Grundy Golden Wave

Rhschamps04

Your right the xfrs do help the Blues. Did not say that. But the Blues could stomp Grundy without any xfrs. We could give you all the xfrs and still beat you by 40+ points. We beat most of the xfrs when they where on other teams anyway. Don't see why it would make a difference if they played for you.

It's just hard to set back and take a loosing teams coach taking a shot at your team. And thats what he did. You can say he didn't mean it that way but you know he did. If it was Mance taking a shot at Grundy you would prob. be the first one on here running your mouth about it! And for these kids who came to Richlands they did it on there own. Some because they wanted to win and some just moved back to there families. And FYI a parent from Grundy asked a RHS parent about his kids coming to RHS. I guess he figured out Grundy sucks!

We may not make it to state but one thing is for sure we will go farther than you!

good god...took you 30 min to come up with that? what are you slow or something? lol.

RHS1987

Tiny-Mite

Last Activity: Today 07:30 PM

Current Activity: Replying to Thread Grundy Golden Wave

anyway...if that's the best you can come up with, then i'll just say "ok"...you obviously don't have much of a clue.

good luck, and I would hope with most of the best players from around the area coming to play for you, that you would go a lot farther than Grundy goes...no reason you shouldn't.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good god...took you 30 min to come up with that? what are you slow or something? lol.

RHS1987

Tiny-Mite

Last Activity: Today 07:30 PM

Current Activity: Replying to Thread Grundy Golden Wave

anyway...if that's the best you can come up with, then i'll just say "ok"...you obviously don't have much of a clue.

good luck, and I would hope with most of the best players from around the area coming to play for you, that you would go a lot farther than Grundy goes...no reason you shouldn't.

Sorry to find out your really just another smart ass with a computer. I hope to see you some time!

In defense of Coach Rowe, I will state the following FACT regarding outside players at Richlands.

Three or four seasons ago, Twin Valley played Big Creek at TV, following the game, several members of the Richlands football staff were waiting on the track to "meet and greet" with three young men from Big Creek. Sure they transferred to Richlands, but Proselyting was taking place, no doubt about it!

So Mance and the coaching staff went to Big Creek and met with Devon when he was a 7th grader and Austin when he was in 8th grade? As well as the QB from last year when he was just a freshman?

I have to agree with Lance on this one without Lockhard and the others that have transfered in im not sure we are as good as we are now. If you do not see that then you all have done lost your minds. I will say that once they came to Richlands they go from tazewell,Big Creek, players etc to Richlands players. Im sure what coach was trying to say was they are good year in and year out and kids are transfering in making them even better and that got twisted a little bit or taken out of context for what was really being said which is something that can be done when you read something in the paper. To the Richlands guys on here talking about us giving them a beating and thumping there chest we have won NOTHING yet the season has just started my friends and we should calm it down with the chest thumping Im as Richlands fan probably a bigger Richlands fan than any of you shouting to the mountain tops that we are untouchable or whatever let me tell you my friends at any point we can get beat thats why i always try not to say to much and let the players do the talking on the field were it counts.

So Mance and the coaching staff went to Big Creek and met with Devon when he was a 7th grader and Austin when he was in 8th grade? As well as the QB from last year when he was just a freshman?

It was the year before they came i know that one for a fact.

In defense of Coach Rowe, I will state the following FACT regarding outside players at Richlands.

Three or four seasons ago, Twin Valley played Big Creek at TV, following the game, several members of the Richlands football staff were waiting on the track to "meet and greet" with three young men from Big Creek. Sure they transferred to Richlands, but Proselyting was taking place, no doubt about it!

What Rowe said can be taken two ways, he was stating the obvious, something that nobody else has the guts to state, or he was simply saying that they are already good enough not too mention the transfers making them even better (maybe he shouldn't have said anything he is his own man, others may have bit their tongue, who cares?). It isn't ours to pass judgment on the intent of his comments.

I would heavily discourage anyone from making disparaging remarks or comments about the players of any team. However, Coach only stated the obvious, Richlands is good and they are even better with these kids. He didn't ridicule anyone, didn't talk bad about anyone, in fact he complimented the team.

If this comment makes Coach Rowe classless, then what would folks be saying if he met the kids from Richlands after the game and started discussing "possibilities about their future?"

All hell would break loose! and everyone on this board knows it to be the truth!

Fact is ................."you reap what you sow!"

(could care less who transferred to Richlands in the past or in the future, if a parent wants to move his kid, more power to them, exposure is good for any athlete and RHS gets plenty of it, but lets don't pretend that there isn't an elephant in the room!)

If I were from Richlands, I would leave it alone. They do not want too many people to start digging around. If a kid can not get into to a Virginia college as an in state student because he has a West Virginia address, but played all year in Richlands does not make the mind wonder. As for the others that wanted to go to the promise land, good for them. Bluefield still needs games next year. Do not drive by us to go to Patrick County.

Sorry to find out your really just another smart ass with a computer. I hope to see you some time!

i'm not hard to find man, if thats where you are going with it..step on up. i use my real name here, i'm at every grundy game, biggest guy with a camera is me...can't miss me brother....once Grundy is out of the playoffs, i will still be going to richlands games or someone else...probably richlands...so if you want to go there with it, by all means feel free to do so, i've got bail money lol. Come on up and talk to me, you might actually like me if you met me, I might like you...hell, I might let you date my sister...who knows.

kinda like the Richlands guy that was shouting for Mance to "don't let up" and all that stuff...or the Tazewell guys in the stands screaming "Assholes" at our kids as we were trying to get to the locker room...or the guys at CC that scream stuff at you as you walk out of the locker rooms towards the field....or the kids at Va High that run behind the visitors side yelling "Grundy Sucks"....or the people in Hurley that scream "F* Grundy" ....or....the list goes on...it happens everywhere you go...seems to be getting worse as time goes by....or at least it seems like it to me anyway.

All I can tell you, and everyone else is "don't be that guy"...and if you are friends with or know "that guy"...tell him to shut his mouth he's making the rest of us look bad.

People overall just don't seem to have much sense anymore for whatever reason...and they sure don't know how to act....it's sad.

The ASSHOLE chants weren't towards the kids, it was towards your coach for hitting on kids! But come on, I waiting for you to tell me I was just seeing things!!!!

I remember back around 2005-2006 when Grundy had three transfers from Hurley, Lester, Justus and one other great athlete. Did Rowe recruit them ?

those were banner teams at Grundy now weren't they? lol. Let's at least talk apples to apples here.

Theo's dad worked at the hospital, which you can hit with a rock from Grundy High...who is Lester? and who is the other "great" you speak of?

05 and 06 were horrible teams for Grundy..bad example lol.

The ASSHOLE chants weren't towards the kids, it was towards your coach for hitting on kids! But come on, I waiting for you to tell me I was just seeing things!!!!

i stand corrected, and yes you were just seeing things...lol.

you happy now?

This is the second time in two weeks that some Richlands fans have been overly sensitive. The irony to me is that it comes from some of the more politically correct posters on this site. Coach Rowe's comments were borderline at worst and innocent at best. I didn't see anything blatantly malicious and to call him classless sounds a little pious to me..............and since when does a team need bulletin board material to prepare for a team they just beat by 42?

Havent been on here in a long time but I as well want to say it was sad that Friday was/could be the last time Grundy and Richlands will be playing each other in football as that legacy and rivalry has come to an end. I always loved watching and playing against Grundy because you knew it was going to be a 4 quarter ballgame. It sucks the enrollments in this end of the state have dropped to now cause this rivalry to end but i guess it was bound to happen, who knows though, Richland may possibly be making its way to Single A in years to come. Respect to all Grundy fans, players, and coaches and wish them the best and honestly hope Richlands doesnt have to play Grundy again, b/c i know personally how hard it is to play a team twice in one year (Ex. Richlands vs Graham 2005 regoin championship game) which came down to final possession to determine game as earlier in the year we beat graham 30-0 so people saying would put MORE points on Grundy second go around, on turf, and at home- i may regret saying this but you're crazy. I would go as far as saying the difference would at least be two td's or less. And one last thing, as far as "if we didnt have the big creek boyz or lockhart that richlands wouldnt and may not have won this year or be undefeated", i will say this, there are true blue players on that team that are not transfers and that have played in the Richlands system for many of years if not there whole life. With or without the transfers, Richlands WOULD be as good of a team and still be undefeated, maybe not win every game by 50 pts, maybe only by 1 point, but fight is in these boyz and never doubt that.

Again, Good luck golden wave and represent SWVA to Tunstal on Friday. If we see you in 3 weeks then it will be a terrific game. Congrats on a great season.

i'm not hard to find man, if thats where you are going with it..step on up. i use my real name here, i'm at every grundy game, biggest guy with a camera is me...can't miss me brother....once Grundy is out of the playoffs, i will still be going to richlands games or someone else...probably richlands...so if you want to go there with it, by all means feel free to do so, i've got bail money lol. Come on up and talk to me, you might actually like me if you met me, I might like you...hell, I might let you date my sister...who knows.

LOL! Dude we don't need to go there. But if I did we should make it mma and charge for it. Your right if we meet I prob. would like you. You sound a lot like me. So lets agree to disagree on this subject and move on. If you come to a Blues game let me know. Would love to meet ya. Hell I might even buy you a Beer!

P.S. My name is J.B. and I'm not to hard to find.

Edited by RHS1987

LOL! Dude we don't need to go there. But if I did we should make it mma and charge for it. Your right if we meet I prob. would like you. You sound a lot like me. So lets agree to disagree on this subject and move on. If you come to a Blues game let me know. Would love to meet ya. Hell I might even buy you a Beer!

P.S. My name is J.B. and I'm not to hard to find.

i always wanted to try that MMA stuff lol....hmmmm....i'm more of a Butterbean kinda guy :)

baker was the other one that came from hurley to grundy, he played tight end and d end i think...if thats who your talking about....and didn't they come more for basketball than football?

Baker was good, got hurt though and didn't play much in 2005 for football...not sure about basketball, don't really follow it much. I still can't place the Lester kid? Theo and Baker were good kids though...but as far as Grundy "recruiting" them...I doubt anyone among the coaches would care if they played at Grundy or not, they don't really make a practice of going around and asking anyone to please come to Grundy and play ball for us lol...Theo got hurt about half way through the season in 05 as well...we had no offensive line and Theo took a beating...it was brutal.

Jason Lester played tailback at Grundy in '94. Don't know about being a transfer, but, he was a good running back. On the game Friday, Grundy's #11 (Justus I think) did lay wood all night. He was very impressive. Two questions: 1) Is he (#11) an underclassmen? 2) Do either of his parents need a job? LOL!!!

I really didn't think everyone would go so crazy because the man said the "T" word. I hate that Grundy and Richlands won't be playing anymore. I have heard some contradicting statements reguarding us not playing. Coach Rowe has said for years that if Grundy went single A Richlands would not play us. He even told the school board that. However, I was told last week that Coach Mance is upset that Coach Rowe won't schedule Richlands. Mance had said he had tried on multiple occasions, including sending the contract on multiple dates. I was told that Mance even said if he had to he would drop Honaker. I was confused and if anyone can clear it up for me it would be much appreciated.

I really didn't think everyone would go so crazy because the man said the "T" word. I hate that Grundy and Richlands won't be playing anymore. I have heard some contradicting statements reguarding us not playing. Coach Rowe has said for years that if Grundy went single A Richlands would not play us. He even told the school board that. However, I was told last week that Coach Mance is upset that Coach Rowe won't schedule Richlands. Mance had said he had tried on multiple occasions, including sending the contract on multiple dates. I was told that Mance even said if he had to he would drop Honaker. I was confused and if anyone can clear it up for me it would be much appreciated.

If Richlands is looking for games, I hear Bluefield is wanting to play them.

I've heard the same things you heard...I don't know the real answer? I also heard it was a Tazewell County decision if we dropped that none of the teams would be playing us anymore, that was prior to the drop...don't know if it was a threat to try to pressure us to stay in the SWD or what? May not even be true, but that's what i heard.

and #11 is Cody Justus...he is a SR...good kid, hits hard and often.

What do you think they will be scared? lol...these kids laid the lumber to you guys all night, especially in the 2nd half...they might not have the tools they need to beat you, but they will hit you for 4 qtrs...Richlands doesn't intimidate the Grundy kids one bit as far as that goes, bring it on and drop 70 points if you can...but worry about your own health, ours will be just fine.

And while we are talking about no class...whoever was yelling at Berglowe about "where's your TD's and your 300 yards tonight?"...takes a big man to yell that at a 150 pound kid who probably put up more yards than most if not all of the other backs did against the mighty Blues....he hit 80 yards, how many did others put up against your 1st team this year?

and as far as Rowe...he spoke the truth...and I guess the truth always hurts a few peoples ass along the way...might not have come across the best way, but he didn't make anything up or put anyone down...so if that is all you have to get fired up over, then hang it up on your locker room wall.

I just hope we win 2 and you win 2 and we can play again...you guys don't scare anyone from Grundy....we respect what you guys do and the level your kids play at...but that's where it ends.

You post this and then your quote under your name is If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just suck!" - Kenny Powers

That is funny.....

You post this and then your quote under your name is If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just suck!" - Kenny Powers

That is funny.....

I actually considered that when i posted it, but I figured I would go ahead and just roll with it...lol.

Eastbound & Down is great though...love it.

What? I was surprised. Ppl. in both towns have been talking about this game for months... possible battle of the unbeatens. Then the QB goes down. Talked about it here ... http://www.swvasports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19534 .

Because of that, we lose to Carroll. And the SWD stats here have had Bergie up top basically all season. Really surprised me that there was a fan who didn't know this, because most fans who go to games know what the other team has before they walk through the gate.

I talked to Mike about a week 1/2 ago and I could have sworn he said Ben was a junior.

Yes, there has been some boys from Hurley transfer to Grundy to either wrestle, play football, basketball etc. Grundy has benefitted from the tranfers (Scott Justus,P.j. Justus,Hurshel Justus, Theo Justus and few others) but I don't know if they were recruited.