2010 SWD talk...

Lance

bulldogs52 if you wont too, go get you some blue and white and come on over and join Nado and the rest of us as the Blues go for another Swd title in the fall and take back the Region 4 title and more.

He may want to graduate before his 20th birthday..

Edited by futbolking

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first thing you have to have is good grades...when the people from Miami were looking at Marcum, the first thing they wanted to know is how are his grades...not 40 time...not yards per carry...no how many TD"s did you have...first thing they asked was how are his grades...kinda shocked me at the time.

So any of you guys that think you want to move on, better take care of business in the classroom as well as on the field...trust me it matters.

That is exactly right. Grades are #1 when it comes to going to the next level, the next question a college coach will ask is "Is he/she coachable, how's the attitude?" There are very few college athletes that are 100% athletic - the majority of all scholarshiped athletes that are on full rides are receiving a big chunk of academic monies.

So study -- keep the grades up and then when you prove yourself on the playing surface you will be recruitable.

Billy Wagner came to Tazewell because the cousin he was living with came to Tazewell. The baseball program at the time Billy was in high school was good - but it did not have the facilities or the reputation that it has now. Billy has helped make that reputation. Billy was a bulldog because that was where his aunt and uncle choose for him and his cousins to come -- it made sense -- they worked in Tazewell and could be closer to their children. However, I will say that Billy is probably very thankful that he was able to play for a class act like Lou Peery who helped him get into college as he has so many over the years.

As for Lockhart moving to Richlands -- I completely understand why he did it.

Not that it really matters, but didn't Wagner and Jeff Lamie both LIVE in the Tazewell attendance zone? They were from Tannersville and for years, Tazewell Co. schools paid Smyth Co. to have those kids go to Rich Valley (which later consolidated into Northwood) for middle/high school because of the distance. They stopped doing that around 1985.

Not that it really matters, but didn't Wagner and Jeff Lamie both LIVE in the Tazewell attendance zone? They were from Tannersville and for years, Tazewell Co. schools paid Smyth Co. to have those kids go to Rich Valley (which later consolidated into Northwood) for middle/high school because of the distance. They stopped doing that around 1985.

I think this is spot on...

Lockhart isn't even going to be the best quarterback on Richlands' roster. If he even plays it will be because we want to rest our other kid because he is an awesome rover. I don't know about baseball, but I guess Lockhart would help Richlands, as far as the quarterback part I don't understand why we would go out of our way to recruit someone who can't even start for us haha. Regardless of what I say, Richlands will always be accused of recruting but the truth is no one from Richlands has to go anywhere or talk to anyone to get them to come. Our record over the past decade, along with our facilities and great coaching staff recruit themselves. Everybody dreams of being a winner!!!

Lockhart isn't even going to be the best quarterback on Richlands' roster. If he even plays it will be because we want to rest our other kid because he is an awesome rover. I don't know about baseball, but I guess Lockhart would help Richlands, as far as the quarterback part I don't understand why we would go out of our way to recruit someone who can't even start for us haha. Regardless of what I say, Richlands will always be accused of recruting but the truth is no one from Richlands has to go anywhere or talk to anyone to get them to come. Our record over the past decade, along with our facilities and great coaching staff recruit themselves. Everybody dreams of being a winner!!!

I don't know about that...being able to move the Johnson boys around to other positions is an interesting idea...if Lockhart can handle the QB duties, and we all know he can...then that will free up a lot of speed and talent that you can use elsewhere...don't be so sure he won't be starting....the kid is a good QB.

what makes you think Lockhart won't start next year? Because he's from Tazewell? you had a boy from Big Creek start for you last year. One of the smallest schools in WV, and he had very limited experience in the spread.

so what is the one thing Richlands will be lacking next year?

A QB with experience. Lockhart is a 3 year starter in the SWD, with a great arm. Experience in the spread offense is a big deal. I think Coach Mance would agree.

imo lockhart starts for sure.

& will be one of the best pitchers for richlands.

Again,

I have no knowledge about the baseball team so he will probably be one of the best pitchers. However, Cody Johnson (starting qb last year) graduated and imo wasn't even the best quarterback last year. Having seen and played against both Lockhart and Jack Vance, I know that Vance is a much better quarterback and if he gains some leadership ability in the huddle and off the field he is an all-region pick. Lockhart will be carrying the clipboard. Quote me on this if you want, write it down, whatever because come August 1st the job will already be won.

And on top of the issues with the Johnson boys, I've also heard of some conduct problems Lockhart is already having at Richlands. Seems that he expects everyone to cater to him like they did in Tazewell.

Again,

I have no knowledge about the baseball team so he will probably be one of the best pitchers. However, Cody Johnson (starting qb last year) graduated and imo wasn't even the best quarterback last year. Having seen and played against both Lockhart and Jack Vance, I know that Vance is a much better quarterback and if he gains some leadership ability in the huddle and off the field he is an all-region pick. Lockhart will be carrying the clipboard. Quote me on this if you want, write it down, whatever because come August 1st the job will already be won.

And on top of the issues with the Johnson boys, I've also heard of some conduct problems Lockhart is already having at Richlands. Seems that he expects everyone to cater to him like they did in Tazewell.

No what the problem is now he is in a school full of a bunch of pricks....

Again,

so coach mance doesn't start his best players?

vance might be as talented as a QB as Lockhart, but he lacks experience. I'll take 3 years experience over a few snaps.

Guest quispbird
No what the problem is now he is in a school full of a bunch of pricks....

Are you still in school (middle most likely) or just act like an imbicile all the time?

Are you still in school (middle most likely) or just act like an imbicile all the time?

Been out of school for many years, I know how and have seen how they act down there, there are a few on this board that are pretty cool.... They know who they are and you my friend are not one of them.

Again,

You my friend will be wrong....Vance is too important on defense and if there is a quality QB on the roster Vance will only play one way.....defense. I say that Lockhart will compete with the Hess kid from Abingdon for the starting job. JMO.

You my friend will be wrong....Vance is too important on defense and if there is a quality QB on the roster Vance will only play one way.....defense. I say that Lockhart will compete with the Hess kid from Abingdon for the starting job. JMO.

Did Hess xfr to Richlands as well?

Been out of school for many years, I know how and have seen how they act down there, there are a few on this board that are pretty cool.... They know who they are and you my friend are not one of them.

But everyone from Tazewell is made from sugar and spice, and everything nice. :rolleyes:

Vance was too valuable last year, and Cody was a solid offensive weapon thats why he started. Richlands always needs an athletic quarterback who can throw the ball, so Cody allowed Vance to focus on Defense. This coming year Vance will start over Lockhart because he is a much more athletic runner and playmaker. 3 yrs starting experience, Jack has started on Defense and thus a football player. He has all the experience he needs, now he is just ready to start making plays on offense like he has been on Defense. Pertaining to the Hess kid, I don't know anything about him. If he offers the athleticism at qb that Vance does, and that Lockhart lacks, then they may look to start him and isolate Jack to defense like last year. But between Vance and Lockhart I have no doubt in my mind that Vance will be asked to lead the offenese.

Also another a lil tid bit. Jack has played with most of these guys since little leage. So he commands their respect and compliance far more than the new chump from Tazewell does. Can't wait to see the replies I get from this post =]

Guest quispbird

I wouldn't tell anyone that from the way you act on here. What a jackarse you are.

Ok, here's your first reply... The QB job will be awarded based on performance during 7 on 7 and pre-season practice... Not on the Internet. Three players will compete for that position and the winner will be the best man for the job. Criticizing any of them here, former player or not, will not help the team whatsoever.

I'm a fan of all three and I hope they battle hard on the field and in the weight room all summer. It will make them better.

I've been looking forward to Jack being QB for a long time. The kids plays every game like it's his last. But at the same time I don't look forward to losing him on defense.

Reece is athletic and smart. Whether he gets the job this year or not, he will be the front runner next year.

I'm a friend of the Lockhart family and I can tell you right now Cody didn't come here expecting to just step in at QB. He's a good kid and a hard worker. If he starts it will be because he earned it.

All three QB candidates will be key members of the Blue Tornado baseball team this spring, and I'm sure they are all focused on that right now.

Vance was too valuable last year, and Cody was a solid offensive weapon thats why he started. Richlands always needs an athletic quarterback who can throw the ball, so Cody allowed Vance to focus on Defense. This coming year Vance will start over Lockhart because he is a much more athletic runner and playmaker. 3 yrs starting experience, Jack has started on Defense and thus a football player. He has all the experience he needs, now he is just ready to start making plays on offense like he has been on Defense. Pertaining to the Hess kid, I don't know anything about him. If he offers the athleticism at qb that Vance does, and that Lockhart lacks, then they may look to start him and isolate Jack to defense like last year. But between Vance and Lockhart I have no doubt in my mind that Vance will be asked to lead the offenese.

Also another a lil tid bit. Jack has played with most of these guys since little leage. So he commands their respect and compliance far more than the new chump from Tazewell does. Can't wait to see the replies I get from this post =]

soooooooooo? thats so funny last time i heard that i laughed so hard i fell off my dinosaur

Guest quispbird

Could be a 4 man race if Hess comes from abingdon.

That would be really interesting. Talk about having plenty of backups at the qb position.