Southwest District predictions.

RoughNeck69

picking marion 4th you must not know what marion has coming back this season lol

maybe I have to much confidence in richlands, but I guess it could go either way Richlands 3rd or 4th but not 5th, still doesnt matter they are on the bottom tier anyways. I will say this, Devon is a beast on the bball court also and Ben Brown can make it rain 3s all day they will not have the size they've had in the past with James Patton being gone but I think they will score a lot of points and be fast up and down the court.

Someone told me that Devon was going to skip BB and concentrate on the weight room to get ready for Marshall? I Hope not, he has alot of talent on the court.

Austin Fuller did that his senior year after he had a ride to Tech wrapped up. Said he wanted to focus on his conditioning and not tear something. But we will se I suppose...

how do you let the jv coach take over the varsity job, there is a reason he was a jv coach. I've talked to coach phillips several times, he seems like a great guy.

So with your logic, no college coach should ever coach at the pro level?

not what i'm saying at all, just sayin there was a reason coach phillips was the varsity coach and not the jv coach. he seems like he knows what is going on, he doesnt have much help though, richlands is full of athletes not basketball players.

not what i'm saying at all, just sayin there was a reason coach phillips was the varsity coach and not the jv coach. he seems like he knows what is going on, he doesnt have much help though, richlands is full of athletes not basketball players.

Many factors might go into this. 1. Isn't Fred's son near j.v. age? If so, maybe he would want to coach him. 2. Last year was the first year that Fred had been back in coaching in a couple years. Jody has been working with the program sometime.

Many factors might go into this. 1. Isn't Fred's son near j.v. age? If so, maybe he would want to coach him. 2. Last year was the first year that Fred had been back in coaching in a couple years. Jody has been working with the program sometime.

i think his son is a 7th grade hold back, i seen him play the other day in a middle school tournament at twin valley, the kid can play. So i could understand that, but i don't understand why he would give up the varsity gig to coach his son on jv for one year.

I wouldn't be so quick to put richlands at 5th, I think it should look like this

1. Carrol

2. Abingdon

3. Richlands

4. Marion

5. Tazewell

sad that Grundy is not in there this year...not a fan of change.

Side note: Hurley would beat any of these by 20...lol.

Jody Fuller is a great coach. He has been a JV coach since Tom Rife's days @ RHS. They made a great choice picking Jody. I have known Jody and his family every since he moved from Iaeger and played bb @ RHS. Great family!!!

but i don't understand why he would give up the varsity gig to coach his son on jv for one year.

I don't think Fred gave up on being the Varsity coach, Jody and Fred were interviewed for the Varsity job, Jody Fuller got the position.

i think his son is a 7th grade hold back, i seen him play the other day in a middle school tournament at twin valley, the kid can play. So i could understand that, but i don't understand why he would give up the varsity gig to coach his son on jv for one year.

Fred used to Coach the Varsity girls.... Politics of Richlands kept him from getting the job as varsity head coach that's the talk up Walmart....

Jody's a good Coach, he played for Rick Goodman at Iager back in the day

They shopped the Job around on the down low, tried to get some really good BDD Coaches..... but didn't sweeten the pot enough to get them to sign the deal.

Someone told me that Devon was going to skip BB and concentrate on the weight room to get ready for Marshall? I Hope not, he has alot of talent on the court.

If he gets hurt bye bye scholarship.