Top 5 Qbs

wave316

Ok yesterday we discussed the top 5 rbs in SWVA. today let's discuss the QB position . Top 5 are 1 Reese Strong -Richlands 2. Tanner Crowder -Burton 3. Zayne W Rural Retreat 4. Dillon Dahley -Clintwood 5. Nick Bowen Gate City--Interested in hearing about Galax qb and George Wythe... :)

Ok yesterday we discussed the top 5 rbs in SWVA. today let's discuss the QB position . Top 5 are 1 Reese Strong -Richlands 2. Tanner Crowder -Burton 3. Zayne W Rural Retreat 4. Dillon Dahley -Clintwood 5. Nick Bowen Gate City--Interested in hearing about Galax qb and George Wythe... :)

I take it that you guys don't count Roanoke as SWVA.

Gotta keep Max Rogers in mind on this one. Kid is only a sophomore and is special. He makes that offense work. Grayson would not be nearly as good a team without him.

NAW, They think the state ends in Richmond/Charlottesville.

no if you talk to people here in the staunton charlottesville area they do not know anything past roanoke va stops there with people from central and northern and eastern va. sorry.

Don't remember the name but was very impressed with what I saw of GWs QB. No doubt the best I have seen this year.

Im not gonna do a top 5 QBs simply because most far SWVA schools dont throw the ball enough to get a real read on how good the QBs are, but I will make a rough list of the best in no particular order.

R. Strong - Richlands

T. Crowder - JI Burton

D. Dahley - Clintwood(Great athlete, very good runner but an average passer)

N. Bowen - GC(great all around player)

A. Cooper - Hurley(solid all around)

Z. Owens - Haysi(average runner but very good passer, very accurate)

Thats not all of the good QBs but are the best of Far SWVA, I dont know enough about the old Region C to judge the QBs over there. There is no way Dahley is top 5, definately top 10 though

I would call the Roanoke area West Central VA. To me SWVA is from Giles and Floyd and Carroll Counties West

Edited by redtiger

Don't know about where'd they fit in to the discussion but just to throw out a few more, Castlewood's Trevor Hileman, John Battle's Josh Blackburn, and Honaker's Ty Hall had been putting up some good numbers this year last I'd seen.

Richie Morefield from TS- not to be forgotten-total offense for season as of now is over 1000 yards combined rushing and passing-over 10 TDs rushing,passing and punt return. He runs ball pretty good, if he finds receiver pretty accurate.

Don't know about where'd they fit in to the discussion but just to throw out a few more, Castlewood's Trevor Hileman, John Battle's Josh Blackburn, and Honaker's Ty Hall had been putting up some good numbers this year last I'd seen.

I forgot about Hileman, he definately is on a top 10 list and the other two are in the discussion. Hall is in an offense where he doesent get to shine, much like Dahley. Morefield isint bad but I dont know if he is top 10, on another team he's probably a WR or RB.

I agree, but isint that the story of the QB position at Clintwood?

I hate to do this, ok I really dont. Lets look at what the DCHS football team would look like if they were consolidated this season.

Offense

QB - Z. Owens Haysi

FB - A. Dotson Clintwood

RB - G. Meade Clintwood

SE - D. Stanley Haysi

FL - D. Dahley Clintwood

OL/TE Clintwood

Defense

DL - Clintwood

OLB - Clintwood has 2 good ones, oick one

OLB - D Blair Haysi (good instincts, tough, quick)

MLB - #44 Clintwood(dont know his name but the kid is good)

MLB - Blankenship Haysi(good instincts)

CB - Ervinton(I dont know the names but they have several really good athletes)

CB - Clintwood(they have several good players that could fill this position)

S - Ervinton(another one of those athletes)

Thats who I would start, no 2-way starters. A 3-4 man rotation at WR and 3 man rotation at RB, as well as alot of rotation on defense.

Thats a VERY good team

Edited by redtiger

yea i know, im from the wood too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol!! I know ..ha... guess dylan got enough reps while Trey was injured to prepare him for this season...not a whole lot of reps but did give him some game time experience!

Your QB can only be as good as the line. Take for example Cody L. for Richlands last year. Looked like a very average QB at Tazewell put him at Richalnds and he looked great. If you don't have a good line and some WR's you will never know how good your QB really is. My OPINION of course.

Your QB can only be as good as the line. Take for example Cody L. for Richlands last year. Looked like a very average QB at Tazewell put him at Richalnds and he looked great. If you don't have a good line and some WR's you will never know how good your QB really is. My OPINION of course.

I completly agree, its really hard to judge QBs in this area. Alot of teams in this area are set up to run the ball and that makes it hard to pass. Either because all the patterns are deep, the scheme makes it obvious that you are gonna pass or the protection is bad.