Hurley @ Honaker -- Round 2

rebel1

better team doesn't always win...

was a pretty good game I thought...If that big run by Cooper wasn't called back...who knows what might have happened in this one. I thought Hurley matched up well with them and did a good job today...for no more kids than they have to work with, pretty amazing showing. Hurley could have very easily been the one to move on, just came up a little short.

I thought Honaker looked better today than they did against Grundy...they came to play and got the win the hard way...have to give them credit for that for sure. Good luck next week.

I listened to the game on the radio, and I wanted to rip my ears off!!! That one guy was as monotone as anything I've ever heard since Curtis Stacy.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I listened to the game on the radio, and I wanted to rip my ears off!!! That one guy was as monotone as anything I've ever heard since Curtis Stacy.

lol...thats why i dont listen to the radio.

hurley fought back to make it a game and honaker layed down on a good lead.burton will embarrass honaker if they dont play 4 qtrs next week.honaker played about 1 qtr to their potential and the rest was sloppy, in my opinion.the td before the half was questionable,but i didnt see the clock.honakers corners couldnt catch a cold.chances to pick 6 dropped.berglowe was shutdown pretty well the whole game.i dont kno how many yds hurley had the first qtr,but it was very little.after the first qtr honaker was flat the rest of the game.

When the play finished with the incomplete pass in the endzone i lloked up there was tenths of a second left as it ran off .... so the call was right to give hurley another play ........ what got me on this was that 3 diff refs including white top were callin it the end of the half and they reversedit after talkin tester and honaker had went in to locker room.

There was a penalty for someone not havin there mouth piece which u almost never see and an aiding the ball carrier .... someone explain that one .... ive never seen that before

Just want to say congrats to the Tigers ...and congrats Hurley on a good season. Rebels came to play snd it was the game many were expecting ... definitely got my heart rate up a few times ....

Hope everyone had a safe trip home!

By listening to the radio, it seemed like Honaker owned the first quarter and most of the last quarter. If Hurley could have shut-down the points in the first quarter this game would have turned out different. That being said, congratulations for Honaker for the win, and Hurley never seemed to give up.

What the heck happened at the end of the first half? The radio announcer said the half was over and then Hurley got to run another play and scored. Good luck to Honaker in the playoffs.

I gotta say , maybe it was just me, but that game had the strangest feel and/or flow,from bringing Honaker back from the locker room at the end of the first half to the illegal assisting the runner call at the end.I have said and will say again if Honaker evers plays 4 quarters of football they will be EXTREMELY difficult to beat but on the flip side if they don't they can be beat by anybody and I mean anybody.

Very sloppy game from both sides in my opinion. Hurley couldn't tackle to save their lives and Honaker kept the Rebels in the game for the most part. That being said, this was a great game to watch. Hurley really played with a lot of heart. The non-roughing the kicker call was terrible and the aiding call was a joke too. Great game to watch though.

the aiding call actually helped honaker...i heard tester say he would have declined that one if it wasn't a loss of dawn and he had the choice...Hurley needed the ball back at that point and needed every second on the clock. That call also set up the FG that sealed the deal...if they dont get backed up there, the clock gets stopped. you get a goal line stand and if Hurley holds and gets the ball back then you have a shot at the win with about 15 seconds left...as it stood, clock rolled, Honaker got another shot at 2nd down, Hurley ran out of time.

The mouthpiece call was warned once before it was called.

The call at the half was correct, the clock should have had 1 second left.

whoever was running the clock did a crappy job...or maybe it was the equipment, but clock keeping was an issue.

Also, the late hit call on Hurley over on the Hurley side was legit...refs made the right call there I thought.

I didn't see the punt clearly from where i was at, but the ref said the guy got a piece of the ball...and it was an ugly looking kick and I don't know what exactly went on there with that one...ref said right away the guy got a piece of the ball though...wasn't like he waited to signal it....I assume that was a legit no-call...but, who knows?

I gotta say , maybe it was just me, but that game had the strangest feel and/or flow,from bringing Honaker back from the locker room at the end of the first half to the illegal assisting the runner call at the end.I have said and will say again if Honaker evers plays 4 quarters of football they will be EXTREMELY difficult to beat but on the flip side if they don't they can be beat by anybody and I mean anybody.

Illegal assisting...WOW...that's one you rarely hear called....happens all the time. It is illegal but I think I've only heard that called once or twice in my life (I'm 49). I think I've seen that illegal assisting call in every game I've ever watched and it's never been called.

By listening to the radio, it seemed like Honaker owned the first quarter and most of the last quarter. If Hurley could have shut-down the points in the first quarter this game would have turned out different. That being said, congratulations for Honaker for the win, and Hurley never seemed to give up.

What the heck happened at the end of the first half? The radio announcer said the half was over and then Hurley got to run another play and scored. Good luck to Honaker in the playoffs.

Cooper talked the ref into getting 1 more play. lol jk

the aiding call actually helped honaker...i heard tester say he would have declined that one if it wasn't a loss of dawn and he had the choice...Hurley needed the ball back at that point and needed every second on the clock. That call also set up the FG that sealed the deal...if they dont get backed up there, the clock gets stopped. you get a goal line stand and if Hurley holds and gets the ball back then you have a shot at the win with about 15 seconds left...as it stood, clock rolled, Honaker got another shot at 2nd down, Hurley ran out of time.

The mouthpiece call was warned once before it was called.

The call at the half was correct, the clock should have had 1 second left.

whoever was running the clock did a crappy job...or maybe it was the equipment, but clock keeping was an issue.

Also, the late hit call on Hurley over on the Hurley side was legit...refs made the right call there I thought.

I didn't see the punt clearly from where i was at, but the ref said the guy got a piece of the ball...and it was an ugly looking kick and I don't know what exactly went on there with that one...ref said right away the guy got a piece of the ball though...wasn't like he waited to signal it....I assume that was a legit no-call...but, who knows?

The equipment call was not warned at all, I was the person that the call was on and it was that I didn't have one of my helmet buckles strapped. I repeat I wasn't warned once and I ask the ref about a warning and he simply said that he wasn't there to babysit me. Get your facts right, come on Lance you have been at this for how long.

The equipment call was not warned at all, I was the person that the call was on and it was that I didn't have one of my helmet buckles strapped. I repeat I wasn't warned once and I ask the ref about a warning and he simply said that he wasn't there to babysit me. Get your facts right, come on Lance you have been at this for how long.

i heard him on the play before that tell the wide out to put his mouthpiece in...thought it was on him...if it was on a helmet buckle then kinda odd you get two back to back...maybe since he warned the other guy you paid the price for it...or were you the wide out who got the mouthpiece warning as well? Either way there was a warning on the play before you got called for it...I heard the guy myself.

i heard him on the play before that tell the wide out to put his mouthpiece in...thought it was on him...if it was on a helmet buckle then kinda odd you get two back to back...maybe since he warned the other guy you paid the price for it...or were you the wide out who got the mouthpiece warning as well? Either way there was a warning on the play before you got called for it...I heard the guy myself.

It seemed pretty obvious to me that they were trying to keep Hurley in the ball game. I have played for 5 years counting 8th grade, and have never had a call for 1 snap being unbuckled.

were you #12? I've got a few pics with your helmet not buckled if so lol...I think that is more for your safety than to help Hurley, but I could be wrong.

Not #12. lol Have any pictures of anybody else with their strap unbuckled for your case?

It seemed pretty obvious to me that they were trying to keep Hurley in the ball game. I have played for 5 years counting 8th grade, and have never had a call for 1 snap being unbuckled.

Let me get this straight, you are saying the refs help Hurley erase a 19 point lead and actually take the lead 20-19. Yeah,right!

Not #12. lol Have any pictures of anybody else with their strap unbuckled for your case?

i dont have a case lol...if the refs were trying to help Hurley they should have flagged #12 as well.

what # are you and I will see what pics I have of you...you can PM me if you dont want to post it here. I have about 700 + pics, so should have a few.

were you #12? I've got a few pics with your helmet not buckled if so lol...I think that is more for your safety than to help Hurley, but I could be wrong.

strap.jpg

Looks like #55 done it for him before that horse collar wasn't called.

Let me get this straight, you are saying the refs help Hurley erase a 19 point lead and actually take the lead 20-19. Yeah,right!

Go back to my first post about the game, it tells you what I think of the game. Honaker laid down after a 19 point lead.

Looks like #55 done it for him before that horse collar wasn't called.

i have a few of him with it undone, dont think #55 got close enough to horse collar him or unbuckle it for him lol...you do know what a horse collar tackle looks like right? That "ain't" one...lmao.

i have a few of him with it undone, dont think #55 got close enough to horse collar him or unbuckle it for him lol...you do know what a horse collar tackle looks like right? That "ain't" one...lmao.

What about when #5 got hurt on their sidelines? Was it not horsecollar?

Noones talking about the late hit that wasnt called on coopers big run where the got the block in the back penalty, cooper was 3 yards out of bounds when he was hit and that shouldve been off setting. The punt wasnt touched and shouldve been a penalty and another issue was the scorekeeper continued to let the clock run because with 3 minutes to go they ran 2 plays for about 3 yards and was able to run close to 2 minutes off the clock. Last time i checked it doesnt take long to run a dive up the middle and the ref to get the ball set.So someone please explain to me why the ref set the ball and waited about 15 to 20 seconds before allowing the play clock to run. I was hoping for the upset, but wasnt really that worried about the outcome either way just hoping the bdd is successful but the more I watched the more frustrated I got about the way the game went and dissappointed to see the officials play that big of a role in the outcome of a game. But for what its worth great game by both teams and the hot dogs were very good.