Tazewell/Mitchell Stadium

frito gonzales

It is also fact that South Charleston did punch holes and do damage to the locker room in 08 at Mitchell. Their head coach came over and told the Bluefield staff and apologized for it and told them to send South Charleston the bill.

I discounted it myself because the only place I ever read the accusations was 1 message board, I figured it would have been mentioned different places. It's good though that they simply admitted it and paid for it.

eta should have billed them for the field turf

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lookoutmountain

How about Tazewell pay for the damages it caused and be done with it? No, I'm not a Tazewell fan either. Why in the world do so many people in our country have to "get back" at someone. The punishment should be, Tazewell pay for the damage and pay for the cost/manpower to put the property back in. Why get a lawyer, why reprimand the Tazewell Administration? Amazing....and so many people wonder why our kids grow up feeling entitled and everything being "about ME". They learn this from.....well, that's obvious, the parents.

How about Tazewell pay for the damages it caused and be done with it? No, I'm not a Tazewell fan either. Why in the world do so many people in our country have to "get back" at someone. The punishment should be, Tazewell pay for the damage and pay for the cost/manpower to put the property back in. Why get a lawyer, why reprimand the Tazewell Administration? Amazing....and so many people wonder why our kids grow up feeling entitled and everything being "about ME". They learn this from.....well, that's obvious, the parents.

Exactly. We spend so much time trying to find a scape goat for someone that we often overlook who has committed the crime. I am sure punishing the kids at school (suspension), punishing them with the team (suspension) and making them pay for it is enough. Why does anyone else have to be involved? End of subject. If I were to get a speeding ticket then I pay it and life goes on. My wife, kids, cousins, dogs, cats, fish, whatever wouldn't be punished for it.

I would be surprised if this doesn't get blown out of proportion by someone and a school board member doesn't get involved somewhere down the line.

Remember when Battle had the JV baseball deal. Why should a school board member even had shown their head with that. One of the biggest problems with school systems today is the election of school board members. It becomes axe grinding and when a parent doesn't like something they run to a SB member. Being an elected official with a lot of power, the SB member makes heads roll at their school. What was wrong with appointing school boards by the board of supervisors?

Know for a fact that Tazewell High has to pay for the repairs, don't know the $ amount though.

Who cares if Tazewell High has to pay for it or not... We pay for the up keep of that place anyway... So whats the big deal about!

Who cares if Tazewell High has to pay for it or not... We pay for the up keep of that place anyway... So whats the big deal about!

Does that still give anyone the right to destroy property?...I also pay to keep up the place, but you will not see me destroying it.

This is pathetic behavior. Legal actions should be taken.

yes, pathetic behavior, but no legal actions should be taken thats whats wrong with this country IMO, that sure is the American way.., make the kid(s) who did it pay for everything that was destroyed, and be done with it..

Does that still give anyone the right to destroy property?...I also pay to keep up the place, but you will not see me destroying it.

Read previous post by me.... Just tired of people dragging this out, like none of these other schools don't vandalize locker rooms and such... It's stuff that happens all the time....

Read previous post by me.... Just tired of people dragging this out, like none of these other schools don't vandalize locker rooms and such... It's stuff that happens all the time....

All the time? This is the first time I recall reading of something like this this year for this area, they teach class at most places and the kids are raised to know better.

All the time? This is the first time I recall reading of something like this this year for this area, they teach class at most places and the kids are raised to know better.

Don't try to turn it into a peter pulling contest....

Things like this do happen frequently. This instance has simply gotten alot of attention. With all of the renovations and care given to the stadium recently I cerainly understand the anger. But the reality is that the damages will be paid for, the kid(s) involved are not "evil", and it will have no impact on the rest of the season. To much attention is mt opinion.

It happened last year, when Bluefield was leading the eventual AAA State Champions at halftime, the South Charleston players did a number on the visiting locker room and it suffered a great deal of damage. Repairs were made and SCHS paid for the damages. Not saying it is right but it does happen from time to time, football is a very emotional game.

It happened last year, when Bluefield was leading the eventual AAA State Champions, South Charleston, the visiting locker room suffered a great deal of damage. Repairs were made and SCHS paid for the damages. Not saying it is right but it does happen from time to time, football is a very emotional game.

From time to time, is not all the time.

Wonder if Bluefield will ban Tazewell from ever playing at Mitchell again?

Really couldn'st see how they could since Tazewell County Public Schools pays for the use of the stadium and Tazewell is in Graham's district-- however if they were to ban Tazewell then the Tazewell - Graham game would always be at Tazewell --

Who cares because this is likely the last season Graham will be playing there!

Whats this stuff I hear that the Dawgs QB is wanting to tranfer to Richlands next season? Just wonder were all these rumors start?

Whats this stuff I hear that the Dawgs QB is wanting to tranfer to Richlands next season? Just wonder were all these rumors start?

That's wild, because I heard that Abingdons QB was transfering next year. Heard his dad had already bought a house.