Abingdon Bias

southbound

I haven't heard that rumor. His folks are from Buchanan County. His dad is a colleague of mine - certainly could drive here from there. Hmmm. Don't know. Certain he could make the team but could he be QB? Isn't Johnson an underclassman - don't know and although it would be interesting competition, you wonder if the guy that took Richlands there this year wouldn't have the upper hand. However, if Hess had some better receivers, he'd be all world. Interesting rumor.

like most abingdon people his parents are from Grundy

like most abingdon people his parents are from Grundy

What grade is Hess in this year? I don't see him coming to Richlands. Jack Vance will be our starter at QB next season and he has great potential. He is number 7 he ran the fake punt last week at Tazewell.

What grade is Hess in this year? I don't see him coming to Richlands. Jack Vance will be our starter at QB next season and he has great potential. He is number 7 he ran the fake punt last week at Tazewell.

Vance is no Hess. If Jake comes to RHS, you would be going back to the finals, thats how good Hess is.

I agree about Hess. If he comes to Richlands, he's the starter. The kid has a gun for an arm. He is a very smart kid and can pick defenses apart. INHO Hess would take Richlands back to the Title game.

The kid just doesnt have talented recievers around him at Abingdon.

I feel like everything I write on this board is being criticized. Why can't I feel like Abingdon is going to win every game? Every time I pick a score or make a comment on this board everyone jumps on it to bring down the Falcons. Not everyone in Abingdon was born with a silver spoon in their mouth-I would encourage you guys to get out of the past. Abingdon has put a competitive team on the field for several years now. There are about 3 elite programs in our area (Richlands, Gate City, and Bluefield) that can make statements about how great they are. Some of you other guys need to stop making statements about Abingdon all the time. I thought about leaving the board this weekend but I'm not going to be run off by other people's views. Go Falcons!:mad:

Does nobody on here like southbound or something? lol

Vance is no Hess. If Jake comes to RHS, you would be going back to the finals, thats how good Hess is.

I don't disagree that Hess is a good QB but I don't think he would step over Vance. You probably haven't seen Vance play, the kid has an arm, it will take him time but he will grow with the offense. As far as a running QB I would take Vance over Hess any day.

Goodness......the Hess kid is playing football for Abingdon....and rumors, speculation, and "what ifs".....are being tossed about as if there's validity or credibility to any of it.

Pls. go have some lunch.....and stop w/the "craziness"....that's what I'm gonna do. Enjoy. :)

Edited by trublue

Goodness......the Hess kid is playing football for Abingdon....and rumors, speculation, and "what ifs".....are being tossed about as if there's validity or credibility to any of it.

Pls. go have some lunch.....and stop w/the "craziness"....that's what I'm gonna do. Enjoy. :)

I agree. I seriously doubt this will become anything.

So when your move your suppose to go to a better team? Hmmm I didn't learn that :/

But seriously its always been SWVA vs. Abingdon back in my day, and to be honest we deserved it. We were cocky in everyway, mainly because people like southbound. They just need to learn to humbly accept defeat and learn from the loss and work harder to win. As for Hess, I think he is really good. I've seen both and would put Hess before him.

Thank you Mike. I guess kids will be kids. I don't have to debate anything with falconfan or whatever his name is. Apparently I hit the nail on the head because I have had so many people from EVERYWHERE, even Abingdon either send messages or post saying so. Oh well, one day they will grow up and figure it out, until then, I guess I will just try to be TOLERANT of such ignorrance. Be safe all and GO FALCONS!

funny ha ha! i think graham is a bigger joke than a-town.:cool:

Yes but Grahman doesnt have people on here running there mouth like you do....... I must agree if you quit talking all the crap then no one on here would bash A-town as much and yes Im from A-Town born and raised and my kids go to AHS. So please sign off and dont come back.

Yes but Grahman doesnt have people on here running there mouth like you do....... I must agree if you quit talking all the crap then no one on here would bash A-town as much and yes Im from A-Town born and raised and my kids go to AHS. So please sign off and dont come back.

i'm very proud of you being from abingdon and sending your kids to ahs. i have struggled to stay on the board with the constant bashing from everyone including closet abingdon fans. lance has inspired me to stay on with his post :i like southbound", so you know what if you don't like it-you can stay off the board. have a great day in falconland!:cool:

i'm very proud of you being from abingdon and sending your kids to ahs. i have struggled to stay on the board with the constant bashing from everyone including closet abingdon fans. lance has inspired me to stay on with his post :i like southbound", so you know what if you don't like it-you can stay off the board. have a great day in falconland!:cool:

people like you have kept me on the board. thanks for all your support. please do not feel that you have to take up for the one and the only southbound.:mad:

we had a kid from CC on here that was a lot like you a few years ago...dont remember his name...by the time he graduated he was actually making good posts...lol....so there is hope.