Abingdon Bias

southbound

I feel like everything I write on this board is being criticized. Why can't I feel like Abingdon is going to win every game? Every time I pick a score or make a comment on this board everyone jumps on it to bring down the Falcons. Not everyone in Abingdon was born with a silver spoon in their mouth-I would encourage you guys to get out of the past. Abingdon has put a competitive team on the field for several years now. There are about 3 elite programs in our area (Richlands, Gate City, and Bluefield) that can make statements about how great they are. Some of you other guys need to stop making statements about Abingdon all the time. I thought about leaving the board this weekend but I'm not going to be run off by other people's views. Go Falcons!:mad:

I feel like everything I write on this board is being criticized. Why can't I feel like Abingdon is going to win every game? Every time I pick a score or make a comment on this board everyone jumps on it to bring down the Falcons. Not everyone in Abingdon was born with a silver spoon in their mouth-I would encourage you guys to get out of the past. Abingdon has put a competitive team on the field for several years now. There are about 3 elite programs in our area (Richlands, Gate City, and Bluefield) that can make statements about how great they are. Some of you other guys need to stop making statements about Abingdon all the time. I thought about leaving the board this weekend but I'm not going to be run off by other people's views. Go Falcons!:mad:

I feel your pain. I had Hurley mutiny against me a week or so ago lol

The reason Abingdon catches some much crap is b/c you guys talk really big before the season and during the season and never live up to it. If I have a team that is lucky to win a couple of district games then I am not going to brag they will, its simple. Let the season dictate your trash talk and you guys won't catch so much heat. Until you guys start playing more than 10 games a year its best to just let the Falcons rest in peace. You can talk about your team all you want just not in a Falcon Awesome way

He's a kid. SB always sees the "glass as half full".....nothing wrong w/that. I kinda enjoy his postings.....yes, even the ramblings....but I haven't found him to be as offensive as some. :)

I am just trying to help the kid. The Abingdon folks will get on here and try to dispute a 50 pnt loss, just doesn't make alot of sense. There is know coulda, shoulda, almost crap when you get beat by 50pnts.

Guys, I will take a stab at answering this one.

Southbound, here is the thing: I am an Abingdon fan through and through. I wish they would win every game from until eternity, but that is not going to happen. With that being said, the thing that rubs people the wrong way with you and me included is how you get on here and make comments dogging other people and their teams. If it is all in fun that's great, but all people have to go by on here is what you right. They can't see your face or know you are joking around....that is if you are. It comes off as someone just coming on to start trouble and be a jerk.

People in glass houses should never ever throw stones. That is as simple as I can get it for you. I LOVE OPTIMISIM, and I am glad you are an optimist, but when you come on here and trash talk, put people's teams down, you better have a spotless record this year and about 3 or 4 state championship banners hanging from the walls (in football, not soccer or golf or forensics) to back it up. That is what rubs people the wrong way. Maybe think about what you type first and if it sounds right, then rethink it some more, and then type it out. I try to be RESPECTFUL on here as do much of the other guys/girls on here and get along with people instead of seeing how many people's skin I can get under on a given day. Just something to think about and if I haven't said it right, someone correct me. Be safe all,

EW

Southbound, here is the thing: I am an Abingdon fan through and through. I wish they would win every game from until eternity, but that is not going to happen. With that being said, the thing that rubs people the wrong way with you and me included is how you get on here and make comments dogging other people and their teams. If it is all in fun that's great, but all people have to go by on here is what you right. They can't see your face or know you are joking around....that is if you are. It comes off as someone just coming on to start trouble and be a jerk.

People in glass houses should never ever throw stones. That is as simple as I can get it for you. I LOVE OPTIMISIM, and I am glad you are an optimist, but when you come on here and trash talk, put people's teams down, you better have a spotless record this year and about 3 or 4 state championship banners hanging from the walls (in football, not soccer or golf or forensics) to back it up. That is what rubs people the wrong way. Maybe think about what you type first and if it sounds right, then rethink it some more, and then type it out. I try to be RESPECTFUL on here as do much of the other guys/girls on here and get along with people instead of seeing how many people's skin I can get under on a given day. Just something to think about and if I haven't said it right, someone correct me. Be safe all,

EW

Couldn't have said it better myself......good job !

EW

Nailed it!

Example: The Falcon Awesome team is going to make a statement in the SWD this year. We played right with everyone in the district last year and we are going to roll and come out on top of the SWD. We got beat last night by 50 points but the field was to wet and if we played the first half like we did the second we would have given them a game.

Re-phrased: We have a good group of kids, worked hard all summer and hoping to improve this season. Not sure how the district looks we will have to wait and see how the Falcons improve and play with the others in the SWD. Well, we got beat by 50 last night not much you can say about that except we got beat, hopefully we can regroup and finish the season.

EW

You are worthless! What kind of fan are you? I support any person from the falcon world, or I did, until now . . . TRAITOR - YOU will jump on that battle wagon next year . . . not me, Go Falcons!! You should support any abingdon post not get on here and turn on them!!!!:mad:

You are worthless! What kind of fan are you? I support any person from the falcon world, or I did, until now . . . TRAITOR - YOU will jump on that battle wagon next year . . . not me, Go Falcons!! You should support any abingdon post not get on here and turn on them!!!!:mad:

Dude - back off. You weren't born when Abingdon was worthy of the types of posts you and southbound make (actually, not sure that your not the same person). You also have no business calling informed, respectful fans on this board worthless. Such is infantile. Actually, you and to a lesser degree, southbound, are a disgrace and embarassment to anyone who professes to know anything about football and is an Abingdon fan. You and southbound are the reason that Abingdon take such a hit from EVERYONE around on this and other boards. Idiotic posts do not deserve posts do not deserve support from one's own fans. You have so much to learn about class it is not funny.

The individual you attacked here played quarterback for the falcons in the 90's. He is a class act in every respect. His current employment is one of service and he has exhibited heroic actions in his daily life on a frequent basis. On this board, he is informative and respectful.

You on the other hand, simply use this to taunt other teams and fans and make stupid and uninformed comments - which if read by other teams - make for great locker room material and hurt the falcons when they take the field.

I'm not sure why I feel the need to respond in this fashion - heck - everyone on here but you and southbound knows exactly what I'm saying and agrees! You are pariahs! (Look that up)! However, you attacked a member of my family and I cannot let that go without response.

Dude - back off. You weren't born when Abingdon was worthy of the types of posts you and southbound make (actually, not sure that your not the same person). You also have no business calling informed, respectful fans on this board worthless. Such is infantile. Actually, you and to a lesser degree, southbound, are a disgrace and embarassment to anyone who professes to know anything about football and is an Abingdon fan. You and southbound are the reason that Abingdon take such a hit from EVERYONE around on this and other boards. Idiotic posts do not deserve posts do not deserve support from one's own fans. You have so much to learn about class it is not funny.

The individual you attacked here played quarterback for the falcons in the 90's. He is a class act in every respect. His current employment is one of service and he has exhibited heroic actions in his daily life on a frequent basis. On this board, he is informative and respectful.

You on the other hand, simply use this to taunt other teams and fans and make stupid and uninformed comments - which if read by other teams - make for great locker room material and hurt the falcons when they take the field.

I'm not sure why I feel the need to respond in this fashion - heck - everyone on here but you and southbound knows exactly what I'm saying and agrees! You are pariahs! (Look that up)! However, you attacked a member of my family and I cannot let that go without response.

falconman-you do not have to stick up for me!

not sure he deserves this kind of slap in the face. i have decided to quit posting on here because it bothers all of you MATURE ADULTS. so cav84 have a big laugh down at the court house today for me. i will always support the falcons but i will not post any more about them. congrats wahoo84 & vols4aday you have completed your mission and run me off. have a great day MATURE ONES!

What posts? I posted one because he didn't support us! And apparently you dont either - stay on holston threads! You dont support us . . . . Your words are below, what kind of example are you setting with post like that? You shouldn't even be on a falcon thread.:mad:

Dude, seen them play. Would be happy to punch 66 or whomever. They are weak. I am a fan and want them to succeed. But, they suck. They are gonna suck for several years. I'm talking worst football team in Washington Co. even after Holston loses its senior class. Have you seen them?????? They suck really, really bad. Hess is great. He has no one to throw to. This year in Falconland is gonna be bad.

What posts? I posted one because he didn't support us! And apparently you dont either - stay on holston threads! You dont support us . . . . Your words are below, what kind of example are you setting with post like that? You shouldn't even be on a falcon thread.:mad:

Dude, seen them play. Would be happy to punch 66 or whomever. They are weak. I am a fan and want them to succeed. But, they suck. They are gonna suck for several years. I'm talking worst football team in Washington Co. even after Holston loses its senior class. Have you seen them?????? They suck really, really bad. Hess is great. He has no one to throw to. This year in Falconland is gonna be bad.

Yes those are my words and I regret them, however, they have to be placed in the context of the ongoing debate at the time. Unfortunately, as I said then, in not too politically correct words, Abingdon is weak in many respects on the line and elsewhere. Sadly, I think that their record reflects that. You don't give up 51 in one half to anyone if you are strong.

But, I am a county taxpayer. I have a child at Abingdon High School and go to most of the games, wearing navy blue and cheering for all I can. But, even though I could have said those words better, they are true. That is exactly why you and others should not be taunting other schools and setting this school up for all of the crap that everyone unloads. Further, you had no right whatsoever to make your last post and I'll hold you accountable for that any day.

I won't get off this board as either a Falcon or Cavalier fan. But, other than you, don't think anyone has asked me to leave.

Well what do you think about the rumor of your beloved Falcon qb transferring to Richlands after the football season?

Well what do you think about the rumor of your beloved Falcon qb transferring to Richlands after the football season?

I haven't heard that rumor. His folks are from Buchanan County. His dad is a colleague of mine - certainly could drive here from there. Hmmm. Don't know. Certain he could make the team but could he be QB? Isn't Johnson an underclassman - don't know and although it would be interesting competition, you wonder if the guy that took Richlands there this year wouldn't have the upper hand. However, if Hess had some better receivers, he'd be all world. Interesting rumor.

I heard the same thing. Hess is gone after this year. He needs to try and get in a good program where he will have a chance to win. If you do make the playoffs at Abingdon now they are looking at Salem. How many people would like to see that? How about you Southbound? Do you want Salem?:eek:

I haven't heard that rumor. His folks are from Buchanan County. His dad is a colleague of mine - certainly could drive here from there. Hmmm. Don't know. Certain he could make the team but could he be QB? Isn't Johnson an underclassman - don't know and although it would be interesting competition, you wonder if the guy that took Richlands there this year wouldn't have the upper hand. However, if Hess had some better receivers, he'd be all world. Interesting rumor.

Cody Johnson is a senior.