Tazewell Starting a New QB

Gym

I went by practice yesterday and Tazewell has switched to a Freshman QB. I think it may be a good idea but he will need time to adjust. What do you think good or bad idea?

I went by practice yesterday and Tazewell has switched to a Freshman QB. I think it may be a good idea but he will need time to adjust. What do you think good or bad idea?

i think if tazewell is rebuilding thats a good idea and a freshmen will get a lot of experience.as long as as they not taking a senior off the field that is equal to or better than the freshmen.imo

Might as well do it now! Malik would more than likely been the starter next year anyway. I hope Cody doesn't let this get in his head too much, he is a good kid and can help the team in other places, maybe TE. Good luck Dogs! I hope things turn around soon.

Good idea!!! May be some growing pains this year but getting game time will be invaluable over the next three seasons. And yes, very good bloodlines...his dad was one of the best HS QBs I've seen from this area...

I also think it is a good idea. The coach is trying to change the atmosphere up there and turn things around, and he must have seen some things in practice that made him look at doing this.........if indeed he is looking at starting the freshman. It's not like they are winning a right now and need to look to the future.

If he's anything like his dad then he will be a winner. Playing him now will/should pay dividends in the future and that's where Tazewell's success lies............ in the future. I believe they have a very bright one !

I heard Tazewell didn't have a JV team, so why not let the freshmen play.

They had a JV team, but due to injuires and guys quitting they did away with the JV team, and least that's what I have heard!

I heard they called up #3 and did away with the JV team, nice job of building for the future.. anyhows, the kid is a good athlete, but he has a LOT of growing pains this year, best of luck to him tho.

Just look at Battle's case. The seniors starting now started as freshmen and every year afterwards. We're still not a super team or anything, but anyone can see that we've improved dramatically from what we were 3 or 4 years ago and part of it is the freshmen from back then getting so much experience over time. If Tazewell is going to start building like this now, it'll pay off soon enough.

Although it was late when he went in against Blacksburg it still brought new life to the team. It also really brought the fans behind the team again after a dismal night.

Very smart move going to him, just can't expect miracles overnight though.

yes playing for the future is smart but i did not think the qb was the problem from the little game time ive saw this yr. he has a great arm but you have to have somone to throw to that can catch. i mean catch not snag a ball here or there.

If the backup can play nearly as good as the starter and the starter can be moved to another position that may be a big help to the offense, hes not necessarily bailing on the season.

Couldn't agree more. Do whatever it takes to make the team better.