va preps message board.

ghs73

dont know about anyone else but i have tried to go thru this site this year and it has become so confusing to try and find anything about swva schools there with grundy and ghs going to single a. you have to check both western div.1 and western div 2 boards and that takes way to much time. i am going to stick to here for my info. i think that this board has been by far the best since i joined in 03 hands down. keep up the good work guys. and thank you for all you do for the fans here in swva.

dont know about anyone else but i have tried to go thru this site this year and it has become so confusing to try and find anything about swva schools there with grundy and ghs going to single a. you have to check both western div.1 and western div 2 boards and that takes way to much time. i am going to stick to here for my info. i think that this board has been by far the best since i joined in 03 hands down. keep up the good work guys. and thank you for all you do for the fans here in swva.

I got banned over there, even though I only made 1 post and it wasn't in any way inflammatory or derogatory. The most random banning in message board history, I assume.

But +1 to the sentiment here!

I got banned over there, even though I only made 1 post and it wasn't in any way inflammatory or derogatory. The most random banning in message board history, I assume.

But +1 to the sentiment here!

Ahhhh....the blacklist.....good times.....good times....

i have not been there in at least 5 or 6 years...i cant stand "threaded" style message boards...it's a total clusterfark to me to try to read them....you get replies at different levels and have to click in and out to see them all and it's just too much effort. I like to just go post to post like we have here and read it all by the page. No offense to Va Preps, that's just my view.

i have not been there in at least 5 or 6 years...i cant stand "threaded" style message boards...it's a total clusterfark to me to try to read them....you get replies at different levels and have to click in and out to see them all and it's just too much effort. I like to just go post to post like we have here and read it all by the page. No offense to Va Preps, that's just my view.

usually if you click on view all it will put the posts in order of date. but still it is very very difficult now to follow graham on this board with this new format of div. 1 div.2 east and west because some of the team in the med are in both div.1 and div.2 and it is a pain to follow. so i am giving up even trying. this board has all beat hands down for ease of use and posts.

Why in the Hell would they have it out for me? LOL. I wouldn't know them from Adam. I made one post about Graham's potential for 2005 based upon Bradshaw's loss, and poof, perma'd.

jerks is what i think

Why in the Hell would they have it out for me? LOL. I wouldn't know them from Adam. I made one post about Graham's potential for 2005 based upon Bradshaw's loss, and poof, perma'd.

I was blacklisted under the name of "MC Nuggett"... Those guys blacklisted me after I made a reference to Rodney King.....just making a joke, it was harmless.

Edited by futbolking

I agree. When trying to follow scores on a Friday night it's a total nightmare. Most of the scores I'm interested in are posted here anyway.

Well, its a long story, but it has to do with Zirkle Blakey allowing some douchebag from Richlands (Richlands folks don't get mad at me...I know most of you are good folks but this one guy makes you all look bad) that goes by the name big_blue_tornado (aka BigBlueWindbag) get on there and completely destroy every conversation/discussion on the board with his badmouthing and name-calling.

I pleaded with Zirkle to do something with that fool and I think he did...gave him "moderator" privileges. That's when numerous Graham fans started getting zapped from the board...even though the BigBlueDouchebag was allowed to ruin the place.

I, more or less, have quit posting over there. I will, on occassion, stop in and drop some knowledge on them but I've discovered that you can't fix stupid...

BTW...don't hate me...I was the one who suggested them going to the new format...oops...;)...

I'll stick with SWVASPORTS. These guys to the best job around. Thanks for the super great board. I rarely post, but read daily.

I agree with coacher. This is a great board. I visit the Clinch Mountain District board from time to time and see some of the same people posting, but this one SWVASPORTS is the best one I have been on.

BTW...don't hate me...I was the one who suggested them going to the new format...oops...;)...

I don't know which thing has annoyed me more at VaPreps over the years. BigBlueWindbag or them changing around the forums every 2-3 years. Thanks for nothing, pal.

I don't know which thing has annoyed me more at VaPreps over the years. BigBlueWindbag or them changing around the forums every 2-3 years. Thanks for nothing, pal.

I tried to get them to rid the boards of BBDb but they didn't listen.

I didn't like when they went from a single AA board to regional boards...thought it was crap and told them so...ZB didn't take too kindly to my constructive criticism.

Honestly, I think there should only be two boards for Class A...East and West. If your district happens to be split (some east/some west), too bad...

Personally, I liked the previous A board set up on VA Preps. I, also, like their present set up for Class AAA, AA but, I'm just a reader over there... have never been a poster.

As indicated by several, the set up of this board is optimum. You see every specified threaded title under "new" posts and decide if you want to read or pass. Now, some genius brain :) (Lance, G-man...G-man, Lance) recognized, knew, forsaw, and understood simplicity and ease was the overriding factor in having a successful board for the viewer. ( A note, just because I used the term genius, doesn't mean that has been my pervasive thought about everything you do or let slide :D ...that would be another thread and message.)

Thanks for giving the local sports fans an "easy place to land."

Edited by trublue

I tried to get them to rid the boards of BBDb but they didn't listen.

I didn't like when they went from a single AA board to regional boards...thought it was crap and told them so...ZB didn't take too kindly to my constructive criticism.

Honestly, I think there should only be two boards for Class A...East and West. If your district happens to be split (some east/some west), too bad...

I didn't mind the regionals. At least you knew where to find teams and I like the old thread view so 90% of my screen wasn't taken up by 8 different pickems. I say either leave it regions since thats all we know or make it D1 and D2 or East and West. Not both.

I didn't mind the regionals. At least you knew where to find teams and I like the old thread view so 90% of my screen wasn't taken up by 8 different pickems. I say either leave it regions since thats all we know or make it D1 and D2 or East and West. Not both.

best bet is just to stay here because we will find out everything we need to know about our teams during the season and playoffs. let those in the east and north keep va preps. and enjoy it. they do not know what they are missing by not having a board configured the way this board is.

best bet is just to stay here because we will find out everything we need to know about our teams during the season and playoffs. let those in the east and north keep va preps. and enjoy it. they do not know what they are missing by not having a board configured the way this board is.

This board has about 2% interest in the old Region C that I paid close attention to. That has since changed, but you get my point.