THS Football Problems....

Gym

Some of his examples he has been setting on and off the football field this year have not been good for young players. I don't think he is that worried about making fine young men. I think he needs to go.

and BOOM! first shot fired over the bow.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soop will not allow his son to go to Richlands.... Only one was kicked off the team, the other 8 that quit told the coach that if he didn't bring the one back that got kicked off the team then they were quitting, So Coach Tate said, GET YOUR SHIT AND GET GONE!!!! That's the way Coach!!!!!! My Junior and Senior year I went 0-10, we were not as bad as this team!!! They just to damn sorry! Coach Tate, I am glad you are standing up to them and wish you the best!!!!

I have had only had contact once with the Tazewell program this season, and other than one incident which didn't reflect upon the team as a whole, I came away with nothing but respect for what Coach Tate is trying to do for that program.

I have had only had contact once with the Tazewell program this season, and other than one incident which didn't reflect upon the team as a whole, I came away with nothing but respect for what Coach Tate is trying to do for that program.

and most people outside of Tazewell seem to think this way...however, they just can't stand themselves out there and will run him off in record time...wait and see....they always do...there are a few that have the pull who can't leave the program alone to get things done, they are the ones that put this sorry attitude in the kids heads by saying this stuff in front of them...some people STILL think people are making this stuff up and it doesn't go on. I agree with Sheets, but this guy is already on his way out he just doesn't know it yet...and until certain people are made to stay out of the programs business then this is ALL you are ever going to have in Tazewell....and it's a shame...Tate seems like a good coach, Wyatt was a good coach, Smith is a sorry ass and you did good to run him off, but Hart was not bad and he was run off, in the end he just caved in to try to keep the peace and failed for doing so...other than that the guy was ok.

it's not the 5 or so coaches that have been the problem people...its the ones that can't leave the program alone and the kids they influence who are going around with an entitled attitude thinking daddy runs the world....sorry, but that is just the truth of the matter.

Why not hire all the dads who run the program from behind the scenes as the new coaching staff. Then there are no excuses! Then hire all the moms as the cheerleaders. From what i have heard Tate will be gone at seasons end. Heard he has done threw in the towel. God Bless anyone who takes the Tazewell job.

Not that everyone didn't know already that we have problems but.....

8 starters quit yesterday including our Junior QB and our Freshman QB

Don't let the door hit them where the good Lord split them, IMHO.

I would be more apt to blame this on coaching if the coach had been there longer than SEVEN FREAKING GAMES...

Don't let the door hit them where the good Lord split them, IMHO.

I would be more apt to blame this on coaching if the coach had been there longer than SEVEN FREAKING GAMES...

That's pretty much what Coach Tate told the players that quit!!!! I also heard Coach Tate was at the Middle School on Tuesday talking to the 8th graders and told them that if they were going to play football next season at the High School the weight lifting started today!! I hope this man tells the parents to **** Off and leave him alone and let him do his damn job.....

Soop will not allow his son to go to Richlands.... Only one was kicked off the team, the other 8 that quit told the coach that if he didn't bring the one back that got kicked off the team then they were quitting, So Coach Tate said, GET YOUR SHIT AND GET GONE!!!! That's the way Coach!!!!!! My Junior and Senior year I went 0-10, we were not as bad as this team!!! They just to damn sorry! Coach Tate, I am glad you are standing up to them and wish you the best!!!!

they never quit coach told them to get out the door. Not one player said they would quit they said they wasn't going up to practice without him. Then he told them to leave.

they never quit coach told them to get out the door. Not one player said they would quit they said they wasn't going up to practice without him. Then he told them to leave.

And how is that different than quitting if they aren't going to practice without him? If the coach isn't letting him practice, then apparently they quit.

Classic case of spoiled kids. So your friend got kicked out? Deal with it. Go play. Kids can't run the program. Same as parents can't run it either. I hope Tate weathers the storm, and not Richlands storm either.

Classic case of spoiled kids. So your friend got kicked out? Deal with it. Go play. Kids can't run the program. Same as parents can't run it either. I hope Tate weathers the storm.

We have a winner. Wish the people in Tazewell could see things from the outside looking in and they would see this is so true!

I think that most people are really still excited about Coach Tate. He is excited about our program and making it grow. I just hope that he sticks it out. Its not going to turn around over night.

This has been the problem for years as Lance said! The only difference is Coach Tate could care less what people think and has the nerve to do what a Head Coach should do in this situation. He must be doing something right when 32 8th graders attended weight lifting last night!

We have a winner. Wish the people in Tazewell could see things from the outside looking in and they would see this is so true!

The thing is many of us do see the problem but of course we don't hold the money of the town. As a whole Lance is right most Tazewell people are great fans, but there are the few that think they can control everything. They spread their influence to others and create a real crap storm.

I'm pretty sure he made that decision when he got benched for the Freshman qb! I heard he went to talk to Richlands 2 weeks ago.

Know for a fact that was true. Not sure if that is where he will end up or not though.

This has been the problem for years as Lance said! The only difference is Coach Tate could care less what people think and has the nerve to do what a Head Coach should do in this situation. He must be doing something right when 32 8th graders attended weight lifting last night!

The people I talk to have a strong support for him and applaud him for the way he is handling issues. Granted none of those people I talk to are parents players...

I hate this for any program! Its tuff to have a losing season but to lost that many players! Coaches can only do so much! And to be honest parents need to let him coach! Now if he isnt doing his job thats one thing, but if he is just pissing parents off because their son isnt playing like they think he should that is completely wrong!

I dont complain about our coach not treating our kids with respect i complain that he is calling the same plays that dont get you anywhere but hurt kids! LOL

I wish THS the best to over come this! Good luck to everyone Friday night!

Wow what a mess! I hate to see these type things happen to any program. If Tate does leave, and I hope he does not, how would you ever find another coach of any quality to step into this hornet's nest? Everyone should certainly hope and pray that Coach Tate stays on and turns this mess around or else it could really get ugly.

Did MacDonald quit?

3 games left and he's out for at least one anyway...i wouldn't doubt it.

Also...the way these things work when you want rid of someone, and the people who are doing the "getting rid of"...there will be some great controversy soon...wait and see.

I hope nothing but the best for the players at THS, but like someone else posted, word is Tate is not coming back next year. Please, I'm not trying to stir the pot. But, I've heard that from two reliable sources. Hate that for the program if true.

hate to say it but if Richlands wasn't winning it would be the same or worse there...Mance is just so successful that he can afford to not deal with the crap. If he ever decides to leave Richlands, chaos will follow.

hate to say it but if Richlands wasn't winning it would be the same or worse there...Mance is just so successful that he can afford to not deal with the crap. If he ever decides to leave Richlands, chaos will follow.

agreed