Tazewell vs. Abingdon

Ryan4VT

Im suprised there isnt a thread about this already. Whats everyones thought. Abingdon is better than the collective board give them credit for. And Taz is looking to gain much needed confidence. Its Homecoming for the Dawgs, maybe upset? I know with Richlands off this is where I will be Friday night.

Abingdon 31 Taz 21

Abingdons defense especially their run D was better then I thought it would be. The offense didn't do much, but it'll take a very good team to move the ball regularly against the blues D.

They ( the falcons ) have a very good kicker also, both punting and place kicking which can win a game or 2.

I would like to see the young dogs win this game but I just don't see it happening.

I may go and check this one out also.

Abingdon 35 Tazewell 13

It will be interesting to see what our defense does as we havent really faced any passing teams. Lebanon was fairly balenced otherwise CC and GC were heavy on the run. I think they can keep it closer than a few of the games this year. All I can say is go Dawgs and play your hardest.

Im suprised there isnt a thread about this already. Whats everyones thought. Abingdon is better than the collective board give them credit for. And Taz is looking to gain much needed confidence. Its Homecoming for the Dawgs, maybe upset? I know with Richlands off this is where I will be Friday night.

Abingdon 31 Taz 21

Lol you should come down to marion and watch the graham Vs marion game! its gonna be a good one!

Dawgs gives up at least 30 pts a game.This week is no difference their coaches are not getting along and this causes problems.Falcons 42 Dawgs 6.Bulldog52 the dawgs need you to put a stop to all the bitching between the coaching staff.It time for you to speak up to the great leaders of Tazewell High and put a stop to this for the kids. It seems your the only one left that really cares.

Keep thinking like that and Tazewell will come away with the W.

I have seen both play this year and he is probably right as bad as I would like for tazewell to have a chance they just aren't very good

It will be a struggle for us this Friday. We will be pumped up its homecoming week. We will come out and play hard on emotion, but that can only carry you so far, then talent takes over. We have so many young players playing both ways. But as usual I will be there in the stands becasue I'm not a fair weather fan.

It will be a struggle for us this Friday. We will be pumped up its homecoming week. We will come out and play hard on emotion, but that can only carry you so far, then talent takes over. We have so many young players playing both ways. But as usual I will be there in the stands becasue I'm not a fair weather fan.

I echo that completely.

I don't know about anything going on between coaches but like any good bleacher coach I do see some things I would change! LOL

All we can do is hope for the best and never forget any game is winable. Just can't give up or quit because the other team may be over looking you. Just ask Richlands back in 03...

True we will take another one on the chin this week but coaches and fans have to stay positive and look for good things. I know it is hard to stay positive when we give up 40 points a week but we have to be encouraging so that the kids come back next year.

True we will take another one on the chin this week but coaches and fans have to stay positive and look for good things. I know it is hard to stay positive when we give up 40 points a week but we have to be encouraging so that the kids come back next year.

I have to say I have been pleased with fan turnout so far I really didn't think as many would be out there as there were for the CC game. Will see what happens on the later games at home. Also helps that our away games aren't to far away.

We have to keep showing our support regardless. I have been documenting the away crowds (or home if we are away) and we consistantly have more than them over the past few years. The only exception I can say to that is Richlands.

What does it say to your team when fans don't show up?

I show up at Tazewell games to support the young men who are out there giving their best each week. We as fans should appreciate their effort and encourage them at every opportunity. They are young, and taking their licks, but if they stick with it good things are coming.

I show up at Tazewell games to support the young men who are out there giving their best each week. We as fans should appreciate their effort and encourage them at every opportunity. They are young, and taking their licks, but if they stick with it good things are coming.

Now if only more fans were like us...:)

Bigrhsfan mentioned something that I have forgot to write on these forums is Abingdon's punter. WOW can this kid really boot the ball. I was really impressed the other night during the Richlands game. He sure did get some extra practice in that night for sure punting the ball. :)

Hell I'm proud of the Ole Dawgs win or lose! I just hope they don't tie my season record back in 96 and 97!

I know in the 1997 season when we played you guys at Abingdon, it was an ugly game. One of your linebackers made a comment after a play to me when we were on offense. I was the QB going back to the huddle when he said something and of course I jawed something back. While under center for the next play I was going through the cadence looking over to my left and out of absolutey no where came the linebacker through our offensive line (still set of course because the ball wasn't snapped) and knocked me on my back almost for a flip. A brawl almost happened and one of my running backs picked me off the ground so I couldn't go after him. My coach wasn't happy with me as well. One of my funny high school football memories from Abingdon. :) Anywho, have a good one guys. Can't remember the score, but do know we won that one by a pretty good margain.

Be safe out there guys.

EW

I know in the 1997 season when we played you guys at Abingdon, it was an ugly game. One of your linebackers made a comment after a play to me when we were on offense. I was the QB going back to the huddle when he said something and of course I jawed something back. While under center for the next play I was going through the cadence looking over to my left and out of absolutey no where came the linebacker through our offensive line (still set of course because the ball wasn't snapped) and knocked me on my back almost for a flip. A brawl almost happened and one of my running backs picked me off the ground so I couldn't go after him. My coach wasn't happy with me as well. One of my funny high school football memories from Abingdon. :) Anywho, have a good one guys. Can't remember the score, but do know we won that one by a pretty good margain.

Be safe out there guys.

EW

That linebacker wasn't number 52 was he...cause that would be hilarious!

Hell I'm proud of the Ole Dawgs win or lose! I just hope they don't tie my season record back in 96 and 97!

I was on those teams too! No fun when it came time for parents night and they were on the field with us, there was no one in the stands.

I can't remember the number...:) looking back, it was freaking hilarious. It wasn't at the time because it was as cheap as a shot as you could take. Just think, a QB under center, doing his thing and then pow, he is on the ground. No one else moved but the LB and me hitting the ground. :) It was an obvious retaliation hit from the previous play. I do remember the comment I made back to him previous to the cheap shot...."look at the score board dumb@%%!" :)