Change is coming

battleftbl

What I have heard kicked around is Abingdon with CBurg, Blacksburg, Pulaski and Carroll (I might be forgetting another) in a district together.

Region 3 teams Lord Bot, William Byrd and Northside moving to back to Region 4 to be with Salem, Cave Spring and Hidden Valley.

thats the long rumored "I-81" district alignment...and add Marion to that mix....there have been some that have tried to make that happen for years and my guess is that if it hasn't by now, it won't.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, im opening the door for Falconman and Southbound to preach to me the greatness of Abingdon and the inferiority of Haysi but why exactly would a high school student get a second degree?

Also do Sp Ed kids no count toward a schools enrollment?

The special ed students get their degree, then they can stay another year to work on a regular diploma.

If Marion and Abingdon stay in AA then they should put Lee in with them and reform the Highlands....Lee has been given a pass to play down for a long time...that could end.

Lee has Class A numbers now...they can't be forced to play up...

The trip from Abingdon to Blacksburg would be the longest in that setup. That would still be a long drive for district games but not a rediculious one. That could work.

I would imagine the Roanoke area schools would be happy w/ that but I wouldnt think Blacksburg, Pulaski and Christiansburg would be too thrilled.

No need to worry about Abingdon. I have it on good authority that they're going to join the Big 12.

Ah!!! Makes perfect sense!!! I was kind of hoping to see them in the SEC though. Oh well...

When this plan happens and Richlands ends up as a singal A school and playing in the cmd we will no longer have to hear anyone say that the blues have a weak sec.

This actually made me bust out laughing.... Plus gives Bluefield another reason to not want to schedule Richlands.... I guess its bad enough that Bluefield plays us (Graham) at single A, but I am sure they would never want to take two single A teams from VA, (just to stir the pot a little) especially a Virginia Single A team that could beat Bluefield. Given I'm sure at some point down the road we will have to beat Bluefield... It DOES happen from time to time.

This actually made me bust out laughing.... Plus gives Bluefield another reason to not want to schedule Richlands.... I guess its bad enough that Bluefield plays us (Graham) at single A, but I am sure they would never want to take two single A teams from VA, (just to stir the pot a little) especially a Virginia Single A team that could beat Bluefield. Given I'm sure at some point down the road we will have to beat Bluefield... It DOES happen from time to time.

Your attempt at stirring is futile...

Both Graham and Richlands are considered AA in WV....and Bluefield is the one ducking a game with Richlands...

I think the potential "new" CMD would be legit .. IF.. you were to replace Grundy with a newly consolidated Buchanan County H.S. (I don't think this will happen by 2013) Otherwise, I think Grundy stays in the BDD.

Your attempt at stirring is futile...

Both Graham and Richlands are considered AA in WV....and Bluefield is the one ducking a game with Richlands...

Oh my goodness Gman... say it aint so :eek: the "everyone is scared to play us" Beavers ducking a game?? :confused:

Oh my goodness Gman... say it aint so :eek: the "everyone is scared to play us" Beavers ducking a game?? :confused:

My bad...I meant to say "Bluefield ISN'T the one ducking a game with Richlands"...brain got too fast for the fingers and skipped some letters...