Falcons still better than Gate City

Falconman

Gee battleftbl you have won 3 games and you can talk garbage now? We will beat you all. I heard that the Tigers spiked the ball on 4th down from the 1 foot line. Heard that Honaker did a lot to beat themselves too. Glad that the kids down there are having success but we'll see if they can hang in a couple of weeks. Wait until the Devils get to smack you in the mouth. Wouldn't count on getting a win against Lebanon either.

Well. Abingdon has won " 1 " game and look at the way you guys talk ! How long has it been since you won a district title or a regional title or any kind of title ?

And yet " most " Abingdon fans talk like they have dominated everybody they played and won several titles.

You know, people wouldn't talk about Abingdon like they do if some of the fans showed a little more respect for their foes.

But I guess that's asking a little to much.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abingdon does not talk about the foes badly... only one or two on this do this. I have been reading this BS for two years.... And I find that one or two kids do the trash talking from Abingdon... but then again, there is one or two from Marion, Tazwell, Grundy, so on. So do not label everyone building a program up or destroying one.

If you participate in replying back to the people doing this... then you encourage it!

Correction.... Gate City has 4 State Titles not 3. 1970, 1974, 1997, and 2003.

If you read the whole thing i said,"When GC and Abingdon were in the same district!" I am very aware that GC has 4 titles, the latter in 2003 came while GC was a member of the single A Lonesome Pine District, which Abingdon was not a part of.

If you read the whole thing i said,"When GC and Abingdon were in the same district!" I am very aware that GC has 4 titles, the latter in 2003 came while GC was a member of the single A Lonesome Pine District, which Abingdon was not a part of.

Cha Ching! The man knows his Gate City!

I think the refs called the best game they could and did miss several calls both ways for Richlands and Abingdon. They have lost a lot of good refs the last year or two due to cutbacks on school atheletic budgets. They drive a long way to call games and don't get gas money. Hard to get the best out there when they break even sometimes due to gas prices and travel distances. Not to mention giving up Friday nights with family.

Now when it comes to Gate City and Abingdon and which is best, PLAY GATE CITY AND YOU MAY GET YOU'RE ANSWER. If they did try to pick you up on the schedule and Abingdon turned them down, you probably should not tute you're horn about being better. Gate City is the best single A game around here for points in State pairings. Gate City was better than the final score showed with Richlands and its hard to compare teams by common oponents. Gate City will run it down you're throat and make you like it if you don't have some very good big boys up front. Abingdon has a very good quaterback. I would put my money on physical play of Gate City over Abingdon but it should be a good game. PLAY EACH OTHER.

We'll see...we'll see. Gate City is a different animal. We're hopeful, not dumb. We'll go into that game and give everything we have, and let the chips fall where they may. I dont expect anyone to challenge gate city within the district this year though. You also dont see me on here making foolish statements that we're better than Gate City. Gate City is kind of the model for what we're trying to be, and we know we have a long way to go. We are however, putting in the time and work, and moving in the right direction.

As for Lebanon, that will be a very winnable game for us. We cant make mistakes, and will have to play 4 complete quarters, but it will be a battle. Alot can happen between now and then though.

We're worried about PH first, and then Abingdon. One game at a time.

See you in a few weeks.

you all will get there, don't worry. It sounds like your kids are hard at work. Bust Abingdon in the mouth please

While leaving the game Friday I over heard a parent from abing. Say that's ok we will go up to tazewell and whoop some a$$. I told him not to count his chickens before they hatch never ever pulled for tazewell but please if your going to win a district game do it Friday they do not recpect anyone. And that opinion comes from the actions of people at the game in person not this site and a few idiots.

Ohhhh! Sometimes I am bad at reading.

Well i read a reply that said abingdon gave richlands a game, 43-14 isnt really a game in my opinion its more like a a$$ kickin lmao. And i guarantee that GC would roll the almighty falcons, you falcons are nothing but disrespectful to your opponents and you just talk trash.

Big deal you guys can beat up teams like PH wow, good for you it doesnt take to much to do that, now i played for PH but im jus bein honest, and i hope to god that Battle smacks yall right in the mouth in a few weeks, maybe thatll teach yall to put up or shut up, but like i said GC would roll you guys and just because they lost to Richlands by 2 more points than yall did, has nothing to do with whether the falcons are better than them.

If you knew any better you dont compare scores in football and if you falcons are so confident that you are better than GC maybe yall would have put them on the schedule instead of saying no and tucking your tails between yalls legs.

And i dont see why the falcons think that they are so great ive never heard of them going to the playoffs or winning the SWD or a regional title, now they might have went to the playoffs but i really dont know.

But best of luck to John S. Battle please go and whip up on the falcons.

After reading these post about how Abingdon is better than Gate City.I made a call to a long time friend who just happens to be the AD at Gate City,I ask him why he did not try and Schedule the Falcons?"He said that Coach houesright and he are working on Schedule for the next 2 years and they have called Abingdon high Schools AD and they REFUSE to even talk about playing Gate City." Gate City will pick up JJ Kelly and Sullivan North next year.The south series will continue.Bluefeild is still up in the air if it is not renewed looks like it will (more than likely) be Carroll County added to the Schedule.. After all this said I Guess it just goes to show that the mighty mighty falcons are just don't want any part of the Blue Devils of Gate City ....................

Why would they schedule an Automatic loss in Gate City, when they could play Twin Valley, Northwood, or Pound instead??? *nothing against those 3 schools, just going through some tough times right now*

That is a great statement considering that you all open up with Twin Springs. We can talk about your non-district schedule if you would like. I wish that you all were in the SWD, which by the way, your enrollment is equal or greater than some of those schools that are in the SWD.

That is a great statement considering that you all open up with Twin Springs. We can talk about your non-district schedule if you would like. I wish that you all were in the SWD, which by the way, your enrollment is equal or greater than some of those schools that are in the SWD.

Huge Difference. Battle D2 TS D1. AHS D4 most of their out of district opponents D1 and D2.

Battle needs those D1 and D2 teams to build confidence in their team since they are in rebuilding mode. Abingdon has been playing teams D2 and D1 for years and still cant get it together. Since this is Battles second year with their coach and it looks like they are moving in the right direction I see their schedule getting stronger next year. I am also one of the few here that hope the Falcons get better. I know people here talk about how AHS fans think they are the bomb but not all of them think that way. I have a guy here that sends me Abingdon updates every Friday and he does not act that way. He is a very good person. I look at it like this. If AHS gets better SWVA Football as a whole gets better!

You're Division 4, we're Division 2. Thats a huge difference first of all.

Im still betting on Twin Springs winning the Cumberland district, btw.

Im still betting on Honaker winning the Black Diamond District. Holston is coming off of 2 straight region C titles. The county will always force us to play PH. Castlewood will be off the schedule as of next year, and from what I'm hearing we tried to set up a game with Elizabethon but the schedules wouldnt work out for next year. I'm guessing that will be coming very soon though. We're already playing them in JV starting this season. I'm hearing a game with either Radford or Sullivan North will be the replacement for Castlewood. As you'll soon see over the next few years, the schedule will get tougher and tougher as the program gets better and better. We want to get to the point we're we'll go anywhere, at anytime, and play anyone.

On the other hand, in 3-5 years, Abingdon will still be scheduling D1 teams out of district play...Getting beat by 50 within district play....and still running their mouths and acting like they actually play football up there.

I'll say this one more time....Hopefully this year, but definatly next, Your time will soon be up of beating up on poor little John Battle. Its about time for Abingdon to be the whipping boy.

Edited by battleftbl

Why would they schedule an Automatic loss in Gate City, when they could play Twin Valley, Northwood, or Pound instead??? *nothing against those 3 schools, just going through some tough times right now*

well from some of the post on here, they don't think its a Automatic loss. I was saying what i know and Gate City tried many times to get them on the Schchedule and they refuse.

well from some of the post on here, they don't think its a Automatic loss. I was saying what i know and Gate City tried many times to get them on the Schchedule and they refuse.

I was being sarcastic toward a couple of abingdon fans on here.

Good info that you got. Notice that no Abingdon fan has said anything back to you.

While leaving the game Friday I over heard a parent from abing. Say that's ok we will go up to tazewell and whoop some a$$. I told him not to count his chickens before they hatch never ever pulled for tazewell but please if your going to win a district game do it Friday they do not recpect anyone. And that opinion comes from the actions of people at the game in person not this site and a few idiots.

It doesn't matter what you think! Tazewell will not compete with us on Friday. Sorry to disappoint! ;)

Isn't that what you said about Richlands? The dirty turds had better not take Tazewell lightly. Stranger things have happened.

I thought we played well against the all mighty Richlands. If we had a couple more breaks-who knows? Oh well, lets move on to Tazewell and this game should be a lot of fun for the Falcons. Have you ever seen a Falcon eat a Bulldog? :confused: