How good is Honaker?

greatwhitemp36

Richlands don't need to worry about Honaker. I could correct alot of things but I am going to try and start over. I agree that the more kids from south west VA go on to bigger and better things that is great. As far as "The Mayor" don't correct some one if you don't know what that person knows.

;)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say exactly how long they have been in there, but Im saying its somewhere in the 4-6 years range so yea either way those kids are the ones your starting to see at the high school level, strangely enough Twin Valley entered at the same time if memory serves and while they are not "the team to beat" by any stretch they are getting much more competitive. Everyone can have their own opinion but I believe that a good program does start at the little league level and it does in fact help all those involved, that's the idea anyways.

Think there was a 2 year gap if my memory serves me right. At one time the league hosted 4 Richlands teams and other teams from Honaker, Twin Valley and Tazewell. Some people liked the idea and others didn't. Many people have put countless hours into trying build this program for the kids and keeping the competition level up, as someone said earlier, your youth program is your feeder program for your high schools. This in my opinion should be a very good game, I have watched the majority of these kids come up through the youth program and have to say both teams have some very talented players.

Come on man.. really? I mean aren't you the same guy that picked Pulaski County to beat Richlands last week? ;P.. I don't mean to be arrogant and I understand respecting your opponents, but if Richlands plays half the football they are capable of they win by 2-3 td's at least, have a little faith in the boys in Blue for a change.

Man Ive Had Faith In The Blues All My Life And Any Time There Doubted They Have Always Came Up With A Way To Win. As For Me Picking Pulaski The Blues Did Exactly What They Needed To Do That Game Stunned Them Early And Then Just Held On Anyone That Watched That Game Knows That The 2nd Half Was A Whole Different Ball Game. Regardless A Win Is A Win And On To The Next One. As For Honaker If There Taken Lightly They Can Pull Off The Upset Ill Be There Wearing My Richlands Gear And Pulling For My Guys But Unlike Alot Of You Im Not Going In Expecting A 3 TD Win.

Man Ive Had Faith In The Blues All My Life And Any Time There Doubted They Have Always Came Up With A Way To Win. As For Me Picking Pulaski The Blues Did Exactly What They Needed To Do That Game Stunned Them Early And Then Just Held On Anyone That Watched That Game Knows That The 2nd Half Was A Whole Different Ball Game. Regardless A Win Is A Win And On To The Next One. As For Honaker If There Taken Lightly They Can Pull Off The Upset Ill Be There Wearing My Richlands Gear And Pulling For My Guys But Unlike Alot Of You Im Not Going In Expecting A 3 TD Win.

I also hope for a 3 or 4 td win but, I don't expect it. Honaker always plays tough at home and has a very good team this year. I think the one thing in our favor is the fact that we are finally healthy and it has help with our depth.

The Blues changed their d-backfield around for the game last night trying to get bigger and to have more run support and harder hitters back there.

But Honaker will be a whole different animal than Patric Co. Richlands wins this game IMHO, but not by 3 or 4 TD's. I've got more respect for the Honaker team & fans to think that !

Great post ... Richlands has my respect for what they've accomplished....I always try to make it to some playoff games and watched them in 3 or so championship games, always pullin for my neighbor across the county line ... the only question I have is how long has Honaker been playing in Richlands with the midget league and those little league teams, I didn't think it had really been long enough to say that that is boosting Honaker's varsity program, that's a bit bold. And Honaker has had a good ball team (with maybe exception of a year or two) since around '99. They were great in the Miller era, but then solid after that (again exception of a season or two).

I'm sure Honaker was not part of the Richlands league 5 years ago because the seniors this year did not play in it and I know we have been a part of it at least 3 years because I have one playing. I do agree the overall compition has improved for the little kids.

I'm sure Honaker was not part of the Richlands league 5 years ago because the seniors this year did not play in it and I know we have been a part of it at least 3 years because I have one playing. I do agree the overall compition has improved for the little kids.

If memory serves me correct I think this is year 5 or maybe 6. But my memory is like my hair not much left.

The Honaker Jets.... reminds me of the real Jets... Hubbard is a pretty solid Rex Ryan look alike and has alot of the same actions....

Honaker is a good team no doubt about that. They are having a great run of athletes right now, 8th grade all the way through, baseball, basketball and football.

If Richlands wanted to, they could beat Honaker so bad that EMATS would repo the field turf man. Playing Richlands will help Honaker in the playoffs.

Lets be honest there's a difference in improved, and playing well and being in Richlands league. They be in the Midget League with Richlands, but not in their " league ". Adams ran a buck sweep about 70 on Honakers starters last week, and Adams is a great player for TV, but if he's ripping off a 70 what's Johnson going to do? No disrespect to anyone, but we're going to be seeing alot of this matchup soon, my $ is that Richlands and Tazewell drop to single A in 2 years (after this year, and next years cycle of football contracts) could be in the BDD....

My only concern is Eastside lost 17-14 to Honaker, but Haysi beat the breaks off of Eastside. That Haysi Honaker game is looking real good later with District Champ implications.

I also want to see the Hurley Haysi game this year too b/c Hurley gave Colley a little taste of his own medicine last year scoring one late on them..

My only concern is Eastside lost 17-14 to Honaker, but Haysi beat the breaks off of Eastside. That Haysi Honaker game is looking real good later with District Champ implications.

I also want to see the Hurley Haysi game this year too b/c Hurley gave Colley a little taste of his own medicine last year scoring one late on them..

1) the performances of Haysi and Honaker are based more on matchups than quality of teams; Eastsides Defense is pretty good against the run and weak against the pass. I dont think Haysi is that much better than Eastside and imo neither is Honaker, Eastside isint bad they jsut cant get it together.

2) I didnt stay to watch the end of last years Haysi/Hurley game but from what I understand Hurley took a knee then threw the ball into the endzone for a TD. Thats dirty and nothing James Colley would do, ever. If the 2nd team scores late during a blowout so be it but not with the starters.

Haysi/Honaker and Haysi/Hurley should both be very good games. Thsi will also be the 1st year in many that I will be attending the Haysi/TV game

Richlands shouldn't take this team lightly, they don't fair to well against State Championship Baseball teams. Turner Ashby, Poquoson. Hmmmm

I know what your saying but just for the record RHS beat Honaker (15-1?) in baseball last spring before they went on to win that state championship.

I really hope this game is tight down to the wire. Both teams need a four quarter ball game, more so Richlands.

Not sure about tight down to the wire. We have already had one of those and I am not sure my heart can take it. I would much rather have Richlands trailing by a touch down or two in the 2nd quarter.

I spoke with a friend from Honaker and he said he felt pretty good about the match-up. He said Honaker would beat Richlands if they hadn't recruited? Whatever that means? But, sure it will be a good match-up, I have to pull for the small school in this one, Honaker by 3.

That recruiting thing is is getting old with me. There's kids moving to Richlands and moving

away from Richlands every year. Anyway, if I had a boy who could play football, I'd want

him to be somewhere he would have a chance to play on a good football team and maybe get a scholorship to go to college.

Edited by rhs82

Who are we recruiting ? It's more like the parents of the transfers are the one's doing the recruiting ;) . Nothing wrong with kids or their parents wanting them to play for a winning team year end and year out. And yes the recruiting thing is getting old.

Recruiting is just one of those things that jealous people say when things don't go the way they want them too, its nice to know that it's the same old Honaker in many ways, like I don't hear this bunk every year..... get a new line already.

Granted I have not see Honaker play this season but I don't see them being better than Pulaski (eveon though Pulaski is 0-5). Maybe I am totally out of the water on this game but I think the Tigers may hang around alittle bit but don't see it being a nail bitter. We are young and inexperieced in the secondary and the Tigers may expose alittle of that tonight in the air but see Richlands walking out with a victory.