how do the blues lokk now

ba961

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One helluva a football game Blue. You guys dominated every aspect of the game, PERIOD!! We had all the flags, one turnover and a touchdown called back and you still took them to the woodshed. The Blues came out with a chip on there shoulder and made a STATEMENT. I would bet anything thats the hardest Brookville has been hit this season. Thats how you SMACK EM IN THE MOUTH.

One helluva a football game Blue. You guys dominated every aspect of the game, PERIOD!! We had all the flags, one turnover and a touchdown called back and you still took them to the woodshed. The Blues came out with a chip on there shoulder and made a STATEMENT. I would bet anything thats the hardest Brookville has been hit this season. Thats how you SMACK EM IN THE MOUTH.

Well you guys better win, why win the first 13 games if you gonna go lose the last one... Good Luck!

Well you guys better win, why win the first 13 games if you gonna go lose the last one... Good Luck!

I think ole Bulldawgs 52 can't stand the fact that the Blues get to play a 14th game for the 4th time this decade. Of course we want to win the state championship but I would rather be their and lose than be home watching TV. 4 times to the state championship in one decade, impressive to say the least.

Thanks Bulldog ! I know that was hard for ya......but it is appreciated ! If it were reversed, I'd be pulling for the Dogs.....as a matter of fact, when you guys played for your state championship back in the mid 80's I was there cheering for ya ! So thanks !

I think ole Bulldawgs 52 can't stand the fact that the Blues get to play a 14th game for the 4th time this decade. Of course we want to win the state championship but I would rather be their and lose than be home watching TV. 4 times to the state championship in one decade, impressive to say the least.

Well he did wish us good luck at the end so I appreciate that ! I know it was hard for him.

LYNCHBURG, Va. --

Richlands’ football team was fortunate enough to practice in snowy conditions this week in preparation for Saturday’s Group AA, Division 3 state semifinal game at Brookville, played in sometimes heavy flurries.

Im sorry but this has to be the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

LYNCHBURG, Va. --

Richlands’ football team was fortunate enough to practice in snowy conditions this week in preparation for Saturday’s Group AA, Division 3 state semifinal game at Brookville, played in sometimes heavy flurries.

I agree the little snow that did fall during the game had nothing to do with what went on during the game.

LYNCHBURG, Va. --

In more ways than one. "Heavy flurries"? I like booze as much as the next person, but come on...

Yea that cracked me up also.....heavy flurries....lol. I guess that's the reason we were better then them yesterday. Maybe we can be fortunate enough to practice in some heavy flurries again......lol or from the look outside my window right now.....maybe a blizzard...lol

Pope, you should know by now I could care less.

Yea that cracked me up also.....heavy flurries....lol. I guess that's the reason we were better then them yesterday. Maybe we can be fortunate enough to practice in some heavy flurries again......lol or from the look outside my window right now.....maybe a blizzard...lol

AKA: VERY heavy flurries.

the story on the blues going into the playoffs was weak teams all year that we did not play anyone everybody we played made fhe playoff except for g men pioneers and the bull dogs so hum real weak I guess what's that say bout the brookville teams. Its just plain as day if your west of giles I would say you don't play anyone. And they try to keep it that way I know that the blues had 6 flags to the bees one until the score was 24 0 then the flags stoped I would like to think our kids out of the blue became a flag free team but I don't think so anyone that was there disagree.

the story on the blues going into the playoffs was weak teams all year that we did not play anyone everybody we played made fhe playoff except for g men pioneers and the bull dogs so hum real weak I guess what's that say bout the brookville teams. Its just plain as day if your west of giles I would say you don't play anyone. And they try to keep it that way I know that the blues had 6 flags to the bees one until the score was 24 0 then the flags stoped I would like to think our kids out of the blue became a flag free team but I don't think so anyone that was there disagree.

I DISAGREE BA961! I think the officiating was just fine. Our players were just real fired up and commited some penalties out of adrenaline. It just meant we were pumping on all cylinders and I am thankful the penalties did not effect the game. I think when a few of our people constantly complaint about the refs calling against us is just makes us look like cry babies. When the fans at the games Boo the refs for every call how can anybody take them serious. The game is called the way it is and the players must adjust to that. Crying about it only distracts the players from the goal, to win the game. When our fans always Boo the refs for every flag then it makes players do stupid stuff like one of our guys did after he made a big play. Do you also think it was OK for him to spear the ball into that guys chest. Obviously Coach Mance did not as he left the game for a while. He was pumped up and did not think but it could have hurt us had we not been playing so well. He was playing as well as anybody at that time and it would have been nice to have him out there but Mance did the right thing to take him out. We win by a huge margin and then we complain about the officiating. Lets just focus on the GREAT GAME our guys played. Then focus on our next opponent, Poquoson (the only thing that matters now).

Just my opinion and you are entitled to your's.

PS--I think it was chumpish and classless for some of our people to keep using the UCONN jester. Rather than cheer for our guys making good plays they were trying to tear down a teenage kid in High School who has had an excellent year. I figure loosing the game was bad enough for him. Bad sports in my book.

Edited by Gizmo777

I DISAGREE BA961! I think the officiating was just fine. Our players were just real fired up and commited some penalties out of adrenaline. It just meant we were pumping on all cylinders and I am thankful the penalties did not effect the game. I think when a few of our people constantly complaint about the refs calling against us is just makes us look like cry babies. When the fans at the games Boo the refs for every call how can anybody take them serious. The game is called the way it is and the players must adjust to that. Crying about it only distracts the players from the goal, to win the game. When our fans always Boo the refs for every flag then it makes players do stupid stuff like one of our guys did after he made a big play. Do you also think it was OK for him to spear the ball into that guys chest. Obviously Coach Mance did not as he left the game for a while. He was pumped up and did not think but it could have hurt us had we not been playing so well. He was playing as well as anybody at that time and it would have been nice to have him out there but Mance did the right thing to take him out. We win by a huge margin and then we complain about the officiating. Lets just focus on the GREAT GAME our guys played. Then focus on our next opponent, Poquoson (the only thing that matters now).

Just my opinion and you are entitled to your's.

PS--I think it was chumpish and classless for some of our people to keep using the UCONN jester. Rather than cheer for our guys making good plays they were trying to tear down a teenage kid in High School who has had an excellent year. I figure loosing the game was bad enough for him. Bad sports in my book.

When Sean threw the ball into Foxxs chest I was on that end of the stadium. They were well out of bounds and Foxx threw him to the ground. Questionable as to maybe a late hit. After the play Foxx said something. I couldnt quite make it out. Thats when Sean turned around and threw the ball. He was def. baited into it lol.

Not crying but it was just strange to me that once the score was 24 0 how many more flags did we get and I agree it was bad on that particular player to do that but you don't think it was strange. Who was the single a team that got the flag at the end of the game for tossing the red the ball and vhsl even said that was a bad call but it does not change the record books. I do not boo on every flag but the flag on devon for blocking that kid I did it was a clean block if you get knocked down that's football it was a clean hit but it was flaged or was I watching another game. The flag for roughing the passer called on us could have went either way then the next to drives we had the hits on lockhart where later than what was flaged on us nothing. You do not see mance go after the refs a lot he did three times sat.

And the ironic thing about my last statment. The worst I ever seen mance go off on a ref was in the 06 state game when think it was wicks came out of a pile with the ball and gave it to the ref while they where still pulling kids off the pile to find the ball guess what the ref gives the ball back to rockbridge just sayin. Let's see that's the same game we had a great kicker like this year and for the entire first half we kickes from the 35. No it don't matter where in the state ur from. Was told today some body has richlands ranked 5 in the state in aa there is only 4 aa teams still playing so the blues are in the tittle game but are not one of the best 4.

I am a huge Richlands fan but I think you could also make several statements about bad calls against Brookville. Bad calls happen. One of our guys tackled thier reciever when Overton had one of his interceptions. Not called! The refs call the best game they can. I try not to look through Rose colored glasses like I think most do for thier teams. Every fan could always go back and say this or that about a call and it does not change the game at all. Play the game the way it is called is the best thing to do and let Mance deal with it if he thinks one was missed. Its OK for the fans to Boo sometimes but not every call. Our fans do practically every call against the Blues.

I am not sure where you see us ranked 5 in double A but if so the best thing we can do is steamrole Poquoson just like we did Brookville and it will change. Chest thumping will not get respect, it must be earned on the field. State Championships will get Respect.

I am a huge Richlands fan but I think you could also make several statements about bad calls against Brookville. Bad calls happen. One of our guys tackled thier reciever when Overton had one of his interceptions. Not called! The refs call the best game they can. I try not to look through Rose colored glasses like I think most do for thier teams. Every fan could always go back and say this or that about a call and it does not change the game at all. Play the game the way it is called is the best thing to do and let Mance deal with it if he thinks one was missed. Its OK for the fans to Boo sometimes but not every call. Our fans do practically every call against the Blues.

I am not sure where you see us ranked 5 in double A but if so the best thing we can do is steamrole Poquoson just like we did Brookville and it will change. Chest thumping will not get respect, it must be earned on the field. State Championships will get Respect.

History has a lot to do with the Blues fan reaction. The Chad King catch in the endzone in a playoff game. The ref called it out. The PHOTO showed He was in by a mile. The fumble in 2006 that was given to the other team. ETC,ETC..... I worked at cuz's in Richlands/Pounding Mill and had ref's tell me they had cheated RHS. It was the RHS girls BB team that had the Morgan twins on it. They thought I was from TAZ and were telling about the calls. I waited until they where through and I asked who won that game. They said the Blues. I said awesome! Then I told them I was from RHS. They said they were just kidding. So please don't tell me it does not happen! I know the refs have a hard job and most do the best that they can but when you know they are making one sided calls we should stay on them and let them know we know what's up! If not they would think they could do whatever they wanted without any questions. We may not be able to change the calls but I think it also shows support for Mance when He is questioning calls. And don't think I'm saying this just happens to the Blues. It happens to other teams as well. I hope the ref's stay out of the Championship game and let the boy's on the field decide the outcome. Win or loose!