Tazewell/Mitchell Stadium

frito gonzales

Anyone hear that after the Graham/Tazewell game that Tazewell destroyed the visitors locker room? I had heard that there were holes punched in the wall and that the benches were ripped out of the floor. If this is true, where were the coaches and how could this have been allowed to happen?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone hear that after the Graham/Tazewell game that Tazewell destroyed the visitors locker room? I had heard that there were holes punched in the wall and that the benches were ripped out of the floor. If this is true, where were the coaches and how could this have been allowed to happen?

If it did happen, they will have a heck of a bill to pay. Hope it didn't happen....

If this is indeed true, and if I was head of the Bluefield Parks & Recreation, I'd be in contact with THS and the TCSB letting them know if they were smart then they would have their best lawyer on speed dial.

It's a shame some punk kids can't face the fact they got their rears handed to them. Maybe if they take it out on each other in practice they could win something.

If this is indeed true, and if I was head of the Bluefield Parks & Recreation, I'd be in contact with THS and the TCSB letting them know if they were smart then they would have their best lawyer on speed dial.

It's a shame some punk kids can't face the fact they got their rears handed to them. Maybe if they take it out on each other in practice they could win something.

well put!

I heard there was damage as well, but did not hear a dollar amount or the exact details. I was told that there was at least one hole in the wall. I was also told that the coaches don't know who the culprit was???????

I wonder where the coaches were during all of this. IMO there are way to many football coaches that should be monitoring these kids that this should NEVER happen. I would imagine that someone [hopefully Tazewell High School] will pay for these damages.

Wonder what the punishment will be from the administration at THS? -- Lathel served a 10 out of school suspension for a cell phone [second offense] being out - after serving 3 days [for the first offense] in school. I haven't heard of any punishment being delivered from the administration. I would bet there won't be any at all. Possibly a lecture.

My bet would be -- Tazewell High School pays the bill, attempts to keep this as quiet as possible, down playing it, and all goes well with the football team. Wyatt is tight with the administration -- he's one of the boys. What a good message to send the kids?!?!?!

If this did happen, there is no excuse for that type of behavior. Something needs to be done about this. Hopefully its just a rumor.

There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for that type of behavior! ! !

If it is true, shame shame on the THS Football Players.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

I mean sad thing is, obviously the kids were unsupervised at the time.

Sure they are going to have to pay for the damages, but if an unsupervised kid got hurt or died in all the ruckus... The coaches would be sued, the administration who hired them and the Tazewell County School Board would all have a lawsuit.

Thats the bigger problem at hand, why are they ever unsupervised? They have to have at least 5 coaches...

Not the first time this has happened. Actually quite common I'm pretty sure Mt. View did some damage as well after the Beaver game. When the city was renovating it probably would have been a good idea not to go with sheet rock

I mean sad thing is, obviously the kids were unsupervised at the time.

Sure they are going to have to pay for the damages, but if an unsupervised kid got hurt or died in all the ruckus... The coaches would be sued, the administration who hired them and the Tazewell County School Board would all have a lawsuit.

Thats the bigger problem at hand, why are they ever unsupervised? They have to have at least 5 coaches...

So a high school coach is suppose to sit in there and watch the boys change, take showers, etc? Yea, that is a great idea.

I remember a couple of years ago I heard GW tore up Lebanon's visitor's locker room. Used field paint on the walls, took craps in the showers. Probably happens more than we know.

Maybe they should make the Tazewell team pay for the damages, come to Mitchell Stadium and fix the damage, or kick those who did it off the team or cancel the season. Why don't we try punishing those involved instead of blaming others. Punish the kids who did it. You can't tell me a high school kid, regardless of the emotion involved, doesn't know better than to tear other people's stuff up.

My brother's kid has lost an I-Pod at least three times. Guess what happens? My brother buys him a new one every time. Does that teach responsibility? So to answer my own question, maybe they don't know because their parents don't teach them!

So a high school coach is suppose to sit in there and watch the boys change, take showers, etc? Yea, that is a great idea.

I remember a couple of years ago I heard GW tore up Lebanon's visitor's locker room. Used field paint on the walls, took craps in the showers. Probably happens more than we know.

Maybe they should make the Tazewell team pay for the damages, come to Mitchell Stadium and fix the damage, or kick those who did it off the team or cancel the season. Why don't we try punishing those involved instead of blaming others. Punish the kids who did it. You can't tell me a high school kid, regardless of the emotion involved, doesn't know better than to tear other people's stuff up.

My brother's kid has lost an I-Pod at least three times. Guess what happens? My brother buys him a new one every time. Does that teach responsibility? So to answer my own question, maybe they don't know because their parents don't teach them!

That is the real problem with most kids and young adults today. They have not learned responsibaility. It all starts at home. Maybe some parents and adults have not learned it either.

I agree that they shouldn't have to watch players in the dressing rooms, the fact is these are young men, not children. Apparently though many act more like children than young men. That said, if it happens more often than we know, then there's a lot of adults who haven't coached properly from the very start. Any coach worth anything would instill self discipline and a sense of responsibility before anything else. So while I agree that the coaches shouldn't have to babysit, they're some at fault for having a team of children instead of young men to start with.

If you can't leave a group of youths by themselves to change, then that's not a group of youths that have any business putting on a uniform or on a bus to take anywhere representing any school.

If it ever happened to a team I coached, (not that I coach) every player responsible would be off the team.

That said, I had read their were holes in the walls after bluefield's game against south charleston in '08, the locker room sc was in, of course they defeated bluefield so there shouldn't have been any anger. to be fair I never heard anything about this except on the bluegoldnews message board, so I'm skeptical that it actually happened.

But if the walls are sheet rock, not to make excuses for any players, but I saw quite a few players pound the walls in the dressing rooms in my time, but they were cinder block and people obviously knew they weren't going to put any holes in them or damage them, perhaps it is reasonable that some players are emotional and don't intend to do any damage, after all, sheet rock is rather easy to put your fist through in certain places. Simply a thought not an excuse.

Edited by buzzsawBeaver

I agree that the players involved should take the heat. A coach is usually in the locker room if not all of them directly after a game to go over a few things , chew some butt, or whatever needs to be done. I played ball and I've coached and I have never had a team or been part of one where this has taken place. I know my coaches / parents and myself had more expectations of me and my team than that. Self dicipline is something that is taught along with channeling your aggression and anger on the field rather than a wall / bench etc...

You can't put the blame on the coaches or the parents at this age. It goes on the players who are almost adult. Adult enough to make a sound decision. I've been pissed many times and I've put a hole in my own wall when I was 17 and I used my money and time to fix it. These idiots need to do the same.

i know what happened trust me

our coach During half time was telling us how it isn't his fault we were playing bad and that he hopes when we go back to school we get laughed at. One of our players got mad and hit the wall. Who knew it was Sheet Rock? We all had to run 6 miles monday because none of us would tell who did it

i know what happened trust me

our coach During half time was telling us how it isn't his fault we were playing bad and that he hopes when we go back to school we get laughed at. One of our players got mad and hit the wall. Who knew it was Sheet Rock? We all had to run 6 miles monday because none of us would tell who did it

first off this dude doesnt play we didnt even go out on monday cause we were getting talked 2...So dont get on here saying the coaches said things when they didnt say shit. The ones who hit the wall maned up and told coach and are paying for it. I promise.....Corner #1

Corner -- thanks for the information -- I appreciate the fact that you being very adult about all of this and getting the record straight. I am also very glad that whoever did this is taking the heat and paying the price. Although hitting a wall is not the right answer, hopefully everyone has learned something and they can move forward.

first off this dude doesnt play we didnt even go out on monday cause we were getting talked 2...So dont get on here saying the coaches said things when they didnt say shit. The ones who hit the wall maned up and told coach and are paying for it. I promise.....Corner #1

I appreciate you telling us the truth ! Without it, everybody speculates as to what happen and spreads rumors.

It is also fact that South Charleston did punch holes and do damage to the locker room in 08 at Mitchell. Their head coach came over and told the Bluefield staff and apologized for it and told them to send South Charleston the bill.