GPS Failure

southbound

As I typed in the shortest distance to Grundy on Friday evening, my adrenaline was kicked in as I thought the Falcons would pull the upset. My travels brought me to a little town called Honaker and that is where my trip got interesting. My GPS went out and I immediately began to panic. Here is Southbound in a little hicktown with no idea where Grundy High School is. I stopped and ask an elderly man for directions, he was riding a horse along the road. Wow! He told me to go toward a little community called Sorge Creek and keep going and I would come out at a place called "The Raven". Then there would be signs leading me to Grundy from there. Well, this helped and I found my way to the game. I was a little late and someone told me that I missed some singing and tailgaiting. Oh well, I'm sure it is nothing like the Falcons do for a home game anyway.

Speaking of the game, I was so disappointed that the Falcons came up short. I wanted to congratulate the Grundy team on their win. Everyone on here knows that I would never make any excuses, but the officials were awful and maybe costed us the game. The last touchdown #21 ran for Grundy should have been called back. There was at least 2 holds on the play. On our last possession, the time keeper kept running extra seconds off the clock and their defensive players were tackling our receivers. On the last play, we had a receiver get knocked down in the end zone. Not to mention the bogus pass interference call on us to allow them to score the last touchdown too. There are so many iffy calls that go against the Falcons during most games anyway. Well, I am proud of the Falcons 2 long trips (Carroll & Grundy) and we fought back like true champions in this game.

We will get back to Falcon Field this week against the hated Va High Bearcats. I think the Falcons will be victorious this week for sure. Someone said the Bearcats had only won 2 games this year.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Woolybugger
... the officials were awful and maybe costed us the game...

We sended them up from Hillsville. Same ones that costed you the game down here.

you forgot to mention Grundy watered down Abingdon's half of the field...

Now that you mention it-I noticed the Falcons were slipping a lot in the first half. They seemed to adjust their cleats at halftime. I am not one to make excuses just calling it like I see it. Thanks for letting me know this Lance-it makes sense to me know.

There were bad calls both ways. That's just the way it goes in high school sports in general. Some people just done realize it.

I didn't think it was bad either way...refs did a pretty good job I thought.

The only dissapointment in your entire story is that you found your way back to a computer, to continue posting on this board.........Other than that, everything else was great. lol

Well I for one hope these Abingdon posters never leave. Many times they are great comedic entertainment in an otherwise boring day.

I was wondering where you guys were, Dad thought you guys might have wrecked. Better late than never. I thought the Falcons fought til the end, um Grundy is a good team. I think Grundy gives Richlands a tough time. Richlands is not the Juggernaut that evey1 thinks, especially on the road. (Remember Falcon Hill) They have to go to Grundy too, and you know I said it Friday that the Lighting there is horrible. I thought we struggled to pick up on the ball in the first half. Lets face it, Richlands can't run the ball and will struggle in the passing game just like my Falcons did. Thats why I think, Grundy gives em a real game. Grundy isn't a bad team, I still think we are better, but their not bad. I think if the lighting was better, we win that game.

I was wondering where you guys were, Dad thought you guys might have wrecked. Better late than never. I thought the Falcons fought til the end, um Grundy is a good team. I think Grundy gives Richlands a tough time. Richlands is not the Juggernaut that evey1 thinks, especially on the road. (Remember Falcon Hill) They have to go to Grundy too, and you know I said it Friday that the Lighting there is horrible. I thought we struggled to pick up on the ball in the first half. Lets face it, Richlands can't run the ball and will struggle in the passing game just like my Falcons did. Thats why I think, Grundy gives em a real game. Grundy isn't a bad team, I still think we are better, but their not bad. I think if the lighting was better, we win that game.

Richlands rolls the rest of the regular season, just like they did in Atown. Against our first team the closest anyone has come to us is 31 points and that was GC.

did you also notice they let the grass grow out extra long to slow you guys down? That was my idea...I told Coach Compton to take the goats off the field while we were on our road trip tour of SWVA the last 5 weeks so it could grow out...worked like a charm.

GPS, SAT...you've got a whole alphabet full of excuses. "Sorge Creek"??? Where the heck is "Sorge Creek"??? Get off your GPass and learn how to read a map but please don't try to fold it, that's beyond your intelligence level...

GPS, SAT...you've got a whole alphabet full of excuses. "Sorge Creek"??? Where the heck is "Sorge Creek"??? Get off your GPass and learn how to read a map but please don't try to fold it, that's beyond your intelligence level...

those old school maps you get at the Flying J are impossible to fold back correctly Gman...you know this....lol.

Where you there? No, the lights were dim! Dad, said we ought to file a complaint with the District.

Sorge Creek is near Honaker-why don't you look it up? I can promise you this, my GPS will be working fine when we come to Bluefield and lay a GPS whipping on your G-Girls! :D