Tazewell vs Abingdon

Bulldogs52

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

107.7 Kicks Country. If for some reason the dogs get down in this one or there are some bad calls it is one of the best around for entertainment you will see what i am talking about I laugh everytime i listen to it Larry is a great announcer but he is not afraid to tell ya how he feels either haha.

are you guys jealous of the entrance made by the falcons. come up with your own and let your coach know about it and see if he will use it. this entrance has helped us win a few games-i think it is intimidating for the other team!

are you guys jealous of the entrance made by the falcons. come up with your own and let your coach know about it and see if he will use it. this entrance has helped us win a few games-i think it is intimidating for the other team!

LMAO Quote of the year the Falcons intimidate other teams LMAO.

Galax does the same entrance..pretty lame if you ask me

my suggestion would be to just go on the field and hit someone for a change...I don't know of any teams that would be intimidated by Abingdon, much less that lame entrance lol.

you guys are nothing but a bunch of dead dicks with nothing to do but talk negative about high school students. get a life!!!!

09-28-2008, 08:50 PM

opey12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i agree with lance. your marion. c'mon. you might beat abingdon, but your not really in that league with rhs. you boys need to stick with sayyyy soccer.

A bit hypocritical don't you think?

my suggestion would be to just go on the field and hit someone for a change...I don't know of any teams that would be intimidated by Abingdon, much less that lame entrance lol.

i really thought the falcons had turned the corner. last week was a little set back. with the things i am seeing out of the whole football program-i think this can be a really good program for years to come. we are an up & coming team! i can't understand why everyone is all over abingdon! what did we do wrong?

what did we do wrong?

well...I think trying to talk your team in to being better than they actually are is probably a starting point. Abingdon has 1000+ students...you guys should easily rule the SWD...ever wonder why you don't? They don't bring in a good coach and let him coach...the parents are too busy with the political BS to let it happen...if you guys get a good coach, he'll be run off soon enough...this is why everyone calls Abingdon the "whine and cheese" crowd...you guys need an old school coach with SWD roots and the parents need to stay out of it and let them do what needs to be done to straighten out the kids...Abingdon has long been more about the band and the halftime show more than the 4 quarters that define a football game....which is why I said I'd get rid of that silly Enter Sandman thing you guys do...it's really a joke to the rest of the world and you guys either don't care or don't get it...or both.

You get a team that starts looking for someone to hit on every play...that's where it starts...you get 11 kids out of the 1000 or so in that school that want to go out and headhunt on every play...not 11 that buy in to the hype crap...and you start there and build a team...you don't let the parents and the front office pressure the coaches and you start worring more about the game and less about the show...

I'll be the first to say Abingdon has made a LOT of progress in doing this over the past few years...but still a long way to go and a lot of things to fix.

well...I think trying to talk your team in to being better than they actually are is probably a starting point. Abingdon has 1000+ students...you guys should easily rule the SWD...ever wonder why you don't? They don't bring in a good coach and let him coach...the parents are too busy with the political BS to let it happen...if you guys get a good coach, he'll be run off soon enough...this is why everyone calls Abingdon the "whine and cheese" crowd...you guys need an old school coach with SWD roots and the parents need to stay out of it and let them do what needs to be done to straighten out the kids...Abingdon has long been more about the band and the halftime show more than the 4 quarters that define a football game....which is why I said I'd get rid of that silly Enter Sandman thing you guys do...it's really a joke to the rest of the world and you guys either don't care or don't get it...or both.

You get a team that starts looking for someone to hit on every play...that's where it starts...you get 11 kids out of the 1000 or so in that school that want to go out and headhunt on every play...not 11 that buy in to the hype crap...and you start there and build a team...you don't let the parents and the front office pressure the coaches and you start worring more about the game and less about the show...

I'll be the first to say Abingdon has made a LOT of progress in doing this over the past few years...but still a long way to go and a lot of things to fix.

I like your post. To me it seems the kids on the field don't really care if they win or lose. Like Lance said they like all the things that go with football except the actual football game. To many kids pampered if you ask me, have everything handed to them from the start he got a Lexus, he got a mercedes, and on and on. I think a good place to start would be to hire a hard nosed football coach.

i really thought the falcons had turned the corner. last week was a little set back. with the things i am seeing out of the whole football program-i think this can be a really good program for years to come. we are an up & coming team! i can't understand why everyone is all over abingdon! what did we do wrong?

What did we do wrong? Hmm, football isn't the only sport you know.

We dominate:

Cross Country

Soccer

Track

Baseball

Swimming

Tennis

Golf

Band

Competitive in:

Basketball

Volleyball

Softball

and yes, FOOTBALL

What did we do wrong? Hmm, football isn't the only sport you know.

We dominate:

Cross Country

Soccer

Track

Baseball

Swimming

Tennis

Golf

Band

add all of those up for the year and i bet you have more people watching at one football game on a bad week...lol...face it, football is king of the sports world around here.

add all of those up for the year and i bet you have more people watching at one football game on a bad week...lol...face it, football is king of the sports world around here.

I disagree, the measure of true athletes is winning in multiple sports, not just one my friend.

Actually I think Abingdon has fallen below the 1000 threshold, but still in the high 900's.

Either way, your point is dead on.