Official 2010 Atlanta Braves thread

bluefieldRocks

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't abandoned ship....just holding my breath lately....turning the channel when the lead in a game gets dicey....flipping back quickly to see if they got out of the situation with opposing runners on base...hoping Wags gets in to shut the door...and breathing a sigh of relief when the game is over. Run-ons.....what run-ons :D

Edited by trublue

I'm a little torn. I am headed to ATL tonight, and I have tickets for the games Saturday and Sunday. So while I would love for the Braves to clinch the wildcard, I would really like for them to wait until I can be in attendance.lol

Saturday would be a good day to clinch. Its a late afternoon game, televised on FOX...and its Bobby Cox Tribute Day. So, I'm kinda hoping the Braves and Padres both win tonight, that way we are at least guaranteed a one game playoff, but I will also have the chance to see the clincher.

I know, I'm selfish. lol

well its almost over for the braves just 1 more game to watch this season

Hopefully we can win tomorrow and at least salvage a 1 game play off. I was at the game today, and it was painful to watch. With everyone there in support of Bobby Cox, you could just feel the air rush out of the stadium after the Phills scored 4 runs in the 6th.

But on a positive note, the ceremonies for Bobby today were very nice. They had about an hour pregame ceremony with speeches from several people including Chipper, Shurholtz, and Bobby. They also had video tributes throughout the game from players (current and former), managers, and media personnel from all across MLB. There were probably about two dozen former players in attendance for the ceremony and game.

I was sitting in the all you can eat seats on the club level, and it just so happened that my section was next to the box that several of the former players and coaches were sitting in. And both sections shared the same lobby area. I was able to get pictures of Leo Mazzone, Brian Jordan, Andres Galarraga, and I was actually able to talk to Tim Spooneyberger. Turns our that Glavine and Maddox were also over there at some point during the game, but I missed them. Of course this was the one time I went to a game with out a sharpie and something to sign. I'll try to post some of the pics when I get home.

Over all it was a great day, even with the disappointing outcome.

The last two games proved what I felt was true the entire year, while improving Atlanta just isn't on the same level as the best in baseball yet. Of course, the injures haven't help at all. If Atlanta does stumble into the playoffs, I just pray they don't embarrass themselves by getting swept.

This sort of attitude among Braves fans is embarrassing. They're in a position to do what they haven't done in 4 years. Sure, they'll probably lose. But damn it, I'm going to cheer for them, right down until the final game.

Okay, Braves fans let's put our hands together.....clap-clap-clap-clap-clap clap-clap...... :)

blowing it...8-7 now in the 8th...wth?

3 outs to go...of course the Braves have to make it interesting....oh the drama lol.

Giants win and we are in right? Not really a baseball fan, but I used to be a huge Braves fan a few years ago. The game eventually got boring to me, but I still support them.

Right. The Braves are guaranteed at least one more game.

If San Fransisco wins, ATL wins the Wild Card outright.

If San Diego wins, then the Giants will come to ATL tomorrow night for the Wild Card play-in game.

actually if the padres win they will host the giants tomm for the west title and the loser of that game would travel to atlanta for the wild card game

Yep, you're right. Got ahead of myself there.

"Be still my heart"......whooooossshhhh..... air being released from holding my breath.

Did anyone else see in the ninth with Wags pitching and STRIKING OUT THE SIDE....the cameras panning the crowd ...the sign being held up by a fan......"Grundy, VA loves Billy Wagner".

The Braves are a rag-tag bunch right now with all the injuries.

the errors had better stop fast...thats what is killing the Braves right now...if they can just play some defense we might win some games.