HaHa!!! Bobby Wyatt...

GMan

The game is over, Graham won, will lose to cave spring again anyway. If they can beat Cave at their place, I will gladly eat my words. Quit whining about all this. Calls may have been missed and please tell me a hs game where one isn't....especially football.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

futbolking.....Marrs ran backwards for a few yards...then ran from the middle of the field to the sideline and then went down. There were 4 sec on the clock when he took the snap...no way did it only take 2 seconds to do all that running around.

Wow....that IS amazing...I was listening on the radio and the guys on the radio didn't clue the listeners in on that little bit of info....I just figured that he snapped it and kneed it quckly, since there was 2 seconds left...

Does nobody realize this play had no effect on the game. Talking about the tipped pass. Graham punted on this drive. It had no outcome on the game at all. And i do know Graham got a big kick return called back because someone clipped the kicker and the kicker made the tackle after being brushed by a Graham player.

Does nobody realize this play had no effect on the game. Talking about the tipped pass. Graham punted on this drive. It had no outcome on the game at all. And i do know Graham got a big kick return called back because someone clipped the kicker and the kicker made the tackle after being brushed by a Graham player.

ya being the kicker in this situation, getting hit in the back was dumb cuz it actually gave me more momentum to the sideline

Great point: Then why did the officials not call ineligible receiver downfield ? If Tony was 15 yards downfield then a penalty should have been called. You are 100 % correct in your educated assessment. The only problem with your educated assessment is that the play was a middle screen to the fullback. David dropped back nearly 10 yards thus Tony was actually near the line of scrimmage.

I was not at the game but it sounds like a middle screen the way mnhokie describes it. A lineman can be down field if the ball is thrown behind the line of scrimmage.

it is obvious you were not at the game or listened to it, marrs took the snap ran backwards a few yards then towards his own sidline sliding down about 3 yards from the sideline. ...

It's obvious that you've never listened to a Tazewell radio broadcast.

They didn't even call that play... acted like the game was over after the snap on 3rd and 20, then, all of a sudden, "the refs are standing over the ball. Does that mean the game's not over yet?"

I was not at the game but it sounds like a middle screen the way mnhokie describes it. A lineman can be down field if the ball is thrown behind the line of scrimmage.
But he can not catch the ball 5 yard pentaly loss of down.

I don't know how old Frito is, but I'm old enought to drive to Roanoke, do ya need a ride? Or are ya going to the Dawgs basketball practice?

No I don't need a ride... Old enough to drive my self is I wanted to go watch a asswhoopin!

The game is over, Graham won, will lose to cave spring again anyway. If they can beat Cave at their place, I will gladly eat my words. Quit whining about all this. Calls may have been missed and please tell me a hs game where one isn't....especially football.

So very true! Thank you for writing EXACTLY what I've been thinking!

I would like to see a video clip of Wyatt throwing the ball...lol.

For the record, I like Coach Wyatt and I hope he stays..I'm not sure what is going on at Tazewell this year, but I know he's a good coach and I think he can produce good results if not run off by all of the political BS that goes along with coaching at Tazewell.

That's just my opinion, you guys are entitled to your own lol.

Do they teach the kids the rules of the game at Tazewell??? wow....

Obviously, their coach doesn't know the rules so why would you expect his players to know them???

no I'm pretty sure it's graham's coach who should be complaining. I have never seen worse clock management. For David Marrs to take the snap, scramble out of the pocket and break a tackle, then fall in 2 seconds. Wow, that is pretty amazing speed if you ask me

There is no doubt that the ball was tipped by a Tazewell defender.
you people need to get a vhsl rule book .the ball can not be caught by a lineman down field tipped or not this is not the NFL its high school football.

I was just looking over at the VHSL reference site trying to get some stuff on the past history of Richlands and looked at strength of schedule now that is going by W and L from 2000-2009 I was very surprised with the #2 team in the state in that section.

http://www.vhsl-reference.com/sos_by_team_opp_wl.cfm

Five of the SWD teams are in the top 35 for all the state.