bay helmets look metallic.

Of the 4 other Narrows helmets I've ever known of, I might be able to describe one in a way you could reproduce.

I think it began being used in the 50's and was used thru '87 (the last year Narrows was AA). Gold helmet with gray facemask. Green and white stripes like the Green Bay Packers. The logo was a white N with a green backdrop but the N in the middle was of the same font as Radford's R. The green used in the stripes and logo background was the dark green like the Packers also.

The other 3 I'll have to dig up photo's of.

Thanks for the good work.

Edited by SW_VA_boy

Of the 4 other Narrows helmets I've ever known of, I might be able to describe one in a way you could reproduce.

I think it began being used in the 50's and was used thru '87 (the last year Narrows was AA). Gold helmet with gray facemask. Green and white stripes like the Green Bay Packers. The logo was a white N with a green backdrop but the N in the middle was of the same font as Radford's R. The green used in the stripes and logo background was the dark green like the Packers also.

The other 3 I'll have to dig up photo's of.

Thanks for the good work.

What do you mean by "green backdrop"? Like the white N had green trim around it?

You've got the basic idea down... missing the stripes down the middle of the helmet and the N isn't exactly right but you're on the right track... Probably would help if I could find a photo somewhere (which I don't possess).

i think back in 2004-2005 Twin Valley's helmets was just like the 02 setup but with the black TV logo. i could be wrong though

What does the "TV" logo look like?

You've got the basic idea down... missing the stripes down the middle of the helmet and the N isn't exactly right but you're on the right track... Probably would help if I could find a photo somewhere (which I don't possess).

Ah, yeah sorry. I tried. Find me a pic and I'd love to post it up!