Anyone else...

GMan

just hope ghs gets coaching staff in place soon so kids will know who he is and will come out for football and restore ghs program in the next year or so.

I agree....Other schools are starting 7 on 7's next week....what's the holdup???

no hurry here...going to be a long year in Waveland I think :(

dont know much about what grundy has coming back but i will miss graham and grundy games they have had a few knock down drag out games in years past. good luck to the wave this year and in future years.

Be thankful they are taking their time and making a solid decision, instead of just picking someone.

true but at the same time they need to get him in so he can start getting ready for football season cannot wait till time for practice to begin to announce who it is. yes i want the right person and hopefully the ones that are left in the hunt are all in their own rights good coaches and could be good for ghs. i do think personal feelings for this end of the county should be left out and only what is best for the kids at ghs should prevail. that being said for the entire time i lived in blfd that never happened really except for carlock. he was the best for ghs at that time.the school board never has in my time did things best for ghs. they fixed a sink hole at ghs when at that time probablly should have looked into a new school in a different area. who knows some day this could reappear at ghs during school time and kids could be hurt. maybe it is time in tazewell county for consolidation of the 3 remaining highschools, just my opinion and will catch flak for this but i feel it is time now.would i like to lose ghs and its heritage no but to do what is best for the kids in the entire county is best.

Eastside could be good, just depends on which kids go to Coeburn and which ones go to Castlewood, not saying Wise Co kids will go to Russell Co, I just dont know where they will go to school. If Eastside gets the QB and WRs from StP, they could be pretty solid. Coeburn had a pretty good running game last season.

Union could be tough, a real grind it out offense but will probably lack explosiveness(no real passing attack). Depends on where the FB from Appy goes(I may be mistaken but I think he may be from Lee Co). Combine him with the two RBs from PV and thats a formitable running attack

Central could be good, JJK has had some good teams lately but lacked explosive players. Pound had a good young RB and will add some depth. Could be pretty good.

Like you said it just depends on how quickly they come together

getting jack'd for this upcoming season??? :eek::rolleyes::D

Unfortunately for me, no real interest in high school until mid-November. The regular season sucks now since so many teams make the playoffs.

I talked to Travis a couple weeks ago. He said the FB from Appy has been lifting at the PV weightroom for a month or so now. He said as far as he knows the kid is coming to Union.

That will make Union TOUGH! He is a fine ball player. Did either of the RBs from PV graduate or are they underclassmen?

Eastside could be good, just depends on which kids go to Coeburn and which ones go to Castlewood, not saying Wise Co kids will go to Russell Co, I just dont know where they will go to school. If Eastside gets the QB and WRs from StP, they could be pretty solid. Coeburn had a pretty good running game last season.

As of right now it looks like the QB Hileman and WR Edmonds are going to Castlewood.

As of right now it looks like the QB Hileman and WR Edmonds are going to Castlewood.

If they live in Russell Co it sould not be a problem however if they live in Wise Co they need to be redy to jump through some hoops

For their sake I hope they are from Russell, I would hate to see 2 kids that talented have to sit out a year for no reason. Those 2 would have made Eastside alot better, they will be a huge addition for Castlewood(which had almost no passing attack last season).

Good. No problem there. I just dont understand the "my school got closed and im mad so im not going where im supposed to go" arguement, which to be honest I havent heard of any students doing that yet. That seems to be an empty(and rediculious) threat by some parents. From what ive heard the kids seem to be adjusting well, they seem excited about the possibilities. Good for them

The whole deal seems to be more of a parent problem, than a student problem for the most part. Now, you just may see more kids actually go to the school of a county they reside in instead of crossing the river to go to the neighboring one.

I honestly think thats why alot of people raised such a fuss. There are a lot of kids from other counties attending Wise Co schools. From what ive heard possibly up to 50% of St. Paul students are from Russell Co. If thats the case how can they argue to keep a school open that only serves 90 kids from Wise Co?