Schedules for next year?

Jason

We all have been reading about Richlands schedule changes. What are any others throughout Virginia and West Virginia?

Gate City looks to be no longer playing Tazewell or Appalachia next year and are in talks with JJ Kelly and Sullivan North. I read where another poster here said the Bluefield game is still up in air. I hope that game stays as is.

Since it looks like the GC vs. Tazewell game will be no more do any Bulldog fans know what their schedule will look like next season?

We all have been reading about Richlands schedule changes. What are any others throughout Virginia and West Virginia?

Gate City looks to be no longer playing Tazewell or Appalachia next year and are in talks with JJ Kelly and Sullivan North. I read where another poster here said the Bluefield game is still up in air. I hope that game stays as is.

Since it looks like the GC vs. Tazewell game will be no more do any Bulldog fans know what their schedule will look like next season?

I wonder also who will be picked up in place of Grundy as well?

I have heard that the Graham will stay on the schedule even with them dropping down.

No doubt about that!!!

Bring Bluefield back on Richlands schedule!!!

100% agree. Honaker needs to be the benefit game. We need to bring in a high caliber team in their place, such as Bluefield, Cburg, Anybody like that. Bluefield being the best choice.

y'all are forgetting... 1/3 of the benefit game gate goes to the VHSL; keep the game in the reg. season and keep that extra $ here.

I was thinking the reason was ratings points. Honaker could get more points for a win over anyone than a loss to Richlands. But it looks like they're solidly in Div. 1, which SHOULD be losing teams next year, so they wouldn't need to worry about ratings.

EXCEPT... A changed the format, so they're fighting D AND half of C for a high seed and an extra home game or 2. Anyway, that's my thinking.

Back on topic... I wonder how much sheduling has been done in Reg. D since a final decision hasn't been made yet about Appy, Coeburn & St. Paul.

I'm thinking that's why there's so little talk this year... (not just here, but the other boards, too)... not much has been done yet.

Battle is dropping Honaker and Castlewood and picking up Sullivan Central and Volunteer (may be dropping one or two others and picking up Elizabethton and someone else).

Why are they picking up so many Tenn. teams next year. I can understand with where your located that you would want to play a game or 2 against a Tenn team, but 3 or 4 ? Not saying it's wrong or anything, each school has to do what it thinks is best for them. I'm just trying to figure out why, when there are several A teams in our area ?

I think we are just going to play Central and Volunteer. Not really sure on the others. Coach Witten of course has connections with all those area schools and probably just wants to play them. He gets really excited and dreams big, but most importantly, he can make it happen. I guess he really wants to step up the competition too. Should be interesting.

I dont know for sure but I assume Haysi will be be dropping Giles(long trip), Sullivan North(long trip), and maybe Castlewood(seems like we only play them 2 years at a time) and Thomas Walker(long trip). I wouldnt mind seeing Tom Walker and Castlewood stay on the schedule but I would like to see Giles and North off it. I would like to see Giles and North replaced with JJ Kelly and Powell Valley and if TW and Castlewood end up off the schedule see them replaced with Coeburn and St Paul. Maybe a KY or WV school or two.

Wonder if Graham could pull off the 5-5 (5-0) next year?

From the looks of that schedule, definitely looks possible...

I'm not sure they could win three games this season vs. that schedule...Galax, Fort Chiswell, and Grayson Co. would definitely give them all they want...

You think going 2-8 or 3-7 vs. that schedule next season might be enough to grant Graham fans' wish????

I think we are just going to play Central and Volunteer. Not really sure on the others. Coach Witten of course has connections with all those area schools and probably just wants to play them. He gets really excited and dreams big, but most importantly, he can make it happen. I guess he really wants to step up the competition too. Should be interesting.

I forgot about coach Witten being from down that way.