Jmu-21, vt-16, final

Deleted Account

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can,t wait for the Velvetta after the Mad Dog. Did Boise beat them twice in one week? They'll be a lot of whining after this. Will VT become the next whine & cheese school? Please no excuses take it like a man.

This has to be one of the worst losses in VT history. I know the old fans talk about Temple, but this is five times worse.

1. What do you, the Hokie faithful, think about this?

2. Where does this upset rank all-time? It's not ASU-Michigan, but it's WAY up there...

No its not ASU-Michigan. It is way worse! I think App State won the Title in their division that year.

No excuses about this one.

Our defense absolutly sucked out there today, couldn't tackle anyone.

Brian Stinespring is an idiot, as we all know, and showed his idiot self again today.

Hats off to JMU, they had 0 turnovers and VT had 2.

JMU's huge running back.....WOW, he did very very well and ran strong.

JMU's quarterback had a big day too.

Again, hats off to JMU

No excuses from me. Tech was out-coached. The defense made too many costly mistakes and JMU just flat dominated the second half.

Yes, poor tackling was a factor, especially on JMU's first TD. Three Hokies had him short of a 1st down and not one could wrap him up. Three T.O.s in plus territory hurt too.

But first and foremost, full credit goes to JMU. They came out and executed and made no mistakes is really crappy weather.

No excuses about this one.

Our defense absolutly sucked out there today, couldn't tackle anyone.

Brian Stinespring is an idiot, as we all know, and showed his idiot self again today.

Hats off to JMU, they had 0 turnovers and VT had 2.

JMU's huge running back.....WOW, he did very very well and ran strong.

JMU's quarterback had a big day too.

Again, hats off to JMU

VT had 3 turnovers. And +1000 to everything else. JMU flat out whipped VT today. Worst VT effort since losing to Temple a long, long time ago...

VT will not win five games this season unless something MAJOR changes...

VT had 3 turnovers. And +1000 to everything else. JMU flat out whipped VT today. Worst VT effort since losing to Temple a long, long time ago...

VT will not win five games this season unless something MAJOR changes...

This team currently just isn't near as good as the media and coaches made them out to be. There is talent on the field, but they are not playing near to their potential. I had concerns about how much rebuilding had to be done to the defense, but didn't expect this.

At least VT didn't get a chance to punt today so they didn't have to run that risk of getting another one blocked.

Anyone that watched the game, either in-person or ESPN3, knows how horrendous the blocking was today. The majority of the rushing yards occurred only because the Tech backs and Taylor broke tackles or eluded defenders. I-AA James Madison got a rush on Taylor the entire afternoon with mostly FOUR MEN rushing. The play-calling was bland as usual and very predictable. I cannot wait to hear the various excuses from Beamer and his buddies. If this loss doesn't wake people up and create a change then nothing ever will.

I will agree with Beamer. I can't say the same for Foster. He is the only reason we've been what we've been for the last 4-5 years. When the offense hasn't been there, Foster's defense has. This year he's coaching with a lot of inexperience and youth, by game 5 I'm sure we'll look 20 times better.

am i the only one that notices that foster and beamer are way overrated as coaches??

Foster isn't overrated. He's continually maintained a top-level defense year after year, new faces after new faces. At some point, the defense is going to have a down year. The defense has carried the program for the past 5-6 years, when will the offense carry it's own wait? As for Beamer, loyalty has overridden his hunger to win at the highest level. He'd rather kept the status quo than achieve the ultimate success. This loss could be a positive for VT if it creates an uproar within the fan base and people start pulling $$$ until changes occur.

Edited by Bluefield_Rules

Can,t wait for the Velvetta after the Mad Dog. Did Boise beat them twice in one week? They'll be a lot of whining after this. Will VT become the next whine & cheese school? Please no excuses take it like a man.

A lot of people were counting their chickens on here before the season started. JMU has become hard to beat since Mathews became head coach. I think VT over looked them. Maybe it's time for Beamer ball to go away!!

Honestly I do not see Beamer being the head coach for much longer. That is just my opinion. Foster is a good defensive coordinator but I don't see him as being a good head coach in the future.

I realize that the majority of people calling for Beamer's and Foster's heads are mainly bandwagoners that have jumped aboard since 1999. I also realize they have no idea of the shape of the program before Beamer and the history of VT football prior to Beamer.

But to call for the head of a man that has taken a program to 17 straight bowls for a program that went to only 4 or 5 in the previous 90 years is utterly ridiculous. And Foster? Are you kidding? Yeah, Florida, Georgia and South Carolina pulled out all the stops to get him. He must be terrible.

For any VT fan who thinks the grass is greener on the other side, just look at the case of other successful orograms in the region before you make that assumption.

Phil Fulmer won a frickin national title at UT and came close to a couple of others. He was forced out and Lane Kiffin was brought in. How'd that work out? They are now being investigated by the NCAA and had to settle for their 4th or 5th choice for a new coach.

Don Nehlen was a legend at WVU and was basically forced out. RIch Rod had a few good years, but I don't know too many Mountaineers that would ever want him back. And lets not even mention Bill Stewart.

George Welsh turned UVa from a laughingstock into an exceptional program. A few 7 win seasons at the end of his career left Wahoos wanting for more. Enter Al Groh? Again, how'd that work out?

Granted, I think Frank is going to have to take a hard look at changing some of his philosophies and replacing a couple of staff members. But let's be honest, it's not like VT is going to bring in Nick Saban or Urban Meyer. For goodness sake, when Beamer almost took the UNC job, Weaver was rumored to be after Gary Darnell from Western Michigan.

So before you usher Beamer out the door, just remember, those who fail to understand their past are doomed to repeat it.