Things you have enjoyed about this season?

gcdevils47

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything! I just love high school football!

This for me !

I love going and watching high school football ! But the best is yet to start. The playoffs is just at a different level and I love going to watch the playoffs !

1. Honaker being a different team come 2nd Half, 2. Richlands winning over Union by 2 point, 3. John Battle finally going to the play-offs for the first time since 98 (congrats JSB, u deserve it), 4. Gate City started 0-3 and now winning 6 straight, and 5. Wise Central winning over Lee High in a shootout 51-50.

1. Honaker being a different team come 2nd Half, 2. Richlands winning over Union by 2 point, 3. John Battle finally going to the play-offs for the first time since 98 (congrats JSB, u deserve it), 4. Gate City started 0-3 and now winning 6 straight, and 5. Wise Central winning over Lee High in a shootout 51-50.

Central and Lee was a heck of a game...

Taking so much abuse hearing about how badly the Central Warriors were going to lose to the Union Bears. Central was the "red-headed stepchild" of the new WC schools,and had heard from day 1 how terrible their football team was going to be,and that they'd not only lose but be humiliated by the Bears. Lots of critics were silenced after the Warriors handled the Bears. The shootout win over Lee was a blast as well-just a great show to watch

my favorite memory was grundy giving hurley there annual butt kicking even with berglowe hurley didn't have a chance
If you guys still had berglowe you would have won 7 or 8 games instead of 5....Hurley would probably jsut have won 2 or 3 without him. He is a difference maker and he would be the best player on the team no matter which team he was on. Dont hate and give the kid his props.

Union making some of the most exciting highschool games i have ever witnessed. 4 point differences in the 4 th quarter like 4 or 5 times this season is crazy! Oh and watching Mekya Davis 23 from Union run. For those of yall who know who im talking about this kid is a true sophomore! He is amazing already at 15 years old

Graham winning the games they are supposed to win.

Ditto..... and one they were not...

A season without Doug Marrs. BEST SEASON EVER.

Agreed. This has been the season we've all been waiting for!! Now if we could just get ahold of that team right across the state line...

One pleasant surprise this season was Battle. It's good to see that program on the mend.

The expectations for the Blues this season were not as high as they had been in years past, yet here we are on the last day of the regular season once again undefeated. I have enjoyed listening online and hearing Devon Johnson run like a wild man amongst boys, and Reece Strong's abilities as a passer and a kicker have been better than I ever expected. The RHS defense has also played better than I expected. Great year once again for Richlands, and hopefully we will have a long run in the playoffs. Go Blue!

Well the regular season will be coming to a close tomorrow night, I was just wondering what were your guys favorite memories from this past season?

Well mine could come tonight with a Bluefield victory over a good Wayne team to get them into the playoffs. I realize the odds are not in Bluefield's favor this year but I think it could happen.

I would have to say the maturing of Holston's team this year. They are young and started it off tough. They had quality opponents early, but really have developed in the last couple of weeks into a decent football team. Really enjoyed watching Coach Matlock and his staff put together a quality team this year.

Yep. Graham going 5-5 with this undersized yet scrappy group is nothing short of amazing.

You were basically guaranteed 4 wins before the season started. That win over Fort Chiswell is definitely impressive though. Would like to see Graham winning again. The MED is clicking right now.

The Graham program completely turning around. Went from 1 win last year to possibly 5 (depending on tonight). I think props are deserved for the whole coaching staff and those young men that didn't give up and kept fighting.

Living down in Florida, with family in Grayson and Carroll counties, the highlight of the season will be listening to Galax and Grayson live over the internet this evening. Good luck to both teams and wish I was there in person to see this one.

The Graham program completely turning around. Went from 1 win last year to possibly 5 (depending on tonight). I think props are deserved for the whole coaching staff and those young men that didn't give up and kept fighting.

Definitely good for Graham's program going forward....this could get more kids interested in football again....get things rolling at Graham again...The community support has been outstanding as well....we could return to past days of glory if things continue in the direction that they are headed.