Graham football job now open

CPF

Turner can rub people the wrong way, but I've had a couple of converssations with him pretty recently and he absolutely loves the Bluefield area and Graham and Bluefield football in particular...and I'm sure he would love a chance to work here, but I think he may be headed to Auburn...

Whomever gets this job will have a record white as snow.........getting caught cheating by practicing out of season kind of kills his chances. Big character concerns there........

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gbaby i've always wondered, why do you have a picture of a man holding a beaver? You're from graham not bluefield?

you picked the wrong rodent. That my friend is the whistle pig, otherwise know as the groundhog.

It's Groundhog Day!!!!

Posted due to my expertise in prognisticating the weather...

I just thought you used the pic because Groundhogs are cool!

Maybe one of the upcomming consolidated schools(one of the 3 Wise Co or Dickenson Co) should use the venerable Woodchuck as a mascot?

Unfortunately I doubt it will happen, DC seems to either be going w/ Miners or Wolfpack(please god Wolfpack) and who knows what WC will do?

Edited by redtiger

Whomever gets this job will have a record white as snow.........getting caught cheating by practicing out of season kind of kills his chances. Big character concerns there........

I agree, but he was talking like there was nothing like the Graham and Bluefield rivalry....Probably because I was wearing my "house divided" t-shirt, since I've got a child in the Graham schools and another in the Bluefield schools, I truly have a house divided.

I just thought you used the pic because Groundhogs are cool!

Maybe one of the upcomming consolidated schools(one of the 3 Wise Co or Dickenson Co) should use the venerable Woodchuck as a mascot?

Unfortunately I doubt it will happen, DC seems to either be going w/ Miners or Wolfpack(please god Wolfpack) and who knows what WC will do?

The Graham "Groundhogs" would be a pretty cool name....if ever a need to change mascots...

The Beaver has the weight and reach advantage. May not be a fair fight?

Why dont schools use mascots like that more often? There not tough but are lots of fun!

And you cant beat the Golden Gophers! My vote for best mascot ever

Article in the Monday Daily Telegraph. 16 applicants.

I read the paper yesterday, how did I miss that???

16 applicants...sounds like some people are interested in this job....

Sixteen applicants for the HC job, Ten applicants for the AD job. History and Tradition makes Graham a great job, but we almost let an idiot to ruin it.

I heard yesterday that Mike Henry didn't apply. So there's one person we know who wasn't interested. Wonder who all applied?

Sixteen applicants for the HC job, Ten applicants for the AD job. History and Tradition makes Graham a great job, but we almost let an idiot to ruin it.

This is really interesting to find out who gets it, both coach and AD. I've heard some rumors of some that put in for it. I wonder if there are any seasoned / veteran area coaches looking for a change or a job.

Any guesses?

This is really interesting to find out who gets it, both coach and AD. I've heard some rumors of some that put in for it. I wonder if there are any seasoned / veteran area coaches looking for a change or a job.

Any guesses?

I sure wish this job would've come open before Brad Bradley took the job in Amelia....maybe it's not too late.....(wishful thinking, I'm sure)

Like, this Hueytown? Weird. I read this article this morning. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=6470969

yeah that's them. That is weird.

If you're into Nascar, Hueytown is where Bobby Allison got his start at.

My dad lives about 10 minutes from there. & he said that area was hit real hard. I used to spend most of my summers at Alabama Adventure, a amusement park a mile or so outside of hueytown.

In the 28 yrs of coaching ,Bobby Wyatt will bring to the field, knowledge of the game, integrity, experience , honesty, and a love for the kids. I don't know all the applicants, but I do know that coach Wyatt is the real deal. Hopefully whoever has the final decision will put the kids first and make the right call! It will be a challenge for the individual that is named , but I know that coach Wyatt will bring honor and respect back to Graham High School. Good -luck to all now let's get this hiring behind us and start getting ready for a new time and season at GHS.

Nothing against Bobby Wyatt, I can appreciate 28 yrs of experience...But, I hear their are quite a few applicants with a fair amount of experience on their own. I have even heard someone may have some state championship ties. My wish is that those reviewing these candidates remember that even though we have fallen on some tough times we are accustom to a tradition of winning and respect. You now have the task of helping us to restore respect. We need someone with experience,but balanced with knowledge, drive, skill and the ability to keep parents out of the mix, combined with a tremendous year round conditioning program. Please don't settle for someone just because they are already in place. Am I asking for too much.

Nothing against Bobby Wyatt, I can appreciate 28 yrs of experience...But, I hear their are quite a few applicants with a fair amount of experience on their own. I have even heard someone may have some state championship ties. My wish is that those reviewing these candidates remember that even though we have fallen on some tough times we are accustom to a tradition of winning and respect. You now have the task of helping us to restore respect. We need someone with experience,but balanced with knowledge, drive, skill and the ability to keep parents out of the mix, combined with a tremendous year round conditioning program. Please don't settle for someone just because they are already in place. Am I asking for too much.

Dennis Vaught.....

(kidding of course)...

maybe Jack turner??

Edited by futbolking