Biggest surprise..

wave316

What was the biggest surprise of this week of Friday night football? Haysi clobbering Castlewood 41-7, Eastern Montgomery 50-21 over Radford, Carrol County dominating Abingdon... Is Eastern Montgomery that good or did Radford have a bad night???:)

What was the biggest surprise of this week of Friday night football? Haysi clobbering Castlewood 41-7, Eastern Montgomery 50-21 over Radford, Carrol County dominating Abingdon... Is Eastern Montgomery that good or did Radford have a bad night???:)

I'll go with the EastMont win over Radford. I wondered the same thing about EM when i saw that score. Looks like we might have found the Region C Division 1 champ.

Also seeing Cave Spring dominate Salem 34-6 was a surprise to me as well.

Why would Carroll Co. dominating Abingdon a surprise??? At Carroll Co., Carroll Co. being the better team....don't let the Abingdon "talk" fool you...

I'll go with the EastMont win over Radford. I wondered the same thing about EM when i saw that score. Looks like we might have found the Region C Division 1 champ.

Also seeing Cave Spring dominate Salem 34-6 was a surprise to me as well.

Agree on both...

Why would Carroll Co. dominating Abingdon a surprise??? At Carroll Co., Carroll Co. being the better team....don't let the Abingdon "talk" fool you...

Not surprised by Carrol CO. winning the game,but surprised at the score spread,figured the Falcons would have scored a few more points. No disrespect to CC. Where are falconMAN and Southbound tonight?

Cave spring/Salem for me. Not that they won, but it sounds like they just dominated Salem and you don't hear that to often !

Salem played tonight with 6 starters out via flu per WDBJ. That kinda sheds some light on it.

Where are falconMAN and Southbound tonight?

They always have to lick each other’s feathers after a “hard fought loss”, like they did after the Richlands “squeaker”.

Edited by blueinbama

I'll add another surprise IMO, I was surprised that Pulaski hung with C'burg! If not for a bad call, this game may have went the other way. PC was driving inside the C'burg 20-yardline with score 14 all when they threw a pass, which was ruled as being behind the line and C'burg recovered and advanced deep into PC territory, scoring 2 or 3 plays later. Even the C'burg radio crew said the ruling by the official was obviously incollect. This made it 21-14 C'burg just before half with C'burg getting the ball to start 2nd half. This call had to be a real motivation killer for PC!

Salem played tonight with 6 starters out via flu per WDBJ. That kinda sheds some light on it.

Well that would help explain it. Missing 6 starters from a game against a team the quality of Cave Spring.

Cave spring/Salem for me. Not that they won, but it sounds like they just dominated Salem and you don't hear that to often !

This was a big win for Cave, but as bad as hate to take up for Salem, they had 6 or 7 starter out for this game plus Cave did have 2 weeks to get ready for this game!

For me its EM/Radford, maybe Reg C can put up a fight against the Reg D this year, they did last year for the first time in several years.

I thought Haysi would beat Castlewood but I didnt think it would be that bad

For me its EM/Radford, maybe Reg C can put up a fight against the Reg D this year, they did last year for the first time in several years.

I thought Haysi would beat Castlewood but I didnt think it would be that bad

yeah the haysi game got nasty quick

It really did, just goes to show what this team can do when they are focused!

Haysi took their first posession in for a touchdown with ease and it just got worse from there! This is the offense I thought Haysi would have this year, multiple formations, run heavy play calling with 5-6 different backs carrying the ball, a solid passing game and Derrick Blair at the center of it all, doing a little bit of everything.

Castlewoods offense didnt make alot of sense. They ran split backs(backs were close together) all they ran was dive either to the HB or the FB, every now and then they would run keeper off of the dive. They werent running option(they were faking it) but the Qb wasnt reading the defense just handing off. There RB was a TOUGH runner, as strong a runner as any ive seen this season or in the past few, not fast or agile but hard nosed and never quit churning his legs. I cant understand why they didnt run an offense with a blocker in front of him(I, Power I, Wildcat, something)? They were a scrappy bunch (always are) and never gave up. Haysis second team Offense played most of the 2nd half, the defense was a 1st/2nd mix. Castlewoods score did come against the 1st D, but it was in the 2nd half when the game was well in hand.

Edited by redtiger

I'll add another surprise IMO, I was surprised that Pulaski hung with C'burg! If not for a bad call, this game may have went the other way. PC was driving inside the C'burg 20-yardline with score 14 all when they threw a pass, which was ruled as being behind the line and C'burg recovered and advanced deep into PC territory, scoring 2 or 3 plays later. Even the C'burg radio crew said the ruling by the official was obviously incollect. This made it 21-14 C'burg just before half with C'burg getting the ball to start 2nd half. This call had to be a real motivation killer for PC!

Pulaski is headed back up watch out for them in 2-3 years.