Tazewell forfieting???

TheChampIsHere

Just heard on a radio show that tazewell may be forieting next weeks game against richlands i know this cant be true because tcsb would not miss out on the money it garners from this game but if it was my school and my team i would.much rather lose on the field than to just give the game up i dont know if this is true but has anyone else heard anything about this

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard on a radio show that tazewell may be forieting next weeks game against richlands i know this cant be true because tcsb would not miss out on the money it garners from this game but if it was my school and my team i would.much rather lose on the field than to just give the game up i dont know if this is true but has anyone else heard anything about this

My cousin's stepmother's uncle's brother's mother's father's grandson's friend's teacher's doctor's proctologist said that you're wrong.

I have heard rumors about this for the last week or so, I have also heard a couple more that lead me to believe that , even tho Tazewell may want to forfeit, that probably isn't a real option for them. I do agree however that you have agreed to play the game , go out there and play the damn game and get it over with, I keep hearing about the new coach being a strict coach and such and I find it hard to believe it could show his kids anything but how to lie down and be a quitter when/if you start forfeiting games outright. I will seriously lose ALL respect for that program if they really do end up forfeiting and simply refuse to play.

I have heard rumors about this for the last week or so, I have also heard a couple more that lead me to believe that , even tho Tazewell may want to forfeit, that probably isn't a real option for them. I do agree however that you have agreed to play the game , go out there and play the damn game and get it over with, I keep hearing about the new coach being a strict coach and such and I find it hard to believe it could show his kids anything but how to lie down and be a quitter when/if you start forfeiting games outright. I will seriously lose ALL respect for that program if they really do end up forfeiting and simply refuse to play.

I would think that the only way this could happen is if they do not have enough to play....

I wouldn't think this was true...

This would not be a good thing for them to do even if it is a rebuilding season how would you tell your kids to just give up and try again next year. Imo it sounds like coach tate will not be there very long if he adds this to his resume

I would think that the only way this could happen is if they do not have enough to play....

I wouldn't think this was true...

This is my opinion also. I hope and think that this is the only way that they would do that.

There's no way! Too much money lost at the gate, plus Tazewell would never live that down. Good Luck Tazewell, hope you get things worked out up there. Miss the days when both were good, and the Crowd and traffic was crazy.

This must be one of the parents big ideas...i doubt Coach Tate would dream of doing such a thing.

I would really hope not, from what I hear he's a straight up guy who doesn't have any quit in him, Im just saying If he is the one who decides this I really don't think he will be there next year, and if the parents are pushing the subject shame on them, I know they hate to see their kids lose week in and week out but that's what they signed up for-to play the game, not to pick their own battles.

But if Tazewell was to forfiet, would Richlands still get any points as far as playoffs go?, And also that would give Richlands 3 weeks counting this week to prepare for their first playoff game....

A forfeit still counts the same as a win when it comes to points in the playoff system. If I'm not mistaken it is recorded as a score of 2-0.

This is another reason why the Richlands schedule is terrible. There is no reason for Tazewell/Richlands to be game 10. Cold weather, un-equal teams, this will defently damper the crowd.

I kind of liked the idea of the game being number 10. Imagine if both teams were good. Or maybe fighting for playoff seeds. The gate could be tremendus. I think that may be what they were hoping for.

I heard from a probably not so reliable source that a lot seniors quit on the Tazewell team. I don't know if there is any truth to this . Has anybody else heard this ?

That was true going into last week. The score wasn't pretty but I was period of the guys giving it all they could considering what had happened. I thought they played with a lot of heart and hope to see the same in the next two games. I'm sure its just a rumor started probably by some of the players that quit on the team. Tate would not allow something like that to happen, even if he had to start all freshman.

I heard from a probably not so reliable source that a lot seniors quit on the Tazewell team. I don't know if there is any truth to this . Has anybody else heard this ?

There were a lot of players who quit i think 9 in all range from frosh to.seniors.

Soooooo, can they just not take it or what?

I know they have had 2 tough seasons but my goodness, there is no way I would work for 4 years just to quit as a senior, no way.

Little more complicated than that. One player gets kicked off and others won't practice without him. Coach pretty much says there's the door to the others. One exception is the qb that we had starting. Pretty sure his parents not happy about play calling and how he want being used. The players that left were causing a rift in the locker room from what I was told. The kids that are left want to play ball and are willing to ride the storm out and be better for next year.

I have several friends at Tazewell and they have too much class and pride to allow a game forfeited. Also, Coach Mance has too much class to run up the score and embarrass the players. I like the last game to be against your biggest rival. VT vs UVA. Auburn vs BAMA and Carson Newman vs VOLS.

Soooooo, can they just not take it or what?

I know they have had 2 tough seasons but my goodness, there is no way I would work for 4 years just to quit as a senior, no way.

Little more complicated than that. One player gets kicked off and others won't practice without him. Coach pretty much says there's the door to the others. One exception is the qb that we had starting. Pretty sure his parents not happy about play calling and how he want being used. The players that left were causing a rift in the locker room from what I was told. The kids that are left want to play ball and are willing to ride the storm out and be better for next year.

This sounds to me more like an issue with a sense of entitlement by some of these kids. The coach has a job to do, and if some of the kids are quitting because they don't like the actions of the coach, and they are backing this one player at the expense of the team, that's definitely a character issue that goes back to the parents. I have always told my kids if you're going to start something, you're going to finish it no matter what. These kids who are refusing to practice should be ashamed of themselves, and their parents should snatch a freaking knot on their heads and make them finish what they started. This is totally ridiculous, and it looks really bad for Tazewell.

As far as coach Mance running up the score, he has a job to do as well. He has to prepare his team for the playoffs, and that means telling his players to play their best game and don't let up. When you start letting up and playing soft, that's when kids get hurt. The first half of this game was already going to be a massacre, and these kids that quit already know that, so taking the easy way out by quitting reveals a lot about them and their parents. I hate to say that about 16 and 17-year-old kids, but it is what it is, and it actually says more about their parents than the kids themselves. Just pathetic. I hope someone talks to these kids and parents before it's too late to field a halfway decent team for the Richlands game. Being on record as forfeiting a game to Richlands would be a black mark for Tazewell, and something the school and the kids would have to live with forever. I hope it doesn't happen.

Edited by blueinbama