anyone with scout.com access?

Lance

The kid is smart, it says he's planning on visiting Chapel Hill this weekend. A few days in Blue Heaven surrounded by those Carolina girls and he'll never be the same...

I'm sure he got a taste of heaven at Bama, Crimson Heaven. Carolina's got nothing on Alabama when it comes to beautiful women. :)

Good thing he didn't visit last weekend...:D...

Meh, we still got two commitments from the weekend. And we're close to getting Hughes and Nicholson. [Virginia boys]

Luckily recruits don't go off of a weekend victory when on trips to colleges.

I won't post it here for all to see. But I sent you a PM.

thanks...he's the only one i follow on there right now, if i used it more i'd get a sub, had one for years at one point and never used it...but, this stuff on Hess is the only thing i ever need to see...not really worth it for just that.

thanks...he's the only one i follow on there right now, if i used it more i'd get a sub, had one for years at one point and never used it...but, this stuff on Hess is the only thing i ever need to see...not really worth it for just that.

No problem. :)

doesn't really have any new info from the last one Marshall put up, just says he went there...i'll go ahead and post it up:

"I have an offer from Marshall," said Josh Hess. "I am receiving interest from Alabama, Duke, UVa, Boston College, Kentucky, Georgia and Tennessee. I am pretty much hearing from all the SEC and ACC schools."

Hess visited Tuscaloosa for the Tide's game against Mississippi State.

"It was my first trip to Alabama," he said. "We got down there early and checked out the facilities. They have the best facilities I have ever seen. We went to the game. We then spoke to coach Saban and my recruiting coach, coach Sal [sunseri].

"The coaches were telling me that I am a big dude. They said they want to watch a little bit more tape of me. Coach Saban told me to call them back this week. They are going to see about offering me.

"I thought the game overall was great. Bryant-Denny Stadium is a great place to be. It was loud ,and the fans were crazy. I really loved it there. I hope I get an offer because I really like their program. They probably have the top program in the country. The entire football atmosphere is great."

Hess talked about several things which will influence his college decision.

"Academics is real important to me," he said. "I have a 3.8 GPA. I will look at the football program as a whole. If a program is down I want to see if I can help bring it back up or if they are winning if they can continue to win, and I can help them."

Hess talked about his strengths and areas to improve.

"I love to run block," he said. "That has to be my favorite. I love putting my hand down and getting after someone. I am trying to work on pass blocking and keeping my hips low. I am trying to work on my speed."

Hess has helped lead his team to a perfect record in the 2010 season.

"Our season is going good," he said. 'We are 10-0 and ranked first in the region. We are averaging 50 points a game. I have been doing good. I am trying to improve pass blocking. I feel like I have done that."

Hess does not have any favorites this early in the recruiting process. He plans to visit North Carolina this weekend.

side note...if I was on the line and could go to a big name school...and wanted to move on to pro ball later...i'd either take one in the top 25 every year if possible or one that is known for pumping out linemen. This kid has such a big frame and a good foundation to build from, it's going to be really cool to go back after he has been working out in a college program for a couple of years and see how he grows. For example look at how much bigger Bradshaw got at Marshall....should be interesting.

Would not be the first Richlands alum to play a sport at Alabama...the Strong brothers' mother played tennis at Bama.

Sure did ! She was a heck of an athlete herself ! Their dad was a pretty good athlete also. I played against him in high school wayyyyyyyy back in the mid 70's !

I think my Y got stuck....lol

Come to Bama Josh! I would love for Josh to be the first Richlands player ever to sign with the Tide!
Would not be the first Richlands alum to play a sport at Alabama...the Strong brothers' mother played tennis at Bama.

I guess I should have clarified my post to say "first football player". My bad.

Edited by blueinbama

side note...if I was on the line and could go to a big name school...and wanted to move on to pro ball later...i'd either take one in the top 25 every year if possible or one that is known for pumping out linemen. This kid has such a big frame and a good foundation to build from, it's going to be really cool to go back after he has been working out in a college program for a couple of years and see how he grows. For example look at how much bigger Bradshaw got at Marshall....should be interesting.

BC would not be a bad choice for any O lineman. They have been cranking them out for quite a while.