Graham vs. Bluefield...PREDICTION THREAD...

GMan

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bluefield 28

Graham 21

This game is rarely about who has more talent...it's who is better prepared, and who manages to escape the wrath of the guys in the striped shirts. As it is, with few exceptions, it tends to be really close.

Normally so! But I don't see it happening this year, I see the Beavers winning big time 42-7..

In '08 not that I recall at all, bluefield had graduated their line and everyone knew graham had a bigger line and some speed at the skill positions. A few seasons ago, '06 maybe, a lot of people were confident in a bluefield victory however.

didnt everyone count out Graham last year too?

Yep, I'm not going to count them out...I don't think Bluefield is as good as everybody is expecting this year.

I'm very concerned about Graham's defense, however. Hope they have improved a heck of a lot since last week.

didnt everyone count out Graham last year too?

Yeah they did and I predicted Graham to win last year! After all the hype of the O-line.... But then as the season went along, it showed on the field that the players didn't even wanna be out there!!! And I don't see how they have changed that it in this off season, especially after how every one was wanting rid of the coach and all the Drama!

Edited by Bulldogs52

Yeah they did and I predicted Graham to win last year! After all the hype of the O-line.... But then as the season went along, it showed on the field that the players didn't even wanna be out there!!! And I don't see how they have changed that it in this off season, especially after how every one was wanting rid of the coach and all the Drama!

ALL that changed when they graduated

Some of these predictions are off-the-wall and crazy. This is Beaver/Graham, so much more than talent plays into the final outcome. Honestly, from my P.O.V. this series usually doesn't come down to whose more talented or better, but to whose more mentally able to handle the hype, adjustments, and flow of the game. Bluefield got up two touchdowns last year, but Graham refused to die and fought back to take the 25-16 lead late in the game. Bluefield then fought back within two and marched over 90-yards on the final drive and we know how it ended. Neither team is going to quit and very rarely are the games lopsided. I expect Bluefield to win, but I don't expect a route.

Some of these predictions are off-the-wall and crazy. This is Beaver/Graham, so much more than talent plays into the final outcome. Honestly, from my P.O.V. this series usually doesn't come down to whose more talented or better, but to whose more mentally able to handle the hype, adjustments, and flow of the game. Bluefield got up two touchdowns last year, but Graham refused to die and fought back to take the 25-16 lead late in the game. Bluefield then fought back within two and marched over 90-yards on the final drive and we know how it ended. Neither team is going to quit and very rarely are the games lopsided. I expect Bluefield to win, but I don't expect a route.

With that being said.

I retract my former score prediction and say.

Bluefield 6 Graham 0

Rules...this game is going to get really ugly, really fast...if that 61-0 blowout of the early 70s was ever going to occur again, this would be the year...

Rules...this game is going to get really ugly, really fast...if that 61-0 blowout of the early 70s was ever going to occur again, this would be the year...

I just don't see it. Despite Marrs' shortcomings as coach he has had his Graham teams prepared to play Bluefield. I do believe Graham will be hard pressed to score points without an explosive, athletic, fast/quick playmaker in the backfield. I guess we'll find out Friday night, but I'll be shocked if the margin of victory exceeds 21 points.

I think both teams will be a little rough around the edges. I think it will be closer than most people on here think. Don't expect a blowout. I know Bluefield is expecting big things this year. I really hope that comes true after this game, lol. I think the Gmen will edge the Beavers in a close one, although high scoring, 38-35. Graham has a different vibe this year. How far it takes them, I don't know. Good luck to both teams for this game and the season.

I expect Graham can keep it close by using their size to control the clock. If they can keep it close, who knows what could happen in a game like this. Bluefield's speed and Graham's defensive play scares me.

Grahams defense???

are you talking about the Graham G-Men defense who just let 47 or 49 (whatever it was) points on them against GW

im scared of Grahams defense only to not look completely slow and embarass themselves friday night

Grahams defense???

are you talking about the Graham G-Men defense who just let 47 or 49 (whatever it was) points on them against GW

im scared of Grahams defense only to not look completely slow and embarass themselves friday night

Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing...