Will Graham field a football team this year??

futbolking

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The days of 60 or 70 players at graham are long gone. That left with carlock.

What a great coach and man he was.

But them being a 4th or 5th place team in the swd is ridiculous. Have they ever even finished that low???? Ever??

But them being a 4th or 5th place team in the swd is ridiculous. Have they ever even finished that low???? Ever??

Have they ever finished that low? I'm sure of it

Guest zeus71
Or will it be like baseball, and barely have enough for a varsity squad?

What happened to the days of 60 to 70 players coming out?

Will Marion be able to field a team this year without the most over rated lineman in the southwest district? I'd say they'll be fine.

Graham will never see the days of 60-70 players coming out for football, i hate to say this but Graham High School football is dead, and i believe that if Glenn Carlock were still around that the numbers of players would have never decreased. When even your coaches don't want to be in the program then its hard to get kids to play for you.

I went to Graham in the early/mid 80's and I don't recall them having 60-70 players. Also, Graham had some down years even when Carlock was there. There are only 495 kids at Graham now. Plus, there are a lot more things for kids to do these days. I'm not sure putting the blame for the low numbers on Coach Marrs is fair. Maybe if more people would put there support into the program it could get back to it's "glory" days.

I went to Graham in the early/mid 80's and I don't recall them having 60-70 players. Also, Graham had some down years even when Carlock was there. There are only 495 kids at Graham now. Plus, there are a lot more things for kids to do these days. I'm not sure putting the blame for the low numbers on Coach Marrs is fair. Maybe if more people would put there support into the program it could get back to it's "glory" days.

Yes, it is fair. And it is also accurate. The student population has been as low as 423 this decade, so actually the numbers are up a little. As for the support, well I can tell you first hand in the beginning he had the full support of this town. It is his own fault that he doesn't now. The erosion of the Graham program started in 2006, and is dying a slow death. It is no accident.

The Carlock-Pruitt Foundation debacle was the beginning of the end...that created a huge split between the supporters and the non-supporters...things won't get back to the "old way" until those two sides can come together as one again...

Is Graham losing students (players) to Bluefield now. With the sucsess that program is having.

Only one for football that I know of so far...and he played a position where he would have been underutilized at Graham...

Is Graham losing students (players) to Bluefield now. With the sucsess that program is having.

yes i might have to go to bluefield b/c i live in bluefield WV

it said in the paper a couple weeks ago that if you live in B-field WV you can only stay in the graham schools if you have been going to graham since 1st grade

my dad talked to a guy on the school board and he said i should be fine even though ive been in graham schools since 4th grade

graham is supposidly getting 165 freshman nxt year which is huge so the possibilities for me moving back are higher

why are you so worried about graham? leave them alone, they are about a 4th/5th place tem this year. who cares?

Why are you worried about why I'm worried about Graham? this is a discussion board, I'm discussing stuff...

Edited by futbolking

Line should be fine...I heard they don't have any running backs (with any experience)

im pretty sure the only good lineman will be darius carper

dom lane got in trouble and cant even go to graham anymore

kyle harris might go to bluefield or graham nxt year, who knows

there is tanner howell and zach mikel but they were more of a FB then RB

there is an upcoming sophmore Aderrius Jackson who is most likely gonna see the RB position

most likely more handoffs will be going to tanner and zack more than 65% of the time

Yep, during the 87-88 season.

Grundy, Richlands and Tazewell all tied for 1st in District.

there is an upcoming sophmore Aderrius Jackson who is most likely gonna see the RB position

most likely more handoffs will be going to tanner and zack more than 65% of the time

This is going to be a very very very long year for Graham