Gate City at Bluefield,WV

LegendatLegion

What are everyone's thoughts on this game. GC is in pretty good form now and seems to be pretty healthy, Bluefield seems to be the same. I notice they are throwing a few new wrinkles in on offense the last week or so. Are the Beavers and their fans fired up for this rematch, or is it just business as usual and another football game? I expect a really good game again this year, who will enforce their will upon the other?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Gate City's power game and their D, but I think Bluefield has too much speed and too many athletes for them this week.

If Gate City is able to run the ball and keep it away from Bluefields offense then it could be closer then some think, but I still think that the Beavers win.

Bluefield should win this by 10+

Gate City returns 15 players from a team that beat Bluefield by 2 tds...I'm not as convinced as the rest of you that Bluefield is the superior team.

Edited by parsons

tight game, Bluefield is a great team and so are we, ill pick us by 3 points. Just because of ball control. i cant give a prediction on the score, we can light some scoreboards up and then others are just kind of like... you know. haha should be a great game

Did Bluefield have Levi Beckett for the game last year???

Nope, and Patterson left after only a play or two. It's a "Pride" game for Bluefield. I honestly feel this game will tell me whether or not this Bluefield team has what it takes to make it back to Wheeling.

Nope, and Patterson left after only a play or two. It's a "Pride" game for Bluefield. I honestly feel this game will tell me whether or not this Bluefield team has what it takes to make it back to Wheeling.

Wrong, bluefield had patterson for the entire game agaimst GC last year because he had a couple of penaties called on him in the second half

Wrong, bluefield had patterson for the entire game agaimst GC last year because he had a couple of penaties called on him in the second half

Patterson suffered a concussion last year against CCD and I'm pretty sure he played sparingly against Gate City due to continuing effects. I was told by someone that attended the game that he didn't play in the second half.

From the BDT last year...says Patterson sat out a game and a half after getting injured in the CCD game. He did not play the second half of CCD and did not play at all vs. Gate City...

http://bdtonline.com/localsports/x546087897/All-business?keyword=topstory

Patterson is #31 right? Well he played the whole game,I just finished watching the game from last year and he started the game and was in at the end. He played the whole game.

Patterson is #31 right? Well he played the whole game,I just finished watching the game from last year and he started the game and was in at the end. He played the whole game.

That is what I thought. I knew I remembered him playing most of the game