Wwe

Anybody fans of WWE? Or TNA? I love wrestling and get alot of crap for it, but it really is entertaining. (And yes BigD, before you say it, I know its fake). Just seeing if anyone else on here likes it or watches it regularly? It would be nice to talk to some other fans of it without a fight lol.

Have to admit, i am a fan of WWE. watch it when i can. I have been to Charlotte a couple times to watch raw the past couple years

Didnt watch it for a few years. Started watching it back in the old NWA days of the 4 horseman, etc. My first live viewing was in Milwaukee a FEW years ago. Roadwarriors, Sting and Lex Luger vs the 4 horseman in WAR GAMES!! Possibly before your time :)

Have to admit, i am a fan of WWE. watch it when i can. I have been to Charlotte a couple times to watch raw the past couple years

Didnt watch it for a few years. Started watching it back in the old NWA days of the 4 horseman, etc. My first live viewing was in Milwaukee a FEW years ago. Roadwarriors, Sting and Lex Luger vs the 4 horseman in WAR GAMES!! Possibly before your time :)

I started watching in 97. I was 7 at that time. This year I went to the WWE Draft in Richmond and I went to the show in Charlotte a few months back. Its truly incredible live. The atmosphere is awesome.

When i went to Charlotte 3 years ago, the fire was so hot from the pyrotechnics that i felt the heat from my seat and i was probably 100 ft away!! when we got to our seats 1 1/2 hrs before showtime, all you could hear was the Ric Flair WOOOO's!!!!!!! lol

I have been down to Abingdon a couple of times for the pay per views on the big screen. I have wanted to get down there for the last few, just havent made it

Wrestling fan here. Been watching since the days of the 4 horsemen....ya know JJ Dillon as manager, Ric Flair, Tully Blanchard, Olly and Arn Anderson. The NWA is where it was at.

Loved the show of respect to some of the legends last night on raw. Wrestling may be fake, but it is still very physically demanding. These guys put their body's and lives at risk every night.

i been a WWE fan since 96. i know its fake, but u gotta love the storylines they come up with. my all-time favorite is the Undertaker. which reminds me, who do u guys think will win the WWE World Heavyweight Title Kane or Edge.

I have been a fan since the late 80's watching the old NWA. After the NWA became WCW I started watching a lot of Smokey Moutain Wrestling in the 90's it reminded alot of the old NWA. Now a days I watch WWE and some TNA their have been a few local promotins thats are not to bad.

i been a WWE fan since 96. i know its fake, but u gotta love the storylines they come up with. my all-time favorite is the Undertaker. which reminds me, who do u guys think will win the WWE World Heavyweight Title Kane or Edge.

Kane. He wont drop it till Mania. Which btw, reminds me!!!!! I HAVE A TICKET TO WRESTLEMANIA!!! Just ordered it yesterday. I encourage anyone on here who can afford it to go jump on it. Its not selling out like usual. I couldnt be any more excited. Rammstein in 3 weeks. Going to see Avenged Sevenfold on Jan 25 and 26. And now Wrestlemania April 3rd!!!!

Big fan, mostly watch TNA, rarely tune in to WWE. Been a fan for years since the days of the Mid-Atlantic NWA movement. Ric Flair, 4 Horsemen etc. I've actually got in the ring and done a couple of matches, for fundraisers however, nothing serious.

Been a VIP member of PWTORCH for several years, nice audio updates, nostaligia podcasts and weekly updates, check out the site, couldn't recommend it enough. If you are a legit wrestling fan, you need to sign up for this.

http://www.pwtorch.com

BTW: I hate it when folks say...."wrestling is fake." My usual reply is "yeah I know, by the way did you realize that the last movie that you saw was fake? Did you know that the stuff on t.v. that you watch is fake?" This sort of puts it into perspective for non-wrestling fans, it is simply a form of entertainment in which you allow yourself to suspend your belief for a couple of hours a week..........just like a movie!

I agree, Smokey Mountain Wrestling was great for awhile. I remember going to watch it when the Rock and Roll Express were the tag champs and had their fued with Jim Cornettes team " The heavenly bodies", Tracy Smothers and the Dirty White Boy were the two longest tenured World champions. Jerry The King Lawler also held the title for a little while.

Great stuff right there.

The NWA= GOAT though

I started watching the WCW back in the late 90's when Nitro was big. They had the NWO, and NWO Wolfpack, and Sting was the crap! Always coming down out of the rafter and beating the crap out of everyone with a bat...and then everyone would come out in sting masks, and you never knew if it was actually him. DDP, Ray Mysterio, Bill Goldberg, and of course The Nitro Girls! Those were the good days!

group5.jpg

I then switched over to WWF/WWE for a few years when the Rock, and Stone cold were big. But I soon lost interest and haven't watched since.

couldn't help but click on this link... I don't watch it anymore, but when mv91 mentioned the road warriors, sting, and lex luger against the 4 horsemen, man I couldn't help but go back. being a kid and watching the old NWA and Starcade and the Crockett Cup - man those was fun times. all my friends would come over and stay the night. we'd be so wound up after it was all over that my dad would have to send us outside to wrestle and fight and laugh. I can still remember when Ron Garvin beat Flair for the title... one of my favorite matches ever. Little known fact - did you know that hands of stone Ron Garvin now lives (with his dog) in Marlinton, WV (up close to Snowshoe). He was one of my favorites. I had him and Ax from Demolition in my store in the mall back during the summer. It was humbling to see him and realize he's 60+ now.

here is a picture of them in the shop...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=446465359407&set=a.446465134407.234333.759374407

The Crockett Cup was classic.

Ron Garvin and Ric Flair had a classic fued........not on the same level as the Ric Flair/Dusty Rhodes fued though. Now that's classic.

"I have wined and dined with Kings and Queens. I have slept in alleyways and dined on pork and beans"

The Dusty Rhodes "hard times" promo may be the best promo ever done in professional wrestling.

yeah - I saw him at Sheets in Christiansburg once... I knew his school was around there

it don't look like that site has been updated in a while. still has stuff from 2007

Jimmy "Boogie Woogie Man" Valient lives and works in Shawsville, VA near Salem. I watched WrestleMania with him a couple of years ago. Great guy to hang out with and watch "rasslin'" with!

http://www.jimmyvaliant.com/index2.html

And just to clarify...the "G-Man" in Boogie's pics is not me...:D...

I can remember back in junior high and high school when I'd go with a buddy of mine down to South Holston Lake, there were several professional wrestlers that used to "hang out" in the same campground where my buddy's parents kept their camper...they were some wild-arse dudes...

couldn't help but click on this link... I don't watch it anymore, but when mv91 mentioned the road warriors, sting, and lex luger against the 4 horsemen, man I couldn't help but go back. being a kid and watching the old NWA and Starcade and the Crockett Cup - man those was fun times. all my friends would come over and stay the night. we'd be so wound up after it was all over that my dad would have to send us outside to wrestle and fight and laugh. I can still remember when Ron Garvin beat Flair for the title... one of my favorite matches ever. Little known fact - did you know that hands of stone Ron Garvin now lives (with his dog) in Marlinton, WV (up close to Snowshoe). He was one of my favorites. I had him and Ax from Demolition in my store in the mall back during the summer. It was humbling to see him and realize he's 60+ now.

here is a picture of them in the shop...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=446465359407&set=a.446465134407.234333.759374407

Ron Garvin spent some time in this area years ago. A guy I knew used to see him lifting weights at some place in Princeton. That was probably 20 years ago.

Ron Garvin spent some time in this area years ago. A guy I knew used to see him lifting weights at some place in Princeton. That was probably 20 years ago.

Garvin's first wife was from Grundy. He is a pretty good story teller, a few years ago when did a fundraiser (wrestling show) and he was the guest referee, he was awarded a plaque by the NWA for his years of service. Spent a couple of hours with him in the back, before, during and after the show. The man had some amazing stories and the wrestlers in the back were like little kids sitting around listening to this guy.

Pretty nice charcter and seemed to be a genuine nice guy, he did curse like a sailor however..........

Anybody catch Survivor Series last night? I could have pee'd myself when Cena counted Orton the winner. Not only is Orton my favorite, but I absolutely hate Cena. lol. I dont think Cena will remain "fired" for long. Hes too much of a money machine. Plus, I want him to be back for WrestleMania so my little brother can see him.