Lil'Leonards_Losers Post Season Awards

Leonards_Losers

Lil’Leonards_Losers Post Season Awards

Now these Awards are for Losers and Winners. Normally we don’t pick winners but with all of the fine play and games we saw we decided to pick a few Winners….Hope you enjoy and from all of the Yokum and Slocum Clan's we'll see ya’ll in August.

The Mamby Pamby Land Fans of the Year – Salem and with a close 2nd Abingdon.

Wildest Fans of the Year – Hurley, you should have been at the post game party after beating Haysi.

The Mamby Pamby Land Fan of the Year – FalconMan

Lil’Leonards_Loser Fan of the Year – Southbound

Concession Stand of the Year – goes to Ervinton High (Slush Puppies ah yes!!!! And if you ask politely they will give you a extra squirt of their fine syrup)

Best Parking of the Year – Abingdon (valet parking with complementary whine and cheese)

Worst Parking of the Year – The Black Diamond District Teams (except for Hurley – 4 wheeler valet service.)

Best Stadium to watch a game – The Mitch (Mitchell)

Worst Stadium to watch a game – Several (Carroll County, Twin Valley, St. Paul, and Mt. View, WV)

Best Band – Lee High

Best Program – Tazewell High (One program contains all of their opponents rosters)

Aunt Betty Lou’s Sexiest Chain Crew of the Year – Richlands crew for the Cave Spring @ Richlands game

Aunt LuLu’s Funnel Cake Baking Award – Aunt LuLu’s were not stupid!!!!!

Best 50/50 game in town – Graham versus Bluefield Beavers (Like Erine Banks of the Cubs used to say, “Lets play two and they doâ€. (Graham boosters has one and The Beaver Boosters has one.)

Grandpa Clovis’s Stuffed Rooster of the Year Award – goes to Coach Thurman of Va. High (should have stayed at Gretna).

Cousin Clarence’s Stuffed Opossum of the Year Award – goes to Greg Rowe of Grundy (brought the Golden Wave from Last to the 2nd round of the Play-offs)

Pay Back Moment of the Year – Hurley @ Haysi (Took a knee with a few minutes left to play and then said ha heck lets run it in….this touchdown is for all of the Weak Sisters that Haysi ran the score up on, chasing records.)

Cousin’s Hoyt and Delbert’s Meaner than a Junk Yard Dog with fleas Award – goes to the Big Blue Wind Machine and the Clintwood PSA.

Mamby Pamby Land Coach of the Year – Coach Smith of Tazewell

Lil_Leonards_Losers – Coach of the year goes to the Blue Heavy Metal Crew of Coeburn High School. Picked at the bottom of the Tobacco Spittin’ District and then won it.

Mamby Pamby Land Team of the Year – A Tie Salem because they are Salem and Abingdon – they were suppose to destroy Richlands, Carroll County, and Grundy but they whined it away.

Lil’Leonards_Losers Team of the Year – Only one team brought home the Fat Back from the State Finals. Gate City.

Lil’Leonards_Losers Player of the Year Awards – goes to Brad Strong of Richlands. He returned kicks for touchdowns, interceptions for touchdowns, caught passes for touchdowns, ran for touchdowns, passed for touchdowns, blocked punts, sacked quarterbacks, tackled running backs, killed receivers and even swept the locker room after the victories. Good luck playing the stick ball in college….

Folks, I'm am so sorry....I forgot to post one of our season awards.....

The Radio Broadcaster Mouth of Mountains Award -- goes to Larry Hypes of Kicks Country. He always let you know when the sun is setting on TipTop and when the Bullpuppies find the endzone. Next season if you want to listen to a good play by play man tune in to Kicks Country f.m.

Facebook page of the year : "The VHSL Refs screwed Richlands out of a State Championship"...that was classic.

Did you know that the head coach of the Islanders has ties to Grundy. He is "kin" to the Duty's off of Poplar Creek. I didn't know that to the other day when I was talking to some of his family.

Still knocking Haysi, the Tigers will be back. Every team is entitled to a down year every decade or so.

Will there be a Haysi next year? I don't mean that rude or anything but is next year the year that the consolidated school will open?

Did you know that the head coach of the Islanders has ties to Grundy. He is "kin" to the Duty's off of Poplar Creek. I didn't know that to the other day when I was talking to some of his family.

nope...dont even know who he is?

The Radio Broadcaster Mouth of Mountains Award -- goes to Larry Hypes of Kicks Country. He always let you know when the sun is setting on TipTop and when the Bullpuppies find the endzone. Next season if you want to listen to a good play by play man tune in to Kicks Country f.m.

Great Choice. I have enjoyed listening to him for years.

Just make sure its 107.7, not 106.3...:D

Great stuff. Have to agree with the Abingdon fan references. Those two really have no clue. I love reading your column.

You are truly a DA. If you need me to let you know what that means-I will be glad to. First of all, you should have won that award-biggest DA of the year. Hopefully, the Falcons and mighty Cavs will will scrimmage or play next year. I have a feeling you would be mighty disappointed.

You are truly a DA. If you need me to let you know what that means-I will be glad to. First of all, you should have won that award-biggest DA of the year. Hopefully, the Falcons and mighty Cavs will will scrimmage or play next year. I have a feeling you would be mighty disappointed.

Friend, you are such a comedian.

The pass interference call was bull. I don't think it lost them the game, but it did shift momentum.
Nobody says anything about poquoson getting 2 touchdowns called back either. It was a bad officiated game both ways. I agree the pass interference call was bull. I seen it on the news

Nobody says anything about poquoson getting 2 touchdowns called back either. It was a bad officiated game both ways. I agree the pass interference call was bull. I seen it on the news

i don't care how the game was called, the Facebook page they made was a classic...lol. I wish they had left it up.

On behalf of the "Loud Crowd", we would like to accept this award of being the "Wildest Fans". We feel it was an honor to go and watch this team suceed as well as they did....and for the last two years the stands have stayed full and we've had participation like nobodys business.....for that we would like to thank the fans that traveled with us and stood in the rain and the snow. We had a great time! It will not be forgotten......so thanks Leonard, you have made it more than fun to read....its awesome and I hope you will continue this....

• 4 weeks later...