Dear Parents: You Suck

GMan did say that the IP addresses matched Washington County Public Schools.

I just have fun trolling the trolls.

I remember him saying that and I have checked myself. I don't doubt that they are actual students (or dare I say teachers) at AHS...but I just cannot believe that they take themselves serious. I think they are just being satirical to get a rise/laugh out of everyone. If I am right, then I must say they have done one hell of a job not to break character a single time in the last 2 years.

Edited by BigBlueAlum

I remember him say that and I have checked myself, and I don't doubt that they are actual students (or dare I say teachers) at AHS...but I just cannot believe that they take themselves serious. Im just they are just being satirical to get a rise/laugh out of everyone. If I am right, then I must say they have done one hell of a job not to break character a single time in the last 2 years.

These guys are too good to be fakes...sometimes fact is stranger than fiction...

LOL, we have SVCC up this way, so no one went to Highlands.

I do have family who flunked out of SVCC, no joke. Can the apple fall that far from the tree?

Speaking from my own family experiences, yes. Yes, they sure can. Nuts fall off our apple trees.

Hey GMan,

What's the deal with the " user level" (for lack of a better word) underneath each username? You know, the thing that says, for you, "The outta whack, pot stirrer..." and UVAObserver, D-1 "starter". Do you have control of that text? And could you change Falconman's to "Troll" or "A.P. Test Bomber"? I think it's about time we call him out for what he really is... Just a suggestion.

Hey GMan,

What's the deal with the " user level" (for lack of a better word) underneath each username? You know, the thing that says, for you, "The outta whack, pot stirrer..." and UVAObserver, D-1 "starter". Do you have control of that text? And could you change Falconman's to "Troll" or "A.P. Test Bomber"? I think it's about time we call him out for what he really is... Just a suggestion.

+1. And I got the "D-1 Starter" by default, because I post way too freaking much. ;)

+1. And I got the "D-1 Starter" by default, because I post way too freaking much. ;)

since an upgrade a few times back, that area has not worked for custom titles...the ones that were in before they stopped working seem to have stayed around, but if i change someone it doesn't change....i will check it out and see if i can get it working....kinda figured if we ever went to version 4.x of this software it would fix itself so never bothered working on it.

since an upgrade a few times back, that area has not worked for custom titles...the ones that were in before they stopped working seem to have stayed around, but if i change someone it doesn't change....i will check it out and see if i can get it working....kinda figured if we ever went to version 4.x of this software it would fix itself so never bothered working on it.

When will that be? And will it have different color schemes? lol

When will that be? And will it have different color schemes? lol

the original plan was to have color schemes that match up with most area schools...i have just not had the time to set it all up correctly...been trying to do a new front end for the site for 2 or 3 years now...with a 3 and 4 year old and everything else going on it's hard to find time to do anything. I have the best of intentions though lol.

the original plan was to have color schemes that match up with most area schools...i have just not had the time to set it all up correctly...been trying to do a new front end for the site for 2 or 3 years now...with a 3 and 4 year old and everything else going on it's hard to find time to do anything. I have the best of intentions though lol.

Fair enough. I have no complaints with the forum as is. Keep on keepin' on.

:mad:Well, this week is my final week at Abingdon High School very sad. I've loved every minute of it. I'm gonna miss the "Falcon Awesome" chant in basketball while we painted our chests, miss the band representing everytime you hit a drum or blew a trumpet (I hate I wont get to enjoy the new band hall), miss the FREAKING ENTRANCE BABY, I still get chills imagining the mighty Falcons walking through the stands, it is the MOST ELECTRIFYING ENTRANCE IN SWVA FOOTBALL BAR NONE!!!! You say how can this week get any worse and more depressing? Well, to start of with I got a sunburn at the lake Sunday, I think I bombed an A.P. Test, and my parents dropped a bomb on me that they want me to go to Highlands Community College for 2 years!!! 2 reasons why money and freaking money!@!!!!! They've got me on a plan, you see my Mom (whore) had me do all these community service hours for scholarship throughout my high school career. I can go to Highlands (Hell) for free. Well, who wants to go to hell? Not me!! Reason number 3, they think I need to grow up? Grow up really? I feel that I've showed my maturity by doing some community service hours and getting a job - thanks DAD (S.O.B.) we had a deal.

I truly can't believe I've been accepted to several schools and I'm landing at Harvard on Exit 14! Wow, thanks:mad:

You want some cheese with that whine????

I meant absolutely no disrespect to VI. Where I was going with that comment was "I thought you could at least do better than the #2 school in Abingdon (Highlands)." Honestly, I apologize. I have a few acquaintances at VI myself, and they were pretty good cookies.

And like I said with Deuces, my comment about Highlands is an indictment of the state of community colleges in general. They're not nearly challenging enough, and don't foster a sense of academic achievement. They more often than not foster a sense of "I can do this without trying", and that's never good.

I gotcha. Hard to understand people sometimes when it's just typed words. But you are right about community college. It's a lot of fun and you learn a lot of interesting things, but it's really just an extension of high school. Actually, Highlands felt to me like high school without the SOL's (which was a lot better than regular high school with SOL's).

I gotcha. Hard to understand people sometimes when it's just typed words. But you are right about community college. It's a lot of fun and you learn a lot of interesting things, but it's really just an extension of high school. Actually, Highlands felt to me like high school without the SOL's (which was a lot better than regular high school with SOL's).

Are community colleges easier than some 4 year schools? I think that would depend on the student you speak to. I know there are some programs, courses, and professors at SWCC (formerly SVCC) that are just as stringent, or more, than their counterparts offered at some 4-year universities, just as I'm sure there are some that are easier.

I never attended a community college, but I now work at one. What I have found is that community colleges are like any institution of learning...You will have people who are here to actually learn something, and then you will have those that are just there to go through the motions and get by with as little learning as possible. I saw the same thing at the 4-year college that I attended, and now in the master's program that I am currently enrolled in.

And whats to become of Stripes if you leave? I think this is clearly a way for them to keep you at home for 2 more years so they can get more free labor out of you like lawn mowing and so on.

Lacey, Southbound has stripes, you should know that, its called read. I'm allergic! 2nd I don't mow due 2 allergies I make my parents do it. Mom rides and dad pushes.:p

I think the whore and the SOB are right...you need to grow up.

With hindsight being 20-20, the only words of wisdom I can muster up for them is...they should have used birth control....

And as for you, well, the world needs ditch-diggers, too...

smails1156954312.jpg

A wise man (me) once said "SHUT YA FREAKIN MOUTH!" If they had used BC I wouldn't became "Falconman" and you wouldn'tve became wiser!:D

My second point stands: I just enjoy winding up the monkey so it'll beat its drum.

Whaterver Monkey Brains, we all know you love bananas!!!:eek:

Guest The Variable
Lacey, Southbound has stripes, you should know that, its called read. I'm allergic! 2nd I don't mow due 2 allergies I make my parents do it. Mom rides and dad pushes.:p

A wise man (me) once said "SHUT YA FREAKIN MOUTH!" If they had used BC I wouldn't became "Falconman" and you wouldn'tve became wiser!:D

Whaterver Monkey Brains, we all know you love bananas!!!:eek:

Shhhh. Grown folks are talkin.

This is a fair point, and I meant no disrespect for anyone going or who has went to Highlands.

Community colleges in general, though, are as easy or perhaps easier than high school.

My father attended VHCC and would later graduate with honors from the great University of Virginia. What point were you trying to make with all of that?

Guest The Variable
My father attended VHCC and would later graduate with honors from the great University of Virginia. What point were you trying to make with all of that?

Achieving something relatively simple doesnt mean you are NOT smart.

I meant exactly what I said. Community colleges are generally not challenging. Congratulations to your father for furthering his education in such an impressive manner. However, it does not influence me to esteem community colleges better by proxy.

Achieving something relatively simple doesnt mean you are NOT smart.

That's a better response than I came up with. Cosign.

Edited by UVAObserver

Guys, this guy is without a doubt a troll. So stop posting in this thread. This troll should be left alone. Stop agging him on.

We know, you've posted this several times. Conversation's more turned toward the perspective of the merit of community colleges now. We've derailed the troll.

We know, you've posted this several times. Conversation's more turned toward the perspective of the merit of community colleges now. We've derailed the troll.

And i'll continue. Stop feeding the troll fire.

By the way, his mother and father should have beaten him a lot more as a child.