2009-2010: The Winter It Never Stopped Snowing

Deleted Account

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Weather Chanel reported damage to buildings in "Taiswell County". Anyone know where?
Lots of trees down. Power out in many places. Many signs down including Hardees. The roof over the playground at McDonalds completely blown off and laying in the parking lot.

At 6:00 WVVA said 4400 homes were without power in Tazewell County.

That's a pretty large number, right at 1/3 of the county if memory serves me right.

I've measured about 8 inches off my front doorstep here in PA, though "officially" it's only 6.5.

The worst is yet to come: another 9-15 more.

That's a pretty large number, right at 1/3 of the county if memory serves me right.

I've measured about 8 inches off my front doorstep here in PA, though "officially" it's only 6.5.

The worst is yet to come: another 9-15 more.

in claypool hill at 12:30 it's still just raining? should i expect some snow? i have to be at work at 6 AM..

in claypool hill at 12:30 it's still just raining? should i expect some snow? i have to be at work at 6 AM..

They're still calling for 1-3 inches tonight and 4-8 total through tomorrow.

The roof over the playground at McDonalds

completely blown off and laying in the parking lot.

If you are talking about the one in Bluefield, VA, we took it off two weeks ago after the wind from the Christmas storm broke it loose from the foundation.

tazewell...it looks bad

GREAT! Now we can get rid of that Playland too...will help on our liability insurance costs...Mother Nature has really done us some favors this winter...that makes three...

GREAT! Now we can get rid of that Playland too...will help on our liability insurance costs...Mother Nature has really done us some favors this winter...that makes three...

A few years ago, when they were building the new McDonald's in Richlands, my nephew and I would drive by and he would try to predict where they would put the playland... Well when it opened there was no playland and his heart was broken. He loved McDonald's because of the playland (half the time he didn't even eat his food). McDonald's was built by kids! And now that the kids are being left out I hope they all blow away.

you're a mcdonalds man? haha

A few years ago, when they were building the new McDonald's in Richlands, my nephew and I would drive by and he would try to predict where they would put the playland... Well when it opened there was no playland and his heart was broken. He loved McDonald's because of the playland (half the time he didn't even eat his food). McDonald's was built by kids! And now that the kids are being left out I hope they all blow away.

With the maintenance costs and liability issues with the Playlands, more and more McD owners are getting rid of them...its not just us.